What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

sshz

I haven't had any issues with germination..........probably close to 96+% overall after sprouting maybe 200 seeds altogether. Hermies, on the other hand, can be rampant depending on the strains you grow. Some are riddled with hermies, others have been absolutely clean. Most hermies I've seen become apparent around weeks 3-4 in flowering, low on the plant off the main stem- this is where hormones tend to concentrate highest.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ethos makes fire gear. Sure there are some intersex issues with a few plants...….that's normal. Especially with the varieties he makes a lot of his gear with(Chem's , OG's, Cookies). Of course every single plant isn't gonna test off the charts regarding high potency , that's just another "comes with the territory" making seeds.

But just like every other breeder, sure he's gonna have some haters and/or guys that don't like him. That's on them. I will rock his gear just as hard as anything else I have. Why ? Because what I have run from him is killer, and what my buddies have run has been killer. If you don't like Ethos, why even click on the thread ?

I just found my entire garden has been pollinated by what I believe was the Citral Glue. Stay as far away from this plant as possible. What a waste of time. This has never happened to me before. Very irresponsible of Ethos to put this stuff up for sale. I will definitely not be running anything Ethos again.

mack 10

Veteran
If he was given clones by breeders to make S1 and then released them as well
Is super snyde.
Karma will interview at some point.

Big up dark horse and grizz

LostTribe

Premium user
Got my Colorado Chem Rbx 3 today and got 2 in tp germinating!

CO Chem Rbx3 = ((Chem 4 x Chem '91) Chem D x I-95) x GG#4

I sampled some of these nuggets and they REEK of the gas and were super potent tested highest they had at 28%. The nose on the sample was reminiscent of the Chem '91 Skva from back in the CB days! Can't wait!

LT

Happy Times

Got my Colorado Chem Rbx 3 today and got 2 in tp germinating!

CO Chem Rbx3 = ((Chem 4 x Chem '91) Chem D x I-95) x GG#4

I sampled some of these nuggets and they REEK of the gas and were super potent tested highest they had at 28%. The nose on the sample was reminiscent of the Chem '91 Skva from back in the CB days! Can't wait!

LT

That sounds like a nice mix of the Chem family- 91, D, 4 and more all in one!

Good luck with those, hope ya find a good one. Hmm, I didn’t know you like to grow anything but Cinderella- related strains!?? Just messin

LostTribe

Premium user
That sounds like a nice mix of the Chem family- 91, D, 4 and more all in one!

Good luck with those, hope ya find a good one. Hmm, I didn’t know you like to grow anything but Cinderella- related strains!?? Just messin

F'Me!!!!!

The rest of you bastages, I got mad love and respect for you all, have been blessed to run fantastic things all the while I have been chasing a ghost!!!!!

Many have suggested I move on but I seem to always start my new searches for the long forgotten cultivars of the past. Out with the old in with the new is where I think I am going to have to go.

Time for some paybacks. Have run some OG's but no chem's. Although way back we always thought we were getting Sour D and it was the Chem '91.

One thing is for certain. Life is too short for shitty pot.
LT

Would it be wise to grow the seeds from 3 Mandarin Cookie plants that were pollinated from the Hermaphrodite pollen from 2 Citral Glue plants? Should I just expect more hermies off the cross?

LostTribe

Premium user
Would it be wise to grow the seeds from 3 Mandarin Cookie plants that were pollinated from the Hermaphrodite pollen from 2 Citral Glue plants? Should I just expect more hermies off the cross?

Progeny created with the use of hermaphroditic pollen having been genetically predisposed to be more likely to produce plants with hermaphroditic tendencies.

Even with stress induced or otherwise artificially induced hermaphroditism pollen donor males you will still see some instance of hermaphroditism in progeny. Maybe only as much as 1% but depending on the circumstances possibly even much higher.

Best to use tested males. If using selfed pollen, it would be advised to test your progeny before making continued crossings.

As always, only the best male and feminized pollen donors should be used.

LT

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looks like Im going Johnny Appleseeding this spring. Seed chucking around some moist areas.

If it was me, I would grow them. Some of the best plants I have ever run came from herm bagseed. Yeah you have a higher chance of intersex plants. But that just comes with the territory imo.

LostTribe

Premium user
F'n knocked over a solo cup and murdered an Ethos Co Chem not once but twice. Replacement cracked but has yet to surface. I really must try to stop murk'ing seedlings! Happend just recently!!!! Geeez.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have 5 Inzane’s about 2 inches tall. I’ll keep you all updated.

If any look promising they will be sent for full testing. THC, CBD, Cannabnoids, Pesticides, Heavy Metals and Aflatoxins.

sshz

I’ve seen a thc report on the inzane and it wasn’t good.......somewhere in the 17% range. The grower was really pissed. I might have mentioned already there is really only one pheno worth looking out for for and it a hazey 13-14 week flowering one. There wasn’t anything else special to mention. I had much better success with the Zsweet Inzanity.........

You could tell something was going on when the strain was first released, Colin offered 100 free packs to anyone who could win a cup with it.....then a number of grows finished, and when the results were announced, the buzz died very quickly. Lol

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot more goes in to a strain than THC percentage. If it’s 17% but has tasty, a enjoyable high, a nice nose then it’s balances out.

If I find a 17-20% Sativa that’s easy to grow, has great bag appeal and fantastic taste it’s work the 125 dollars. Easy choice.