What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Essential Cannabis oils

I wood

That seems overpriced and gimmicky at best, basically a coffe maker for oil based extraction.
Could be a fabulous thing but my gut says not worth the time and effort.
A stainless steel pan, funnel and filter media of choice make more sense to me. More control over process/timing and takes up less valuable kitchen storage space.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Soxhlet extractor, is the one I'm surprised we don't see more often.

dank.Frank

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Has anyone tried an essential oil extractor on bud?

Something like this
https://www.amazon.ca/NutriChef-Dig...ocphy=1002352&hvtargid=pla-350485361753&psc=1
I got the Levo https://www.amazon.ca/Butter-Infuse...keywords=levo&qid=1565462148&s=kitchen&sr=1-2 and it works like a charm. I use it to flavour my "cooking" olive oils. I also make garlic butter out of it as well. Of course what is the sense of owning one and not making cannaoil and butter :biggrin:

For the nay sayers out there, I never buy something unless it has multiple uses and, that applies to everything I buy. Paid $250 CAD for mine locally.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
All you need is a coil of copper tubing, hotplate, paint cans, blowtorch, and epoxy.

Drewsif

Yep. It proves that longstanding claim: distillates are worthless. Good luck getting any industry experts to tell you what's left behind. The flavor for one. The strain and high for another.

Fuck essential oils, I vape with my mouth, not my nose. Taste buds aren't a myth.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yep. It proves that longstanding claim: distillates are worthless. Good luck getting any industry experts to tell you what's left behind. The flavor for one. The strain and high for another.

Fuck essential oils, I vape with my mouth, not my nose. Taste buds aren't a myth.

Ya well i had a shot of oil yesterday and it tasted like a skunk sprayed me in the mouth. 30 minutes later i started to rocket and it didn't stop for 4 hours. I had to sleep the rest of the trip off. Wonderful stuff.