What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

gmanwho

Veteran
Inzane in the Membrane is the strain that Ethos promised would win a Cup, and offered 100 packs of Ethos seeds to anyone who was able to accomplish it. Then after a bunch of grows were published, most of them not very favorable- interest was lost by many. What I heard from people I know who grew it, there is 1 pheno that is remarkable, the longest flowering of them all and appeared very hazy. The rest of the pheno's were not worth growing and were disappointing. I saw 3 THC tests on the strain, one came out around 13% THC, another around 16% and I think the best hit around 25-26%. Also, this is a not D.P. X Glue, it's a 4 way combo strain per Ethos on Instagram, although it does have D.P. and G.G. #4 in it. I grew their Zsweet Inzanity, which is very similar to the strain above- and everyone who tried both liked the Z.I. more.

you'd be correct, i got confused with another pack, searched my spent seed packaging pile an found it was infact zsweet an not insane..

edited my post to reflect...

JohnnyChicago

People would rather not have their personal details shared myself included.

Seems to get very common nowadays on forums.

I was sent a wrong order last year from a seedbank and got 2 packs of Ethos gear. Not a fan of this kind of breeders nor of the kind of crosses.
But decided to give a try to one Mandarin Sunset seed and the plant looked exactly like the picture on the packaging and smell/taste matches extactly the description.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Seems to get very common nowadays on forums.

I was sent a wrong order last year from a seedbank and got 2 packs of Ethos gear. Not a fan of this kind of breeders nor of the kind of crosses.
But decided to give a try to one Mandarin Sunset seed and the plant looked exactly like the picture on the packaging and smell/taste matches extactly the description.

i will share end of next month some pice from Crescendo of Ethos Genetics , Mandarine Cookies in it ...

sshz

Here is the Ethos limited edition "Cookies" strain which is Mandarin Cookies #17 X Colin's OG..........day 26 in flowering.

mexweed

Veteran
the quattro kush I've seen at dispensaries is fire, 35% and it has staying power like I keep seeing it, whereas strains like loompa's and josh d come and go

it definitely has flavor and potency, it must yield better and be more resilient to pests than some of the other varieties, last tahoe I saw was a sulfur bomb

sshz

I've heard the Quattro Kush was difficult to grow.......but it's basically a sour kush. Other than that, I don't know much about it. I haven't grown it only because it's not a heavy yielder.

Some of the Dispensary Strains in FL are from Ethos Genetics.

Mandarin Dreams is a good Indica leaning, Orange tasting bud with great “bag” appeal. I’ve also tried a few of their other Strains that were also good.

This is only from the perspective of smoking, not growing so you might not get the same keepers...

Cream47

Underground Grower
I grew an Hulk Angry aka Bruce Banner (Strawberry Diesel X Og Kush) great strain, lot's of resin, the taste is definitely diesel and the stone is great mental and physical a good balance.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

George

People think that tearing someone down is going to drive their business to someone like Dark Horse genetics? There are seriously a bunch of fragile misguided fanbois in this industry.

As a whole, I like Ethos' work. I doubt Colin is the same dude he was 10 years ago.
It’s not trying to drive business to dark horse. It’s called airing a piece of shit out.

sshz

Hermies, yes- vigor, no issues. His Chem OG and Zsweet Inzanity were great, most of the others were disappointing. Cookies will be the last strain of his I do, and I’ve done at least 7 or 8 of them.

If you are running OG, Blueberry or Cookie genetics then there is a chance to get Hermies because it’s a trait of the Parents.

Another strain that I’ve smoked (not grown) of theirs is Member Berry.

It reminds me of the old school Blueberry in taste and high - although I’ll say that I recall the original Blueberry to be better in every way except for maybe yield, and if you are growing it would depend on what Phenotypes you get too.

Hi All,

I will chime in and blow the dust off of this account. Great to be back and am amazed my account is still kicking! I am cringing looking at my old grow pics!

I have grown Ethos grape diamonds and mandarin cookies R2 and had no issues with either. Grape diamonds was slightly longer on veg but really got through flowering quick, may have gone too long with her but there were a ton of terpenes on this plant. Potency was not there which is why I think I over flowered. I have pics on instagram under my growergroot account.

My last run was mandarin cookies R2 and had two dif phenos, both really nice. One really stood out which i wished i kept. Hoping to find another similar in the rest of the seeds.

With my results I ordered a bunch of his stuff and I encourage all of you to heed advice on forums/the internet but to also do you own primary research by growing your own plants regardless of what everyone else says. Sometimes growers make mistakes that ruin potential unicorns. Sometimes breeders make shit crosses that don't work out. Both are unfortunate situations.

Ethos had some epic deals on value packs and I scooped the lemon multi pack and the indica multipack. Excited to see whats in store and honestly, breeder aside, I would expect to see some hermies, lackluster plants and unicorns along the way. Everything will not be nice but it seems there are a lot of people complaining. Clones are good ways to get access to other peoples unicorns, but again... you expose yourself to different risks... pests, and a known phenotype that worked for someone else and maybe not you.

What scratches my itch, may not scratch your own so what didn't work for them may be exactly what you are looking for. Are you going to sacrifice that chance based off some Internet opinions?

Me? I'd rather take my time and do the journey myself.

sshz

I hear you and not bad advice, but as you do your research, if there are numerous complaints about a strain- you should probably heed the advice and stay away. If you google SSHZ (that's me) and Ethos, you'll find many of my grows. At this point after maybe 10 strains of theirs done- only 2 were really worth a grow- Zsweet Inzanity and Chem OG. Their straight "Cookies" was ok, their Apex and Member Berry looked great but had no buzz. Most of their others, like any of their "Glue" hybrids, thru off a lot of hermie action so I'd recommend staying away. I like Ethos because they breed for yield, but I could recommend numerous other breeders whose stuff is way better in the "HIGH" dept.

I agree for sure, working within my legal limits, it is pretty detrimental to have a hermie bang up your crop.

Can only imagine scaling that problem up to a full room.

Seems no matter the direction you go (clones, recommended genetics, decisions based off your own research) they will have their own unique and shared risks.