What's new

Envirolux's newest Pro Rail grow light

I am fairly new to the LED end of growing but am learning fast and I was checking these new "puck" systems out. Each puck is 8 watts and spectrums can be customized. They are not cheap, and nothing of quality should be, but I am hopeful they are going to be a success. I intend to visit the production facility here next week and want to see these things in person before I buy. Don't even know how available they even are yet since their website doesn't have anything regarding horticultural LED's. Here is a link to the product itself. . . The 1st link is the best example of the spectrum. Other links show the ease of the unit

I would also like to say that for me, building my own fixtures is NOT an option, as my time is spent focused on GROWING. I don't mind spending money on a quality dependable long lasting led to SUPPLEMENT my HID's.

What do the LED masters think of this new-ish technology?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ou389EJs11Q

http://youtu.be/EfBxl3y3PT8

http://youtu.be/UwLhSGsAS_c

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love all the new lights coming out, thx for bringing this to my attention!
The magnets seem a little gimmicky, and I'd like a whole lot more information.

Here's another vid that's a little better for a grower's standpoint. I like the 3 rail mock-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD-ZvD1eXRM

Endorsed by Tommy Chong, now that's a selling point! :D

Doh, you beat me to it! :)

LOL

I am going to find out more about pricing soon and will let you know what I find. I thought he said that the 3 rail system will be $500, but I am not certain yet. I am also curious if this unit is dimmable. This is important to me as my eyes are already light sensitive and LED's are not fun on the eyes at max power. Thank god for dimmable HPS nano's! The BML Spyders are dimmable, and you can customize the beam angle. Huge if your heights vary

Until this discovery, I was interested in the BML Spyder 600, but its far away from me, double the price, and 2-3 times as heavy. Having said their light bars are great for side lighting, etc.
At 10 lbs, the Envirolux is quite good for me since I will supplement my HPS's on a solar revolution and its axis will hold the LED's

Now I do like the benefits of an intense and crazy bright hood, with cooling fans, heat, and all that jazz, but for better temperature control and simple footprint advantages, I have a serious interest in some of these wider footprint, waterproof units

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well it is for sure awesome, for the fact of ease of use.

some things come to mind.. :
-BIN of led used
-in the realm of led power now a days.. 8 watts a puck is very low power, I would like to see the 15 range.. but 8 is useful as you can get it lower.
-on the website, I see nothing on them ?
-pricing per watt?

-no fans.. anything without a fan will lose heat compared to one running any fan... but it's nice as it is silent, and it would still work, but it would work more efficient to have a fan..

I'm not sold yet though as you need to start bringing some major punch when you release a LED unit.. maybe for new growers who don't want to build.. I need more info, but in ease of use - SOLID 10 already hands down. sometimes convenience wins, sometimes someone choose peak performance and a ugly ass light then ( haha I mean DIY )

well it is for sure awesome, for the fact of ease of use.

some things come to mind.. :
-BIN of led used
-in the realm of led power now a days.. 8 watts a puck is very low power, I would like to see the 15 range.. but 8 is useful as you can get it lower.
-on the website, I see nothing on them ?
-pricing per watt?

-no fans.. anything without a fan will lose heat compared to one running any fan... but it's nice as it is silent, and it would still work, but it would work more efficient to have a fan..

I'm not sold yet though as you need to start bringing some major punch when you release a LED unit.. maybe for new growers who don't want to build.. I need more info, but in ease of use - SOLID 10 already hands down. sometimes convenience wins, sometimes someone choose peak performance and a ugly ass light then ( haha I mean DIY )

Habeeb, I will gladly ask these questions and report my information. I live within driving distance from Vancouver, Wa and am going to get some info this next week.
I think that the reason the website has nothing in relationship to horticulture LED's, I'm guessing, is that this is a new venture for them. Lots of industrial lighting, etc
I do know these are spanking new to the RETAIL market from this company
PAR and/or micromole measurements would be nice

I simply like the fact you can spread out, - or cluster any spectrum, any where, anytime. With apparent ease

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^

thanks,

the flexibility and upgrade path can't be beat.. it just can't.. the easiest system I've seen to date..

another thing I was thinking, is how good the thermal management from led chip to heatsink is..

another thing is white from luxeon.. from what I understand.. the new standard is 140 lpw.. I'm not sure the luxeon is doing this, they might be but not a popular chip to be using whites in.

I also see this as someone mentioned.. supplement to an existing DIY led, or HPS.. easy easy path to add light to an existing setup..

honestly, I'm starting to think middle power cobbs with supplemental red can't be beat for a LED DIY setup... but these are nice.. they really are as building is a project in itself.. design / layout / planning / building / shipping / among other things makes this look really appealing... I just have a hard time when I've built top of the line DIY, and second I'm not well versed with the luxeon whites, as cobbs are getting major research right now..

there cool... I will be popping my head in to check updates..

is there heatsink size ranges or is there just one size right now? also can you ask how many led module you can max add to one bar.. thanks

can I ask, where is there company.. you must live close to them

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The BML Spyders are dimmable, and you can customize the beam angle.

The Spyder 600 is NOT dimmable, it's their "build your own" rails that are dimmable.

I'm really intrigued by their gear. :D

Look forward to your report on the Envirolux LED grow lights. :tiphat:

^

thanks,

the flexibility and upgrade path can't be beat.. it just can't.. the easiest system I've seen to date..

another thing I was thinking, is how good the thermal management from led chip to heatsink is..

another thing is white from luxeon.. from what I understand.. the new standard is 140 lpw.. I'm not sure the luxeon is doing this, they might be but not a popular chip to be using whites in.

I also see this as someone mentioned.. supplement to an existing DIY led, or HPS.. easy easy path to add light to an existing setup..

honestly, I'm starting to think middle power cobbs with supplemental red can't be beat for a LED DIY setup... but these are nice.. they really are as building is a project in itself.. design / layout / planning / building / shipping / among other things makes this look really appealing... I just have a hard time when I've built top of the line DIY, and second I'm not well versed with the luxeon whites, as cobbs are getting major research right now..

there cool... I will be popping my head in to check updates..

is there heatsink size ranges or is there just one size right now? also can you ask how many led module you can max add to one bar.. thanks

can I ask, where is there company.. you must live close to them

This company is located in the State of Washington, city of Vancouver, north of Portland, Oregon

The Spyder 600 is NOT dimmable, it's their "build your own" rails that are dimmable.

I'm really intrigued by their gear. :D

Look forward to your report on the Envirolux LED grow lights. :tiphat:

My bad on the Spyder. Still, I like the dimmable longer bars for side lighting.

I am going to find out more and possibly purchase the Envirolux soon.
I will gladly share all of my thoughts and experiences with it as soon as I can. :)

OK, I'm off to see these guys for a demo. I guess the final retail package is not available for a bit longer, and I also found out that the actual company selling these will be a company by a different name. I was told that I would be able to purchase one today perhaps and I will update this soon. Excited a bit

OOOOOOOKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got me a three rail setup today! I found out lots more information too
Apparently Envirolux is the local company here that actually created and produced the design.
They make lots of different types of LED's and have for years. A different company called ECO Grow is the company who will sell them shortly. I mean like in the next few weeks. They are doing some big show next week in Seattle for the official unveiling.

So the 3 rail system I ended up with is a cumulative total of only 195ish watts
Each rail is wireless holds a typical 8 pucks nicely spaced
That makes each 8 puck rail operate @ approx 65 watts
I also really like the fact that these can be used as side lighting and turned any direction up, down , sideways

Higher wattage units will follow but man this is an insane amount of light for less than 200 watts

One size heat sink, and he did say that 140lpw is possible. Even a single chip could be @ 184, but no array usually runs near that lpw. I don't know much about this but I though he said that it was around 120lpw
He did a par test right in front of me, trying to remember. . .

@1in it was 3000 micro moles
@ 6 in it was ~ 280 umoles
and @ 1 ft it was ~ 125 umoles
It's just BRIGHT people

As far as the ease of use, etc it's as easy as it seems in the video's

I am currently testing 3 sets of twins , all 3 different strains, all the sam exact size, and each set is ~ 3 weeks into veg

I will be separating them and trying a test, 1 set will be under stupid lighting, right under a 1000w warm MH+
The other set will be grown strictly under these new LED's, just under 200watts

Honestly I do expect the 1000w to exceed the overall growth, but at what cost?
This first test will be veg only for now
The REAL test would be fruit size results and I may never do this as my space is limited and running an independent flowering test here is not applicable at the moment.
Soon enough, however, I will incorporate this setup and post the results as a hybrid system

I initially intended to only use this light to supplement my bigger ones but I am super curious how the veg cycle does here at first with ONLY these LED's

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ glad your happy.. sounds fun

is the three rail system, three feet heatsink lengths?

pricing?

well the 1000 is going to blow away the LED.. I can already tell you that

so did you get to choose color spectrum pucks?

I'm interested, as I'm always interested in new technology..

did you get to ask about bin used by chance?

we.. well I know I would love some pics of the led chips / unit if you ever do..

thanks for sharing.. interested to hear more info, color spectrum.. only thing I find is 190 watts for ( what is is 3x3 design ) is that is way too low watts for that spacing.. I would have liked to see more chips per bar or more bars, as I would run double that.. at least

I guess I'll go to the you tube again till I hear back.

Thanks

So the 3 rails measure out to around 53" with the end caps
Usable portion of the rail is approx. 45"

Each rail comes with 8 pucks and running them with 8 is optimum
He said they will easily hold 12 per that length and you may do that, but it is not advisable for long term life by the specs

In addition, think of these rails and puck like an erector set, or Lego's. He said that they can make any size rails, short or longer and these pucks are the 1st generation. The next sets will be higher wattages and more colors will be available , like a deep red
Each rails puck colors are as such- 6 full spectrum whites and 2 of the purple looking ones to cover the lower nanometer area, supposedly it is the perfect color combo minus the deep red puck for the last few weeks
As far as the bins, he laughed and just said that they are using 2.45watt x 4 in each puck and the led is the Phillips Rebel LED
Still, interestingly enough, the box the pucks came in said they came from China and a company named Molex, IDK
But apparently, many years ago, 2 guys that worked for Illumitex, branched off and started this company Envirolux

I will try and get the pics going in the next few days as I have busy busy days here :)
So far my test plants are really perking up. I started the distance to be safe around 12-15 in from these lights

Again, for me the initial test will be running these SOLO in a separate area to get an idea of the impact they generate, BUT, I intend to simply use these as supplemental lighting in my flower rooms. They are nice because you may turn them any ol' way and direction and place them almost anywhere within the canopy or between the rows, or just side lighting. Heck, when I was there , they were working on a lamp stand. They bought a Home Depot lamp and tore it apart, using the base stand only and made like 3 vertical rails maybe 4-5 ft tall, kinda like a cell tower. Led's going outward in all directions. Pretty cool, I would simply set that cool running setup in between plants in the middle of the room, etc

Other notables-

The drivers are separate and each rail has their own each comes with a 15 ft. cord
He assured me that the daisy chain connections will follow soon to hopefully eliminate multiple cumbersome small drivers and cords from being a hassle. IMO, the driver being separate is good and bad.
Good for the reason it has plenty of cord and it obviously allows for maximum freedom and movement with a much lighter weight unit than most LED's I've seen
Bummer deal is organizing and arranging each driver cord to each rail, and for now, each 8 puck rail needs to be plugged in

Prices are not set in stone yet and he kindly asked me to omit my purchase cost until they nail things down, but I can say this, initially he told me that each rail goes for near the $500 range-ish

Having said that, the 3 rail system, in this length , is CLOSE to the $5 per watt range but being so new and innovative, its not cheap at all, YET

But for me, unlike many here, spending good money on an exciting newer type LED technology is not to be frowned upon. I am thrilled with my new LED and must say, having the company be here and reputable, means so much !!!!
Chinese companies seemingly fail to fix and/or repair units that are destined to FAIL from my experiences
Even some American companies buying Chinese parts and reselling them at a stupid price seem to "disappear" when you really need them
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Grow Perfect Technologies- SUCKS
AKA- Magnum LED- SUCKS
AKA- Green guy LED- SUCKS
(All same idiot who sketched out on more than one of us)
Sorry, Im still hot about my 800watt COB unit that failed and is lying in an empty closet, useless

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coincidence?

Rex contacted me today

I have much hope for this light

What 800w cob light let you down?

The beauty of them IMHO, is they are easily repairable/upgradable. As new and better cobs are available (Cree and Vero make some high quality/high power cobs. They are on the pricey side, but...

Coincidence?

Rex contacted me today

I have much hope for this light

What 800w cob light let you down?

The beauty of them IMHO, is they are easily repairable/upgradable. As new and better cobs are available (Cree and Vero make some high quality/high power cobs. They are on the pricey side, but...

This kind of rapid response speaks volumes to me about who they are and how they intend to represent me after my purchases.
Rex emailed back and forth with me on a Sunday to gain my interest in their product. Yes PetFlora, that 800watt unit was really impressing me until the day it started to fail , cob by cob until now 6 of 16 are out. To this day, I am STILL unable to reach this character . So needless to say, after that continuing customer service nightmare, my priorities in an LED company seems to be as follows:

1- Highest quality of LED regardless of price
2- CUSTOMER SERVICE
3- Warranties AND more importantly, how the warranty process is handled. Quickly is important
4- Ease of use and/or ease of repair on component

And PetFlora, I have learned much from various posts with your involvement, therefore gaining much respect for your LED experience. I am fairly new to this end of the horticultural spectrum :), so the fact that this particular light interests you, gives me even more confidence in its potential abilities. I was in fact able to visit the manufacturing location and I was very impressed with the business