What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

epsoma bio tone and other products

im looking into the mycorizal fungi or however is spelled. some epsoma products have theese plus some other goodies like guanos,kelp,,etc.

please share your knowledge of them if u got it.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
many places for mycos

ranging from AN to GH to botanicare, to plant success, to fungi.com ... ....

they range in all price and all sizes and spores / spore count . there are so many and the "scientific info" I feel is lacking on all the range of products. I do believe most are freeze dried. All I can say is to re-use your soil, and in the mean time I would add them every week to make sure they take hold

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
i use lots of epsoma products and cannabis loves them. I use the organic ferts, their fast acting lime and the starter mix with mycorizal stuff. Just great products and you dont have to pay the chump prices charged for the uppity cannabis nutes.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I wouldnt use Epsoma mix just for the mycorhizae fungi. If you after just straight Myco theres better sources of it. I really like the epsoma bio tone starter plus because its a high quality mix and actually smells good. Theres some bacillus species i like in the mix also such as Bacillus thuringiensis. Granted the micro life of bio tone is very good, my favorite thing to do with it is to make tea's using this as food. My soil is based around Bio tone plus, rainbow mix and sea kelp.

I pretty much agree with habeeb concerning this. Its going to take a while to set up a good colony of myco anyways. You should reuse your soil and try not to disturb it as much as possible.

I love biotone i used it in a obbt and had and add fungus strains on top in a week(the air injection really helped speed things up i think)

S

staff11

How much do you generally mix per gallon of soil with this? I notice on the data sheet it says about one cup for a gallon pot, and then 2 cups for 5 gallons.... So what would that be for 3 gallon pots? 1 1/2 cups or so?

Also does anyone use this with LC's mix and would the extra Ca and Mg in the bio tone cause problems with the lime in LC's mix?

Edit: That looks like the amounts for trees or shrubs......

mad librettist

Veteran
check out my latest harvest in my sig. The larger plant (larger container mind you) was grown in something close to LC mix with biotone and not much else. I followed the directions for potting soil.

I also added gypsum, but probably would not do so in the future.

S

staff11

Looks good, nice job on the grow. I'm gonna try some of this out this grow, I just sprouted some old skunk beans that I had laying around.

Any advice on mixing this stuff in my soil mix right now to let it cook for a bit while my babies grow up?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Epsoma products = great shit that pot plants love :)

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I always add a little Bio-Tone to my mix....

Probably over-kill, but the results don't lie.

:dance013:

dune

i recently started my entire grow over when i found these products. Now everything is running smoothly. and i haven't have issues with the lime. In both Lc mix 1 & 2. But my plants don't lie they love this stuff even though i totally used 2 cups of bio starter on 2 gallons of soil on a few:wallbash: .

foescan

Pick up MycoGrow Soluble from Fungi Perfecti. Within days you should see fungal activity on the surface of your soil. I add it to my soil mix from the start, and it makes its way into teas several times per grow for a thorough drenching.

Bio-Tone Plus (the bagged fertilizer) is IMO the best off the shelf mix for organic gardens, but I didn't see the same level of activity visually with their Bio-Tone Starter liquid vs MycoGrow, indoors or out.

Last edited:

mad librettist

Veteran
Looks good, nice job on the grow. I'm gonna try some of this out this grow, I just sprouted some old skunk beans that I had laying around.

Any advice on mixing this stuff in my soil mix right now to let it cook for a bit while my babies grow up?

I always let it sit about 2 months, so I don't know about not letting it sit.

but letting it sit did work fine for me.

S

staff11

Yeah I just mixed up about a cubic foot or so of soil mix with the biotone plus. Plan on letting it sit for a month or longer.

Got a 4 pound bag for 5.99 at lowes.

I just added 2.25 cups of the biotone plus to the cubic foot of soil like it said on the bag for potting mixes. Hopefully this will help me cut down on adding anything else while the plants grow.

Did you just use mainly water on your last grow ML?

S

staff11

I just took a peak inside my soil bin and I already noticed the white fuzzy looking mold in a few places, is that normal in such a short period of time?

Wooderson

I'm adding to my mix:

2 Tbs Dolomite Lime
2 Tbs Bone Meal
1 Tbs Blood Meal
1 Tbs Kelp Meal
1 Tbs Alfalfa Meal
1 Tbs Green Sand
1 Tbs Glacial Rock Dust
per Gallon of Mix

I have some Bio-Tone Starter Plus; How much should I add per Gal of Mix? I know what the package says, but with the other Amendments I have Listed That i'm adding I don't want any sort of overkill............It that makes any sense?

Also I Have some Epoma Rock Phosphate; It feels like little pebbles not a powder is this ok? to add to a Mix or not?

I have been using Espoma brand products for years. I like the prices and quality of their products. I have used their Greensand, Epsom Plus, Rock Phosphate, Gypsum, and others. I also like the "Down to Earth" brand products as well.