What's new

Entire neighborhood raided... Think you're safe?

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Right, but did it say there were any doors knocked down?

The police have the right to go door to door, and even ask to see your ID. Heh, so can door to door salesmen.

Perhaps you have the right to refuse to open the door or show them your ID, but they can certainly ask, and they can certainly knock.

So yea, tell me again what rights these police were violating?

This ish doesn't even cross the line of abuse of power.

I hate door to door salesmen with a passion, but they are definitely not trespassing when they go up your front walk and knock on the door. Reacting like that to another person just doing their job is not cool or tough, you sound like a person who flies off the handle whenever they perceive an opportunity to flex their little muscle on another person. Powertripping on a salesman, lol.

Actually they are trespassing if it is posted or you verbally tell them they are.(In my state) It is not a right nor do i have to show ID. (The immigration crap proved that).:tiphat:

And yes, every time a police officer knocks on my door, whether to tell me my garage door is open or banging at 2am threatening me with parental kidnapping...I inform them they are trespassing and if they need to discuss anything to stand on the sidewalk off my property....And they do because its the law!:wave:

Cheers
StellarP

S

sparkjumper

It is the land of the free.You have the freedom not to answer your door for one thing