What's new

Eureka Springs Organics

• Thread starter Eureka Springs Organics
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eureka Springs Organics

If it's GMO it needs to be upkept. GMO foods have TERRIBLE resistances to diseases, pests, etc. THAT is why they spray so much shit on them and mess with the DNA structure. Corn is sprayed with all sorts of pesticides and fungicides alongside Soybeans. Both of these are then fed to your cows. Those cows (alongside eating contaminated food) are injected with growth hormones and antibiotics. All the while they are living their lives ankle deep in their own shit. They are then killed, rendered, and made into YOUR food and into Blood and Bone Meal. Do you REALLY want this in your garden? I prefer to stick with a safely sourced Fish and Fish Bone Meal.

Fish bone meal can contain mercury, and other heavy metals. Keep searching. :)

You can't get away from toxins, so please get off of your high horse as you are spreading misinformation.

Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.

"Safe" is clearly an opinion.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Again if you want to start a thread go for it, but please leave this one. I don't have time to fight with someone.

Didn't know we were fighting. Thought it was discussion? Anyhow, there are many more educated than you in the world who share opposing views, but if you wish to live in ignorance so you can sell more products I will stop posting. Have a good 'un, ignorance is bliss :)

E

Eureka Springs Organics

It has nothing to do with selling products.

Did I lie to someone somewhere?

No I did not. Never have never will.

I have yet to meet a Certified organic farmer that could still turn a profit by using only certified organic inputs. That happens to be controlled by much more educated people than I as well. :)

Thanks for your concerns. Will be great to read more about them in your upcoming thread.

JohnQQ

ESO, you mentioned remediation earlier. I was wondering if you were planning on stocking any books on remediation (or is it technically bioremediation?) and if you weren't, if you had any particularly knowledgable authors to recommend?

E

Eureka Springs Organics

ESO, you mentioned remediation earlier. I was wondering if you were planning on stocking any books on remediation (or is it technically bioremediation?) and if you weren't, if you had any particularly knowledgable authors to recommend?
I will be bringing in a lot more books. Some more advanced than others. I will have to check my list to see if any of them specifically deal with that.

I now have to wipe olive oil off of my tablet. Making tofu tacos.:)

Westchef

it's strange, i came here to ask that exact same question, ive been doing a lot of research on the available kits and diy's, yours seems to be the best overall deal, i mean they have these vortex brewers that claim to be the best but they seem extremely expensive and pretty large, and the diy versions of the vortex look kinda crappy...and all the other diy ones out there mostly just look like crappy versions of yours...

i like that yours is tested and proven and i figure since i don't have a microscope id prefer to use one that i know works, so i don't have to wonder if my diy setup actually compares or not (id need an expensive microscope to ever know for sure).

problem is at my peak im only using 1-2 gallons of water a day, i don't mind brewing 5 gallons at once, but ive read it doesn't stay good for long once you remove the air...

would it be feasible to brew a 5 gallon batch, use 2.5 gallons, and leave the rest bubbling for a say 2-3 days longer before i can use the rest? or would it be fine to store that long without aeration?
Did you find an answer for this? I too am curious.......

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I know you said that you aren't doing pickups for now but are you going to be allowing this in the future? Any dates in mind yet?

E

Eureka Springs Organics

I am now doing will call orders for in stock purchases. All you have to do is send me the order via email with your name and number and I will arrange a pickup time.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Did you find an answer for this? I too am curious.......
Saving the tea for longer than a few hours is a no go. I will put building a baby brewer on my to-do list.

Literally.

I can't say it will be a priority, but I will start looking into it.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I am not trying to side bust on your biz ESO, but why don't you guys just get a 5 gal brewer with an eco1? If your brewing only 2-3 gals a brew, you don't need a fancy brewer. You could add an airlift if you wanted to get fancy, but my brews out of my 5 gal bucket seem just as effective as my 55gal brews with my awesome brewer with all the bells and whistles. Just my two cents.

With that said, a proven brewer from a reputable company pays for itself. No doubt there.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

I am not trying to side bust on your biz ESO, but why don't you guys just get a 5 gal brewer with an eco1? If your brewing only 2-3 gals a brew, you don't need a fancy brewer. You could add an airlift if you wanted to get fancy, but my brews out of my 5 gal bucket seem just as effective as my 55gal brews with my awesome brewer with all the bells and whistles. Just my two cents.

With that said, a proven brewer from a reputable company pays for itself. No doubt there.

Most definitely you can build your own brewer. Usually cheaper as well. Most likely you won't be brewing "bad" tea, but the question is are you going to be brewing "high quality" tea?

Hell I make my own brewers. :)

C

ct guy2

Fish bone meal can contain mercury, and other heavy metals. Keep searching. :)

You can't get away from toxins, so please get off of your high horse as you are spreading misinformation.

Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.
Remediation.

"Safe" is clearly an opinion.

Do you have any research to support this contention? The only article I was able to find was this: http://192.185.117.31/~heavymet/wp-...in-nine-composts-using-4-digestion-method.pdf

It appears to show lower metal contents than other products like chicken manure or swine litter.

Anything 'certified organic' is automatically non-gmo. Depending on quantity and where you are in the country, it should be too hard to find non-gmo options if that's important to you (as it is to me). For me, it's not just an issue of the quality/health of the product itself, but also how I can use my money to support the sorts of businesses that are producing organic crops/products and not supporting Monsanto.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Do you have any research to support this contention? The only article I was able to find was this: http://192.185.117.31/~heavymet/wp-...in-nine-composts-using-4-digestion-method.pdf

It appears to show lower metal contents than other products like chicken manure or swine litter.

Anything 'certified organic' is automatically non-gmo. Depending on quantity and where you are in the country, it should be too hard to find non-gmo options if that's important to you (as it is to me). For me, it's not just an issue of the quality/health of the product itself, but also how I can use my money to support the sorts of businesses that are producing organic crops/products and not supporting Monsanto.

I have no citations as I don't bookmark everything I read.

I have a hard time finding non-gmo products that are at a price that people that aren't rich could afford. I would love to know your sources.

C

ct guy2

I have no citations as I don't bookmark everything I read.

I have a hard time finding non-gmo products that are at a price that people that aren't rich could afford. I would love to know your sources.

www.concentratesnw.com has a lot of options and can ship pallets. You can view their product list here: http://concentratesnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/retail-list-130901.pdf

www.kisorganics.com has similar options by the lb on organic amendments and biochar if you don't need 50 lb bags (though they do have the capacity to ship pallets as well).

You can find some options from Wilbur Ellis or even your local farm and feed store. At least that has been my experience. The one product I've had a bit of trouble finding at a good price is organic flax seed and organic alfalfa seed. I'm making the assumption too that all soy, wheat, and corn are gmo-contaminated through cross-pollination at this point even when a crop is planted from organic seed.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

www.concentratesnw.com has a lot of options and can ship pallets. You can view their product list here: http://concentratesnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/retail-list-130901.pdf

www.kisorganics.com has similar options by the lb on organic amendments and biochar if you don't need 50 lb bags (though they do have the capacity to ship pallets as well).

You can find some options from Wilbur Ellis or even your local farm and feed store. At least that has been my experience. The one product I've had a bit of trouble finding at a good price is organic flax seed and organic alfalfa seed. I'm making the assumption too that all soy, wheat, and corn are gmo-contaminated through cross-pollination at this point even when a crop is planted from organic seed.

Thanks for the links!

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Here is a recent email I received,

" I did a 50 hr. brew last time and the micro life was insane. Looked liked Tokyo under the microscope.
My mixes dont do that. I'm pretty damn sure its that little food packet you add with it. What is it?"

This was a customer who is using our 10 gallon compost tea kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.