What's new

ETHER hash....?

JBIG420

today a medical dispensary owner told me they are expecting a ETHER extraction hash. Sounds unhealthy... anyone have more info about anything like this? What about pictures or description of what it was like... what I saw looked like earwax and then another looked like a orange/brown sand like stuff. The one comming is supposed to be like a amber color glass bottle but when heated it becomes moldable and rollable but never comes off on your fingers... i have seen hash like this but was told it was a certain kind of butane hash (from SCPC in Santa Cruz)

MORE INFO PLEASE!

DiscoDuck

ether is the most refined form of petro. it evaporates very clean. iso hash is made with iso alcohol (rubbing alcohol ~91%). I haven't seen any tests for proof but I'd imagine ether is as clean. maybe even cleaner. what the ether does is dissolve the plant resin without dissolving the plant material. it's actually some of the easiest hash to make, I just don't have the details at the moment. ether is simply poured into a container with sugar shake, buds, etc and gently mixed around. the concoction is poured through a strainer to remove the plant matter. you can virtually use window screen because you're only filtering plant matter, not the trichs. the resin from the trichs dissolves into the liquid ether. at this point all you do is pour off the resinated ether onto a tray or large plate. the ether evaporates very fast, just blowing on the pool will make a noticeable difference. use a plastic card or knife blade to scrap up the "goo" and this is your hash.

back in the day, ether was used for another extracurricular drug - cocaine. I remember most users considered ether base the best quality going around but this was opposed to fuel oil, diesel fuel, kerosene, or gasoline.

give it a try, I don't think you have a thing to worry about concerning unwanted left overs in your smoke.

Duck

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i use ether to start my truck on very cold mornings no thx ether hashish isnt for me. i'll stick to shaking the manicure trim over a 120 hole per sqin screen and smoking pure trichromes.

ninjas quick wash iso that stuff with out a proper cure you'll taste the alchol in it when smoked why i switched to the screen.

I

igrohydro

Interesting,a medical despensary with ether hash.
Look forward to updates on this one. :joint:

it's used more then you think. a lot of earwax is ether. it's easier to make earwax with ether becaue you need to fully purge anyway or you can taste it. it's a lazy persons dream. they leave pans on back heating pads. a day or two later you have earwax. if you can get it over the counter, it's much cheaper than butane or 99%iso.

not the ether pro, but

not the ether pro, but

i don't have first hand experience with moldable ether hash. i can only figure that the person who's makng it knows the trick to make it moldable, like jolly rancher.

it's an organic additive we hashmakers add. not sure if i've said it before, not saying again. kinda a secret and been yelled at reciently for posting it. i know the person who tought me is on here watchin.

I

igrohydro

I know its used alot but,has anyone bought it from a medical despensary?

Woody Creek said:
it's an organic additive we hashmakers add. not sure if i've said it before, not saying again. kinda a secret and been yelled at reciently for posting it. i know the person who tought me is on here watchin.

I'm so glad you're admitting to ADULTERATING the "medicine" which you are so proud of and claim is the purest $#!% in town.

Why are you even on these forums? (Aside from trying to promote and sell your product.)

JBIG420

so has anyone ever actually USED it? or has anyone actually ever HAD any for sure?

i would think ether was expensive, how would one go about getting it for making hash

AmishFarmer

I have a book, Cannabis Alchemy, by D Gold.In it he talks about using ether in a process called isomerization.It is a process for purifiing alcohol extractions.It is pretty complicated so I won't go into but the last paragraph in this chapter says "The oil now contains a much higher percentage of THC(determined by the amout of cannabidiol originally present).The THC is of the high-rotating isomeric form, and all toxins have been removed from the oil. " If you want more info I could try scanning it,or try and find the book,it has a lot of great info about hash making.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
JBIG420 said:
today a medical dispensary owner told me they are expecting a ETHER extraction hash. Sounds unhealthy... anyone have more info about anything like this? What about pictures or description of what it was like... what I saw looked like earwax and then another looked like a orange/brown sand like stuff. The one comming is supposed to be like a amber color glass bottle but when heated it becomes moldable and rollable but never comes off on your fingers... i have seen hash like this but was told it was a certain kind of butane hash (from SCPC in Santa Cruz)

MORE INFO PLEASE!
dont buy it. or smoke it.
only because there is no way you will be able to tell if the product was properly purged of all solvent,
even tho pet. ether will evap THROUGH anything, it is still the ugliest shit around,
and can seriously damage your body if the concentrate wasnt made by a 'professional',
and even then you are risking your bodily health for no reason. just buy bubble or kief.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
AmishFarmer said:
I have a book, Cannabis Alchemy, by D Gold.In it he talks about using ether in a process called isomerization.It is a process for purifiing alcohol extractions.It is pretty complicated so I won't go into but the last paragraph in this chapter says "The oil now contains a much higher percentage of THC(determined by the amout of cannabidiol originally present).The THC is of the high-rotating isomeric form, and all toxins have been removed from the oil. " If you want more info I could try scanning it,or try and find the book,it has a lot of great info about hash making.
as i understand it, one can achieve isomerization without the use of any ether.

DiscoDuck said:
iso hash is made with iso alcohol (rubbing alcohol ~91%)

^^
Only if you want contaminated concentrate. Rubbing alcohol is full of dyes, perfumes and denaturants. The only usuable solutions Isopropyl or Isopropanol.

Please don't give false informations when speaking upon solution concentrates, as they are extremly dangerous if not handled or used correctly.

JBIG420

yes this is a very serious question and if you are just spouting off please don't talk about things you don't understand or have any real facts to share with the rest of us

any more info on how the Jolle Rancher is made or info about this ether hash please share it.

the info from that book was very good, although the other person basically voiced my fears with this type of extraction, still that info wasn't from any scientific study or book etc so I am still open

MORE INFO PLEASE and TTT for someone who has USED ETHER TO MAKE HASH

I

igrohydro

You are the one posted the thread,can you not clarify things?
Ask your friend again,does he not own the dispensary?

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I haven´t tried ether.

But my son i law tried ether.
Ended up 2 months in hospital. His head and hands were burned.
He had to wear gloves for a year.

Be careful

Paddi

Dkgrower

Veteran
Ohhh noooo - this sounds like fake hash, this has nothing to do with hashish and not a way to supply a medical users,

Please do not smoke it -

Pure Babylon hash !

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Iso and ether are both carcinogens, should all be out before you smoke. Is there a 100% safe solvent (aside from flammability)??

Deft said:
Iso and ether are both carcinogens, should all be out before you smoke. Is there a 100% safe solvent (aside from flammability)??

I don't think anything made from a chemical solvent should be sold as an all-natural, alternative medical product. Bubblehash and dry-sieve are the only products which should be sold, in my opinion.

Unfortunetly, many of the people dispensing meds in California don't have enough knowledge about hash to properly keep the bubblehash/kief properly dried and cured. Therefore, dry hash has a bad rep for being moldy with no real smell.

Most dispensaries also don't even know how oils are made, much less do they understand the consequences on your health.

This product is popular because it's being sold by the lazy, made by the lazy, and consumed by the lazy.