What's new

end of the world ...no flames please

Im'One

So here's my plan...for eowawki.
1.Get the positive claw ejector unlicensed bolt action rifle Teflon coated and mounted in a fiberglass stock and a saddle scabbard
2. Buy more ammo
3. Get a handgun for up close.
4. Find a manual shift four wheel drive diesel truck pre-electronic

5. Get a bigger generator
6. Plant more potatoes next year
7. Buy a freezer and put a beef in it.
8. Build pen and start my flock of dAwarf white turkeys or a wild turkey hybrid.
9. Put in a better tornado shelter with a concrete roof instead of relying in the cellar
10. Ride the horse more. Like to town...
Any other ideas?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
1.Get the positive claw ejector unlicensed bolt action rifle Teflon coated and mounted in a fiberglass stock and a saddle scabbard
2. Buy more ammo

8. Build pen and start my flock of dAwarf white turkeys or a wild turkey hybrid.
9. Put in a better tornado shelter with a concrete roof instead of relying in the cellar
Any other ideas?

11. Seeds. Lots and lots and lots of seeds. Store them properly.

12. A half dozen salt blocks. Wrapped and stored.

13. Deep cycle marine batteries.

14. LED lanterns.

15. Bags of rice.

You could go on forever.

Im'One

Every generation has 'their end of the world as we know it scenario' teotwawki
mine was Y2K

didn't see water on the list, both stored and purification tablets handy
you might want to read up on local plants that can help you survive in all seasons also

some more food for thought

https://survival-mastery.com/skills/teotwawki-survival.html

I was just thinking a cystern connected to guttering in the house would be great. And I already keep iodine but it might be good to stock up in it. It seems strong iodine is getting hard to find.
Seeds yes but I'm more focused on getting through one year, hopefully after that a structure of government would emerge and local bartering could get some things you didn't have on the list. I mainly want to have enough calories for two people to make it a year and that's tough without meat. Power goes out, freezer goes down or theft occurs... you'd be in trouble. 12 turkeys would be harder to steal than one steer. Plus not everyone can raise turkeys. They are not compatible with chicken and out in lots of weight fast.

Im'One

11. Seeds. Lots and lots and lots of seeds. Store them properly.

12. A half dozen salt blocks. Wrapped and stored.

13. Deep cycle marine batteries.

14. LED lanterns.

15. Bags of rice.

You could go on forever.

Salt blocks...yes with and without sulphur. I would prefer kerosene lamps and stores of kerosene but yes some LED lamps

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The more you prepare and the more you have, the more likely that someone like me will slit your throat while you sleep at night and simply make what was yours.... mine.

I'm not being mean. I'm just saying, in an Armageddon situation I would think that way and do those things and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. LOL It's best to simply have what you need to survive that day. Any more makes you a target.

2. Buy more ammo

Any other ideas?

2. Buy more ammo... Yes
3. Get a handgun for up close.... yes
4. Find a manual shift four wheel drive diesel truck pre-electronic Yes but add fuel treatment. I'm not going anywhere for as long as I have food.
5. Generator no don't want to make noise to attract attention.
6. Garden ... yes
7 Freezer no Canned proteins tuna beef chicken, dried beans ,rice. etc
8. livestock yes
9 Cellar Yes
10. yes
Also plywood sheets. or corrugated steel pre-cut and labeled to fit windows and doors Nails , screws. Propane lots of it, stove.
Stay in as much as you can for the first few weeks, months.
Radios lots of batteries Flashlights. Water Water and more water.
All purpose cleaner to clean up Ringdoggie's or peoples like him brain matter.
Shovel to dig unmarked deep grave. or feed them to the dogs and vultures. Play that as you choose.

Last edited:

Im'One

The salt blocks gave me an idea it might be best to stock up on corn for the horse and if worse came to worse we can make it into Johnny cakes and get by. Ground corn is calories after all, a little powdered molasses would be alright too.
A big black dog is pretty easy to get from the shelter and they keep prowlers out. We keep the propane tank full but it would be ideal to switch the kitchen stove to propane unit and install a propane fireplace. Generator is small and will fit in wellhouse to keep well pumping yet we store water anyway in jugs and in the horses stock tank..we could always move it inside the house and vent it out. The premade window shutters are a good idea. I wish I still had my black mustang gelding because he never needed shoes was a great lookout and could jump fences with ease.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
And the seed corn right?

Now there's a thought. Cow corn grows in fucking sand and there's thousands of acres growing. Start hauling those seeds/cobs home. Fill the box or trunk.

If it's too late for vehicles, make it the kids jobs to haul corn in a duffle bag all day.

(What's for dinner?
Corn.)