What's new

Envirolux's newest Pro Rail grow light

Well things are looking better than I though they would, and the growth rates have been fairly impressive giving the short amount of time for 195 watts

I see.. I am learning lots about LED's growth, potential and technology. I am interested as well in the low profile BML's as well. A guy could use this as side lighting hung vertically on a light rail, held tightly against the wall, adjusting the bars on the actual fixture accordingly up and down, based on plant height. You could even TILT it just slightly on the top so that it is moving back and forth on the sidewall angled slightly down as well. This would also be applicable with the Pro-rail too

Damn , I love these newer, lower profile, fixtures!!!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep! PLUS- no fans!

Because you can buy individual rails, you can use them as supplements, which is what I will be doing in my led tent.
I also filled out the DIY Spectrum Chart for a Spyder to replace my hot5

Not sure this is an actual url
http://www.bmlcustom.com/custom-report-details/?partNo=PS3690S101GHTHFGCACGFHTHG

I see.. I am learning lots about LED's growth, potential and technology. I am interested as well in the low profile BML's as well. A guy could use this as side lighting hung vertically on a light rail, held tightly against the wall, adjusting the bars on the actual fixture accordingly up and down, based on plant height. You could even TILT it just slightly on the top so that it is moving back and forth on the sidewall angled slightly down as well. This would also be applicable with the Pro-rail too

Damn , I love these newer, lower profile, fixtures!!!

Last edited:
Ok, by seeing your custom spectrums laid out there, I am beginning to better understand what you mean about 20% blue in veg max and ~ 10 % in flower. I see how your using lots of white in general as a full spectrum accompanied by lots of additional warm white with a dash of red for the complete specific needs of MJ

Am I understanding you about what I need to do for my future LED custom spectrums?

Overall this is close to what I was going to build, except I was going to pull out 2 ww and add another two reds, evenly distributed of course, like yours PetFlora

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mine is a guide, a place to start. Some people believe 660 is the key, as well as 730-750 (probably the same people who buy useless bloom boosters
biggrin.gif
)

I have personally tried 660 with no measurable or visible result, and have shown that ~ 90% of PSR happens between 580-630

I liken it to adding a supercharger to an already hi-performance engine. Rarely will the extra power be used, if ever.

The beauty of the Envirolux is you can pop chips o/o

Ok, by seeing your custom spectrums laid out there, I am beginning to better understand what you mean about 20% blue in veg max and ~ 10 % in flower. I see how your using lots of white in general as a full spectrum accompanied by lots of additional warm white with a dash of red for the complete specific needs of MJ

Am I understanding you about what I need to do for my future LED custom spectrums?

Overall this is close to what I was going to build, except I was going to pull out 2 ww and add another two reds, evenly distributed of course, like yours PetFlora

Yeah I was a little bit concerned with the $$$ spent on this light initially just because I doubted it's overall intensity and we have yet to test it in bloom , BUT, I am, again, pretty much blown away with the growth results in veg even at this lower wattage. I guess the par and PPFD is doing is strong.. I must mention the temperature again. Noticeably cool, I mean COOL

Lots of warm white like you always say Pet Flora

tonyg89

Hey all. I was contacted back in February by Envirolux to sell these to retailers when they get released to market. They had told me to buy a sample unit to show to retailers. I was told I would be a reseller for them. So I ordered the light. I had emailed them after I received the light that I needed more detailed information on the lights to let the retailers know about it. About 2 weeks go by with no response from them. I was out of state and planned on meeting with a few retailers. But the information I needed came to late. I emailed them back about the situation. About a week later I finally get a response from them and now they aren't recognizing me as a reseller as we had first agreed upon and they are upping the cost for me to resell it now. I am no longer involved with them anymore as they were a waste of my time and money. I am selling my sample that I received from them if anyone is interested. These rails are going to be retailing for between 499 and 599. I am selling mine for much less if anyone wants it. It has maybe 2 hours used on it. Message me for any details or pics. thanks

Hey Tony, interesting information. Who down there was your contact? Rex? or Dave? It's a bummer to see how you were treated. How many rails do you have? pucks? color?

tonyg89

Rex originally contacted me. I was then referred to the Envirolux staff about ordering the sample and so on. I have 1 rail that came with 6 E3 pucks.

tonyg89

I paid 280 for it and was looking to get that. Just want my money back on it to be honest. I don't use it because I can't risk growing anything with my current job and career path so its just collecting dust lol. Send me a message of what ya think and we can work something out.

I finally got the 3 rail kit in the mail and assembled it. Here is the frame, and a few shots of it put up hanging. I made the chains all work with some spare stuff laying around. The entire fixture weighs around 10lbs fully assembled, draws 195 watts and measures 32" x 50" in size. Nice coverage. Each individual rail is adjustable to rotate left or right to "AIM" it whichever direction your garden is needing more light

I will also add the fact that this light did in fact fry the heck out of some very young seedlings and cuttings at the height of ~ 16" . I should have known the babies were sensitive , but that speaks volumes to me about the intensity this LED light has available. I am looking forward to the veg room test as of today it will cover 25% of the veg room ceiling

Last edited:

Egoloss

Cool stuff....havent seen these before (well somebody who actually has them) In amongst one members dribble this is an awesome thread. :)

Egoloss? Ol buddy Ol' pal?! LOL My CXA was back ordered, so I am looking very forward to starting that little project very very soon. I also picked up a 100 watt 630nm cob to add it to the CXA's eventually. maybe 3:1

Nice to see you around again
:tiphat:

Egoloss

100w 630nm COB Huh? thats a lot of power right there. Hope the spectrum is where it should be. Chinese or brand ?

I just lurk about the forums hahaha

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sammy, I'm excited to see these in action

Personally, I think you will have much better coverage using 4 x 630 @ ~ 25w

I hooked up with BML Horticulture

I will have 2 @ 3ft bars today + a 600 Spydr in a couple weeks

100w 630nm COB Huh? thats a lot of power right there. Hope the spectrum is where it should be. Chinese or brand ?

I just lurk about the forums hahaha

The 630 nm is from China, and I ordered the heatsinks separately, but the driver came with the red chip as a package. I just hooked it up last night. HOLY CRAP!!! Now this makes the pro rail look like a childs toy, IF IT LASTS. Got the CXA now too, but no heatsink for it yet. Man these LED's are brighter than I ever imagined. I am pumped

I shot a few pics and will start a new specific thread relating more directly to this project, once I get organized here.

I know this may not be perfectly engineered and hopefully it will last. I am planning on a full time fan either as a active cooling or passive with a fan helping.

These are the parts for the red 630 nm 100 watt-

Getting ready to fire it. . . .

Success!!! Damn this is so cool---- Just need 3 (2700k or 3000k) - CXA 3050's working with this red light and repeat - repeat