What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

Life happens, have a bunch goin on with not as much time to spare, perhaps things will slow down once winter gets here ?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Life happens, have a bunch goin on with not as much time to spare, perhaps things will slow down once winter gets here ?

Hi Riddleme,

I know you are busy, but I'd like to get your thoughts on Azomite. Do you think this soil amendment encourages terpene development in general, or promotes specific terpenes?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Hottish

@Riddleme When researching atmospheric NPK fixes & solubilizers, I came across this paper, did you have issues with PH adding lead sulfate?

https://mega.nz/#!a9pkhAhC!9-gANXltpgVcXzvgFq250sqYAR0qKBSG8cFolq4Z7kU

Elemental Sulfur Oxidation by Thiobacillus spp. And Aerobic Heterotrophic Sulfur-Oxidizing Bacteria 2010,

YANG Zhi-Hui1,2,∗2, K. ST¨OVEN3, S. HANEKLAUS3, B. R. SINGH2 and E. SCHNUG3
1Institute of Environmental Engineering, School of Metallurgical Science and Engineering, Central South University,
Changsha 410083 (China)

2Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N-1432, Aas (Norway)

3Institute for Crop and Soil Science, Federal Research Center for Cultivated Plants, Bundesallee 50, D-38116 Braunschweig (Germany)

(Received June 20, 2009; revised November 16, 2009)

ABSTRACT
The prediction of the oxidation rate of elemental sulfur (S0) is a critical step in sulfur (S) fertilizer strategy to supply plant-available sulfur. An incubation experiment was conducted to determine the rate and amount of S0 oxidation in relation to the contribution of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria. After 84 days, 16.3% and 22.4% of the total S0 applied to the soil were oxidized at 20 and 30 ◦C, respectively. The oxidation of S0 proved to be a two-step process with a rapid oxidation during the first 28 days and a slow oxidation from then on. The highest oxidation rate of 12.8 μg S cm−2 d−1 was measured during the first two weeks at 30 ◦C. At 20 ◦C the highest oxidation rate of 10.2 μg S cm−2 d−1 was obtained from two to four weeks after start of the experiment. On an average the soil pH declined by 3.6 and 4.0 units after two weeks of experiment. At the same time the electric conductivity increased nine times. With the oxidation of S0 the population of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased. The corresponding values for

Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased from 2.9 × 105 and 1.4 × 105 g−1 soil at the start of the experiment to 4 × 108 and 5.6 × 108 g−1 soil 14 days after S0 application, respectively. No Thiobacillus spp. was present eight weeks after S0 application. The results suggested that oxidation of residual S0 completely relied on aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria

------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Riddleme

Hi Riddleme,

I know you are busy, but I'd like to get your thoughts on Azomite. Do you think this soil amendment encourages terpene development in general, or promotes specific terpenes?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Since I have grown several different strains usin it I would say it is in a general way rather than a specific. My understanding is it allows the genetics to shine by making everything available

Riddleme

@Riddleme When researching atmospheric NPK fixes & solubilizers, I came across this paper, did you have issues with PH adding lead sulfate?

https://mega.nz/#!a9pkhAhC!9-gANXltpgVcXzvgFq250sqYAR0qKBSG8cFolq4Z7kU

Elemental Sulfur Oxidation by Thiobacillus spp. And Aerobic Heterotrophic Sulfur-Oxidizing Bacteria 2010,

YANG Zhi-Hui1,2,∗2, K. ST¨OVEN3, S. HANEKLAUS3, B. R. SINGH2 and E. SCHNUG3
1Institute of Environmental Engineering, School of Metallurgical Science and Engineering, Central South University,
Changsha 410083 (China)

2Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N-1432, Aas (Norway)

3Institute for Crop and Soil Science, Federal Research Center for Cultivated Plants, Bundesallee 50, D-38116 Braunschweig (Germany)

(Received June 20, 2009; revised November 16, 2009)

ABSTRACT
The prediction of the oxidation rate of elemental sulfur (S0) is a critical step in sulfur (S) fertilizer strategy to supply plant-available sulfur. An incubation experiment was conducted to determine the rate and amount of S0 oxidation in relation to the contribution of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria. After 84 days, 16.3% and 22.4% of the total S0 applied to the soil were oxidized at 20 and 30 ◦C, respectively. The oxidation of S0 proved to be a two-step process with a rapid oxidation during the first 28 days and a slow oxidation from then on. The highest oxidation rate of 12.8 μg S cm−2 d−1 was measured during the first two weeks at 30 ◦C. At 20 ◦C the highest oxidation rate of 10.2 μg S cm−2 d−1 was obtained from two to four weeks after start of the experiment. On an average the soil pH declined by 3.6 and 4.0 units after two weeks of experiment. At the same time the electric conductivity increased nine times. With the oxidation of S0 the population of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased. The corresponding values for

Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased from 2.9 × 105 and 1.4 × 105 g−1 soil at the start of the experiment to 4 × 108 and 5.6 × 108 g−1 soil 14 days after S0 application, respectively. No Thiobacillus spp. was present eight weeks after S0 application. The results suggested that oxidation of residual S0 completely relied on aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria

------------------------------------------

With the high doses, yes, with the low doses, no

Asylum

Hello RiddleMe, Great Journal! I'm interested to learn more about the Midday Depression. With your knowledge on lights, would you recommend using the 6.5 on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off when using LED lighting?

Riddleme

Hello RiddleMe, Great Journal! I'm interested to learn more about the Midday Depression. With your knowledge on lights, would you recommend using the 6.5 on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off when using LED lighting?
Would depend on the lights and visual plant response

Asylum

Honestly you're post about reducing mid day depression was the first time I've heard of it. I have stuck with DJ Shorts recommended 11/13 until now. What visual response should I look for?
Also I was trying to become a member of your website but couldn't figure out where to sign up.

Riddleme

Honestly you're post about reducing mid day depression was the first time I've heard of it. I have stuck with DJ Shorts recommended 11/13 until now. What visual response should I look for?
Also I was trying to become a member of your website but couldn't figure out where to sign up.

Prolly cause most pot forums don't pay attention to real gardening ways LOL

They should rest

My forum is invite only

Asylum

I was also interested in the gaslight veg cycle. Are you running 12 hours light 5.5 hours dark and 1 hour light and then again 5.5hours dark?

I have two fresh 2in tall seedlings of Azure Haze currently under 4, 4ft 32w 6500k T8s, and I run them 24/0. My veg growth seems slow.

What 4 bulbs would you recommend I use in my veg growth? And should I add 2 more for 6 total?

Thanks RiddleMe

Riddleme

I was also interested in the gaslight veg cycle. Are you running 12 hours light 5.5 hours dark and 1 hour light and then again 5.5hours dark?

I have two fresh 2in tall seedlings of Azure Haze currently under 4, 4ft 32w 6500k T8s, and I run them 24/0. My veg growth seems slow.

What 4 bulbs would you recommend I use in my veg growth? And should I add 2 more for 6 total?

Thanks RiddleMe

Yes I run gas light for veg

T8's good for seedlings IMO that's about it

the ones you have are fine for seedlings

Asylum

I have not done a grow journal as of yet, I was considering doing one. I only grow for personal use, quality over quantity, and I am in a southern state where its still a very bad idea to do so. I gather information form all sites that I can, but I am not a member of any of them. I made this name strictly for this site to be able to ask you those questions, as I am still paranoid about putting myself out there.

I am on my 5th grow currently, and the first 4 were less than great. I started flowering with a 400w HPS to learn, and have now gone to a 700w LED. Huge improvement. My current grow is the best by far, and its my first run using subcools supersoil. I have 4 plants total, in two 15gallon airpots. (2 plants in each one). I have supplemented 4 UVB CFLs, one on each plant, attached with Clamplights to the LED. Im still a little nervous about attaching photos, and I heard somewhere they can trace the pictures.

Latest posts

Latest posts