What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Esme Coco DTW Automated 12 Plant grow

Esme

Update people,

Plants will now be put under a 600Watt HPS Light, 24Hr's of light they are are all ready up and ready to get some big light on them.

Will get you some pictures in a bit.

Esme

Sorry people I've not got any photo's up yet but........ I might change the room to a DIY Flood and drain 25L system I'm not sure yet as to what to-do got a few days to make my mind up.

With flood and drain I like it was it keeps the top dry in the Mapito (Rockwool/Pballs home made mix) and I can reuse and reuse it over and over again.

WIll get some pictures over today

Esme

Thank's guys! Really not sure if i should change the system for a Flood and drain DIY project as after this one there will be 2 rooms running and I think the amount of nute's I'm going to waste in the DTW could be exspenive ha ha ha,

What do you guy's think?

Will get some pictures up in a min

Esme

Update here

Temps have been spot on really, 27 RH/75/80, Seedling have some streach going on but no real problem at all as I will pot these up into 0.5L pots even if i choose to-do the flood and drain system. Will give them another small watering friday to make sure they don't go dry, All im doing is watiing for the tap root to show at the bottom once they show I will pot them up.

picture.php

picture.php

NOW for the DIY Flood and drain in my lock up I've got a few 21L buckets i've had for a while had a little play with them and I think the DIY flood and drain would be really easy for me to setup if I do it I will show everything how I'm making even the wireing of the timmers and that, Just not sure yet. :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Esme

Gone and bought some inkbird controllers for the heating and my DIY humidify I also never really run room's without a Temperature and Humidity recorder now the one i've got will recored the Temperature and Humidity every 10sec.

This is handy so i know what is going on in the room all the time so if i do have problems I can go back and see what's going on with the Temperature and Humidity another thing is i can re-use the data if i wanted to run this strain again I would kind of know what temp and hr it can handle etc...

picture.php

picture.php

SuperBadGrower

Hey Esme, what kind of pump do those medusa drain trays use to get rid of the water? I'm just wondering because it seems like it's designed to be on the ground and the water level would be a quite low

Esme

Hey Esme, what kind of pump do those medusa drain trays use to get rid of the water? I'm just wondering because it seems like it's designed to be on the ground and the water level would be a quite low

So they will have 13mm tee elbows coming off each tray down to a bucket with this pump in

ae235

Think im going to stick with the first plan of using this system one because I think the flood and drain would take to long to dial in and recycling nutes can be a pain if i'm not there, Set the tank with feed and ph down to 5.7 let that roll check on the PH every 3 days

Esme

It has a float switch in it once there is enough water in the bucket it will start pumping, I will be testing this system friday as i've just received the M25 nut's that I will use with the 13mm fittings, I will get some good pictures up of all the fittings and that so you can take a look at how it all works mate

SuperBadGrower

Thanks very much man, those trays are really interesting and I have been quite curious about their workings. I would be really interested to know at what kind of water level such a pump activates. These condensate pumps are not cheap but I think they could make life a lot easier. I have grow DTW coco for a year in similar conditions and managing the water has been a complete woe.

Esme

Thanks very much man, those trays are really interesting and I have been quite curious about their workings. I would be really interested to know at what kind of water level such a pump activates. These condensate pumps are not cheap but I think they could make life a lot easier. I have grow DTW coco for a year in similar conditions and managing the water has been a complete woe.

I never really looked mate I will get you a answer once it's setup.

This way i don't deal with the run off at all saves me loads of times and i've had root rot and a few other problems because i left someone to remove the waste and they got board and didn't bother this way i can set it and leave it and sort the environment and training the plants.

SuperBadGrower

I never really looked mate I will get you a answer once it's setup.

This way i don't deal with the run off at all saves me loads of times and i've had root rot and a few other problems because i left someone to remove the waste and they got board and didn't bother this way i can set it and leave it and sort the environment and training the plants.

Cheers, no hurry at all, I'm thankful for any and all info. Gotta love caretakers initiative :biggrin: my buddy was wiping water off the windows every morning until week 6 as if it was part and parcel... turns out you shouldn't turn off the dehu when you go to bed :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts