What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

5Decades

they remind me of some old 90's strains.... but I tried to grow the Purple Majick from a clone and what a pain........but like some older 90's strains the buzz got a lot better after curing over 6 months

medicalmj

Veteran
So I ran 6 of the feminized early lemon berry. All had lemon smell albeit to a range differing intensity. The phenos ranged from a typical medium stature hybrid to more squat w compact dense nugs.

All was well and then fricken russet/hemp mites. Noticed something off and put some leaf samples under scope and they fucked me over. Had to cull the batch. Interestingly there were strains next to these and no outbreak. So Christmas isn’t a total wash.

I kept mothers of each and have eliminated the mites. But my concern is that this strain seems very susceptible to these mites and what I salvaged wasn’t that great. So prolly won’t run this time.

That said the best strain I have and in the top 3 all time is the grease monkey. Got the last seeds at an expo about 3 years ago.

lLucky

There's one strain of theres I thought looked really nice but they dont sell it anymore, "Razz" if anyone has a pack of that hit me up

Burt

Veteran
Ethos contracts out to other growers imo which is fine and all but he’s a waking contradiction too which rubs me the wrong way. For example he has a whole educational series on his website yet attempts to deter people from breeding themselves claiming feminizing is too difficult etc... he wants an army of custies to buy his offerings and go no further down the rabbit hole
Our families are only a few generations removed from farming. Some of us not even 1 generation removed and what I want to see more than anything else really is for us as humans is to reclaim that heritage, breed our own seed again and hopefully, leave the world a little better off for it. Money is a secondary illusion at best and that only becomes clearer as I get older
I’m still as horny as ever about cannabis and other carnal delights however

Dr.NO

Maine Medical Inzane

Maine Medical Inzane

A friend of mine purchased some Inzane in the Membrane from a Maine medical supplier. I haven't gotten the verdict yet but I will let you know how it is.

picture.php

BillFarthing

Veteran
Colin is a smart dude, but he would probably freak out if he saw someone crossing and selling genetics from his collective.

medicalmj

Veteran
Colin is a smart dude, but he would probably freak out if he saw someone crossing and selling genetics from his collective.

Hahaha. I crossed his Grease Monkey with a GG4 cut. And I passed one of the best cuts to a lady that only sells clones LOL. And yeah she sells that cut. That should piss em off.

JohnnyChicago

I have some Mandarin Sunset that has been vacuum sealed for 10 month.
It smells like madarin popping powder now.
Instantly reminded my childhood when I reeked it...

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Money is a secondary illusion at best and that only becomes clearer as I get older
I’m still as horny as ever about cannabis and other carnal delights however[/QUOTE]

Right on man!!!!

OP

5Decades

i just ran the planet of the grapes..... looks just like a skunk plant i grew in the early 90's
but smells kinda like Grape Crush soda pop.....smelled stronger the is month of flower, but still smells really really good

sshz

Genetics from that is straight from the Member Berry......great smell, nice yield, great bag appeal and NO HIGH. Have you smoked yours yet?

5Decades

Genetics from that is straight from the Member Berry......great smell, nice yield, great bag appeal and NO HIGH. Have you smoked yours yet?

no i haven't!! shit!! why the hell would they sell it????
is it a hemp strain? the genetics chemdawg and i-95 made it sound good

5Decades

i did grow a clone of Purple Majick from ethos, it reminded be a lot of strain i had in the 90's (that may have been NL5xPurple Haze).. the plant was horrible to grow and the buzz was very mild, until it cured for 8-9 months then it got a lot better, same thing with that 90's strain (even though the 90's one was WAY stronger and smellier and tastier)

i wonder (ugh) if planet of the grapes might be like that...
or how did ya grow it?
remember the Phototron? it was this thing they sold to grow "roses"
i knew someone that got one and the buds looked crazy good from it but no buzz

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Found dieselly leaning chemmy form plants in the planet of the grape and a few grapey creamy plants that were the sativa leaning ones, different phenos each plant different, some longer flowering, one a commercial plant as far as looks and form and ease and resistance but lacking once smoked, there was one absolute gem found though that had the sweet and sour grapey candy creaminess of her sisters but in a huge budded purple and orange small calyxed, tightly budded and stupidly resined girl that is done in 8 weeks nd almost no bud leaf to speak off except a sativa single blade or two sticking out.. She had all the nice flavours of her sisters and the grape and volume in general just dialed up 5x.

Most of the rest of the strains mates ran, were meh..nothing special but good looking and good yeilding, some herms, one or two standouts, cresendo, mandarin cookies and zweet insanity some special plants found.

5Decades

just cut my PGR and will post about it in a week or 2...it looks amazing i hope it has a buzz :) ...... how do you put pics up on here??

mikeross

Did you grow the Member Berry from a clone or did you drop a pack of seeds?

I've heard similar reports to your but also heard theres a pheno or two that tick all the boxes, plus a really strong high.

sshz

Berry was from a couple packs of seeds.......click on the pic. It looked/smelled/tasted incredible but it didn't get me high. Everyone complained too. I grew 24 plants, you can find the grow on RIU.