What's new

Entire neighborhood raided... Think you're safe?

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I'm with Bojangles. A bit heavy handed it sounds, but cops actually have some real work to do occasionally. Those dealing misery for personal gain, deserve what they get!

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr B,
Door-to-door salesmen don't go checking ID's - Police can isolate a troubled area without shutting down several streets/neighborhood however bad it is - whatever happened to softly, softly instead of heavy weaponry?

e2a:
In fact, I just remembered about a month ago a man came to my door armed with a powerful....

...clipboard...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! (Take the window out, why don't you?)

"Can I confirm who you are, Sir?"

"Eh? Who are you?"

"Err, Sir, I'm from the Leccy Company"

"No, you fucking can't - if you don't get your pompous ass off my door,
I'll remove you forcibly for trespass - 3 seconds ...3..2.."

...gone...staring back at me with his eyes as wide as dinner plates

and that is God's Honest Truth - I never bullsh!t.

Right, but did it say there were any doors knocked down?

The police have the right to go door to door, and even ask to see your ID. Heh, so can door to door salesmen.

Perhaps you have the right to refuse to open the door or show them your ID, but they can certainly ask, and they can certainly knock.

So yea, tell me again what rights these police were violating?

This ish doesn't even cross the line of abuse of power.

I hate door to door salesmen with a passion, but they are definitely not trespassing when they go up your front walk and knock on the door. Reacting like that to another person just doing their job is not cool or tough, you sound like a person who flies off the handle whenever they perceive an opportunity to flex their little muscle on another person. Powertripping on a salesman, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

gramma watt

They did NOT search everyone's homes. They had a looong undercover operation going, and they checked ID's. They were looking for specific people. This part of Paris has been a known place to get crack for 25 years. They had a list of people they were looking for.

This was a predominantly black neighborhood..it was more racial profiling than anything.

No flaming please...as I of all people do not condone this sort of thing...I just wanted you guys to know the facts.

In Kentucky...just because someone says you have dope...does not constitute a search warrant. It is in our Constitution. Which is why they are experts at the "Knock and Talk" method of getting in to your house...just like they did me.

In Kentucky...just because someone says you have dope...does not constitute a search warrant. It is in our Constitution. Which is why they are experts at the "Knock and Talk" method of getting in to your house...just like they did me.

Which in and of itself, I find ridiculous. The knock'n'talk is such bullshit. I HATE that police have so much leeway with lying and shit, they should have to be as upfront with us about their business as we have to be with them. I mean, they are EMPLOYED BY US, are they not?

Budsmith

Which in and of itself, I find ridiculous. The knock'n'talk is such bullshit. I HATE that police have so much leeway with lying and shit, they should have to be as upfront with us about their business as we have to be with them. I mean, they are EMPLOYED BY US, are they not?

True words

cannaboy

In those situations its good to have a james bond style escape plan involving a complete distruction of the searchforce and all your belongings and some evidence that you were caught in the blaze!!!! and move on..

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I feel the force was excessive for such a small town, and that the actions that the Federalies took was imo a training for the police state.
Thanks for sharing but..... You don't realize we already live in a police state?

We don't have peace officers anymore.... all we have is law enforcement.

Stay Safe! :tree:

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran

I dont know about other states,But I had a friend whos brother was becoming a cop here in the state I live in.He told me that his brother was required to take a drama class to help him to be able to act/lie better.To me that seemed crazy.

Anybody that has had any decent amount of dealings with law enforcement knows that they lie "continnually".I allways wondered that if they are allowed to lie in the way they do what gives them the idea that we as citizens owe them the truth.

As far as ye olde "knock and talk".What I tell people is that law enforcement is just like a vampire.In the movies the vampire doesnt have any powers in your home as long as the head of the house dont let him come in.But if he is invited in the owner of the house loses control of the vampire.Then the vampire is in control and can do whatever he/she wants inside the home.Well when you think about it isnt it the same with law enforcement?.I think so.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uhhhhhh.... did anyone else see yummybud's comment on the news article in the link?

weird

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea the country is going down the toilet quick15 years ago you never hear of half of this shit happening...

it happened 15 years ago remember Ruby Ridge and Waco?

The federalies are aware that there is mass anti government sentiment spreading among america right now. They know if they did something drastic like strike down the 2nd amendment there would be mass revolution.

So they quietly go and hit "threats" one by one and slowly take them out first. Im seriously surprised more militias arent being raided, but maybe they arent even telling us about it.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Holy shit how did i miss this one, oh thats right i dont watch tv anymore. Second big sweep they've had this year. First franklin co, now bourbon hmmmm. I know the state is hard up for revenue, is this how they're hoping to fill in the budget gap? Also cant forget about the 4klb they got out of jeffereson/shelby co in feb/march this year and 400k was seized there. I like how the article mentions crack and pills, but crack isnt the problem its all about the PILLS,PILLS,PILLS!!!!!!

Im actually disgusted on how much of an epidemic the pill problem is in kentucky.If crack were tossed around and ingested as much as the pills are then there would be a bust of this nature daily.

I dont know about other states,But I had a friend whos brother was becoming a cop here in the state I live in.He told me that his brother was required to take a drama class to help him to be able to act/lie better.To me that seemed crazy.

Anybody that has had any decent amount of dealings with law enforcement knows that they lie "continnually".I allways wondered that if they are allowed to lie in the way they do what gives them the idea that we as citizens owe them the truth.

As far as ye olde "knock and talk".What I tell people is that law enforcement is just like a vampire.In the movies the vampire doesnt have any powers in your home as long as the head of the house dont let him come in.But if he is invited in the owner of the house loses control of the vampire.Then the vampire is in control and can do whatever he/she wants inside the home.Well when you think about it isnt it the same with law enforcement?.I think so.

That IS insane! And yeah they fucking lie so much...

I like that explanation, and a fairly large amount (probably ALL) of my friends need this chat ;)