What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

Americangrower

Veteran
Ethos is the new guy on the block, and not very established outside of Denver. He's finally grown his distributer list and getting larger. You also have to remember Ethos Collective is a group of growers, not just Colin. I think it's like GreenHouse Seeds. Arjan is the promoter, not the grower. Colin is the promoter, not the grower.

I know my grows on 5-6 of his things are the first listed on Facebook....... people are slow to come around and take chances, especially when many people complain about his hermies.

I think it has more to do with the Col court documents of him beating his girl, but I could be wrong. Could just be the bs lab results and hermies.

gmanwho

Veteran
zsweet

zsweet

SSHZ , i had not realized it was a group of breeders. Figured it was just him at the helm an not a collective. but maybe im wrong.

whomever within ethos is part of the Zsweet insanity (Durban poison x rainmaker)x GG4, i am enjoying the plant.

She smells of this sweet deep haze. floral and sweet but this intense haze sandlewood smell...... sweet deep/heavy musky funk. at day 60 in these photos, chopping soon when i see her yellow up a little more. pistols are still popping enough after these photos,an she needs to loose some more green. No banana/herming on these 3 different cuts

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

decided to give ethos a try and ordered up a few packs of one of their latest releases. the OGDlux bx3. Hoping to find some quality. buddy of mine got the cookie box a while back and it seemed like it had some pretty good options. they give you 2 lines of 2 different strains and then one other one. so you are only getting a total of 3 strains I believe. never know until you try them tho. crescendo and the mandarin cookies seem really interesting... I personally chose the OGDlux because the lineage was 'disclosed' and I did not disagree with any of the parents I saw. hopefully its good. ill throw some pics of em up later down the line. if I can find a nice potent OG representation and maybe a nice male from these, ill be pretty happy!

picture.php

OGKB x Triangle Kush x Triangle Kush x Josh D OG
This OG Kush back-cross has been a pet project for many years along with several other OGs made for the purpose of finding heady OG-leaning varieties. Quality was the priority over commercial viability. The goal with the OGKB was obvious right away. Bring the qualities of the OGKB into a more vigorous plant. The OG-leaners were amazing but there was a TON of height variation so we kept hitting her with the taller ladies. The result is mostly taller, classic OG stretch, but still maintaining lots of flavor and trichome density from the OGKB. The #JoshDOG from @karmagenetics was the last piece in this OG dance.
There's still a short OGKB pheno but she's taller and much more vigorous than the OGKB clone.
Regular seed line.
• Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
• Yield: Medium
• Thc: 25%+
• Terpenes: Heavy gasoline with a light cherry funk.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
decided to give ethos a try and ordered up a few packs of one of their latest releases. the OGDlux bx3. Hoping to find some quality. buddy of mine got the cookie box a while back and it seemed like it had some pretty good options. they give you 2 lines of 2 different strains and then one other one. so you are only getting a total of 3 strains I believe. never know until you try them tho. crescendo and the mandarin cookies seem really interesting... I personally chose the OGDlux because the lineage was 'disclosed' and I did not disagree with any of the parents I saw. hopefully its good. ill throw some pics of em up later down the line. if I can find a nice potent OG representation and maybe a nice male from these, ill be pretty happy!

View Image

OGKB x Triangle Kush x Triangle Kush x Josh D OG
This OG Kush back-cross has been a pet project for many years along with several other OGs made for the purpose of finding heady OG-leaning varieties. Quality was the priority over commercial viability. The goal with the OGKB was obvious right away. Bring the qualities of the OGKB into a more vigorous plant. The OG-leaners were amazing but there was a TON of height variation so we kept hitting her with the taller ladies. The result is mostly taller, classic OG stretch, but still maintaining lots of flavor and trichome density from the OGKB. The #JoshDOG from @karmagenetics was the last piece in this OG dance.
There's still a short OGKB pheno but she's taller and much more vigorous than the OGKB clone.
Regular seed line.
• Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
• Yield: Medium
• Thc: 25%+
• Terpenes: Heavy gasoline with a light cherry funk.

Thats's one of his offerings I wanna try , like real bad. Plant shots on Insta look awesome. His Crecendo is real nice too. I had two different pheno's passed to me. A fruity large bud pheno and then a lower yieding more ChemD/I95 dom pheno.

word up dtog! that crescendo has me mad intrigued. im all about collecting seed line OG's and ethos was a neat find for me and definitely new to my neck of the woods. in terms of offerings I was pretty stoked that they had a lot of OG and chem based Work. if my buddy didn't score that cookie box I most likely would have pulled the trigger on the crescendo or like the chem og or Colorado chem. i do prefer regular seeds myself but those were fuckin tempting.. i was pretty excited to see that they had the peach crescendo in regs so i almost pulled the trigger.....but then last minute these popped in so i had to do it. i hope your able to find some too. definitely need more ethos grows out there and you would forsure do justice.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
SSHZ , i had not realized it was a group of breeders. Figured it was just him at the helm an not a collective. but maybe im wrong.

whomever within ethos is part of the Zsweet insanity (Durban poison x rainmaker)x GG4, i am enjoying the plant.

She smells of this sweet deep haze. floral and sweet but this intense haze sandlewood smell...... sweet deep/heavy musky funk. at day 60 in these photos, chopping soon when i see her yellow up a little more. pistols are still popping enough after these photos,an she needs to loose some more green. No banana/herming on these 3 different cuts

View Image

View Image

View Image

That looks wicked like a Glue S1 I ran for a few runs. Killer man !! By your description it sounds like the Durban dominates the smell profile, yes ?

The Citral Glue and Mandarin Cookies R1V2 are both complete fire at week 7.25 of flower. Stinky, pungent, skunky chemical resin producers. Started 3 of each and had to cull one Citral because it was showing all male parts in week 2.5. A bit disappointing but what are you gonna do. I will say, the email I received after enlightening Ethos as to the hermaphrodite CG (complete male) was deflective of all breeder error and completely pushed on to my lack of gardening skills, I laughed it off. So in essence pretty great cultivars with the exception of the Hermie. Sorta like, Besides that Mrs. Lincoln what did you think of the play. Just my $.02 on the issue.

Last edited:

D3pthCharg3

On the final stretch with 3 freebie RKS s1s from Ethos. According to someone over there, it is a feminized cit from Florida with little info aside from that, and that it's skunky. 2 of three are very tall and classic in skunk growth and stature, flowers as well...these two smell of glazed doughnuts and the other is a dead ringer for sweet dog shit. Their sister is a stocky Afghani style plant, with much more leaf, one/third the height. This one is a bit more resinous although all are pretty frosty. The shorty smells like a tire fire. Soooo, no skunk yet, but not to say they're not nice plants, or yet to be skunky...

LostTribe

Premium user
I did 24 Zsweet Inzanity plants when they first came out..........I believe I did the first full grow, start to finish, anywhere and it was the best strain I have done by Ethos. I did find a few seeds here and there, but a great strain overall. I got over 2 lbs. per light, loved the smoke and still smoke it regularly- everyone else loved it too.

https://www.rollitup.org/t/ethos-collective-zsweet-inzanity.962000/

Didn't you run the Ethos Chem OG? How did the smoke turn out? Its CO Chem Rbx3 x OG Kush Rbx3.

I just grabbed the CO Chem Rbx3. I sampled some out in CO and it was superb tested the highest of my favorite dispensaries in house offerings.

I also tried the Pillow Factory, which I didn't like. Also the Cali Dragon F2, loved it. I am pretty sure there was at least one more I am forgetting.

Can't wait gonna pop'N Drop as soon as they land. They had that classic nosey gas rank smell that you just can't get enough of. I just kept popping open the canntainer for a whiff!

LT

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Very true. The packaging does have some marketing description but I haven't seen anything more in depth from them.

View Image View Image View Image

I'm a lightweight and haven't found it to be too potent or "face crushing." Though most phenos are vigorous and tall with potentially very high yields.

I see he has toned it down quite a bit from his original claims of everything testing over 30%. Wonder if he has honored his "personal guarantee" of sweeping best sativa cups for the next 5 years?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.54.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.54.42 PM.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 38

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
This description would grab a newbie by his wrinkle bag and twist em counter clockwise until cash falls out his ass...Any breeder or pollen chucker that puts that much icing on his genes is fos! It's actually laughable. Hopefully this strain backs up all his claims, which I'm sure they won't.

OP

LostTribe

Premium user
This description would grab a newbie by his wrinkle bag and twist em counter clockwise until cash falls out his ass...Any breeder or pollen chucker that to puts that much icing on his genes is fos! It's actually laughable. Hopefully this strain backs up all his claims, which I'm sure they won't.

OP

That was actually laughable.

I agree that putting 30% on any advertising is obviously not proper IMHO. However, I am not one to look at %'s when selecting new experimental varietals to run, though I am sure many a newb has surely crapped out the cash expecting some magic show to ensue.

The CO Chem I grabbed was tested at 28% while the Pillow factory was in the lower 20's and the Purple Kush which I believe was actually Ethos Cali Dragon f2 was mid 20's. I am excited to check this CO Chem out either way.

LT

sshz

Didn't you run the Ethos Chem OG? How did the smoke turn out? Its CO Chem Rbx3 x OG Kush Rbx3.

I just grabbed the CO Chem Rbx3. I sampled some out in CO and it was superb tested the highest of my favorite dispensaries in house offerings.

I also tried the Pillow Factory, which I didn't like. Also the Cali Dragon F2, loved it. I am pretty sure there was at least one more I am forgetting.

Can't wait gonna pop'N Drop as soon as they land. They had that classic nosey gas rank smell that you just can't get enough of. I just kept popping open the canntainer for a whiff!

LT

Yup, finished it a few weeks ago. Here's a link to the grow and a few finished pic's.

https://www.rollitup.org/t/ethos-collective-chem-og.977589/page-6#post-14729678

It's very sativa like, yet spacey with no limit to the high- the more you smoke, you just keep getting higher and higher. Chemical, fuel biting smell, taste comes thru wonderfully too. It's better as an afternoon buzz, where it can pack a punch. Definitely not as interesting as a late night smoke. It definitely did not hit the 30% THC level- I'd guess closer to low to mid 20's somewhere. People love it though, me- not as much although it's fine. Zsweet Inzanity was better overall, this had better bag appeal and smell/taste.

The Citral Glue and Mandarin Cookies R1V2 are both complete fire at week 6 of flower. Stinky, pungent, skunky chemical resin producers. Started 3 of each and had to cull one Citral because it was showing all male parts in week 2.5. A bit disappointing but what are you gonna do. I will say, the email I received after enlightening Ethos as to the hermaphrodite CG (complete male) was deflective of all breeder error and completely pushed on to my lack of gardening skills, I laughed it off. So in essence pretty great cultivars with the exception of the Hermie. Sorta like, Besides that Mrs. Lincoln what did you think of the play. Just my $.02 on the issue.

Hell, the problem I'm having from the Citral-Flo is just pure germination problems period. And yeah grower error when you can take a bag seed and put right next to it and it will germ fine but not the Citral-Flo.

Another problem when I go to their website to ask a question the site says I've not enter a correct e-mail address. One I've had for 20 years.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I'm surprised to hear of germination problems, I'm sure he chucked these in a tent last month lol

What is the Hermie word, how many are finding good plants without intersex issues?

Latest posts

Latest posts