What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

Land Race Sativa (Komaoni) with 1/2 inch internodes :biggrin:

Attachments

• T_SAM_4014.JPG
    T_SAM_4014.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 9

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Land Race Sativa (Komaoni) with 1/2 inch internodes :biggrin:

Sounds interesting. How about some explanation of what that strain is? For instance, where does it come from, what are the effects like, how long do you expect it to flower for, is it supposed to be very potent, etc..

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Riddleme

Sounds interesting. How about some explanation of what that strain is? For instance, where does it come from, what are the effects like, how long do you expect it to flower for, is it supposed to be very potent, etc..

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Page 23 post #333 :biggrin:

Riddleme

A few years ago, I saw this movie ,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFiucWKo-8

It made me wanna make Charas, so I took a Northern Lights Special and sat in my back yard under the July sun for 9 hours rubbin buds, I got 3.4 grams of Charas and it was the best tastin smoke I ever had. It was this experience that made me wanna grow a true Charas Land Race. Now I just gotta hope one of em is a boy LOL

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Page 23 post #333 :biggrin:

Thanks!

Sorry, I remember reading that post, but forgot the name that links to the description.
:laughing:

That sounds really good. Especially since my favorite outdoor plants, Bangi Haze and Nepal Jam, both have Nepalese in them. I made hash with about 40% Bangi Haze buds, and two other strains mixed in. It turned out awesome. It is a bit unique to me in that the hash stays somewhat pliable, even after a year of drying and curing. All the other hashes I have made get quite hard.

Thanks again for your patience. I'll be following more closely about this one.
:biggrin:

B.T.W., I've been loving the recent beautiful pictures.

attachment.php

NICE!!

ThaiBliss

420empire

Veteran
Hey Riddle :)

Your way of growing is really inspireing, and it´s really cool to see, what you are doing. I´am myself like the good old trail and error to find out how one can grow some top nutch bud. I have some questions i would like to ask, if however you haven´t replyed any of these. You mention that you did a test with LED, some years ago, but wihtout flowering. How can it be that you would not try some of the new models, and see if it can beat the T5, is it because that the T5 have the optimal spectrum you are looking for, or is it because that you´ve kinda settle on the T5, and don´t wanna spend more time trying out LED.?

Hope to see more from you in the near furture, really enjoying this show for sure.

Ps. when will you book come out, and what is the authors name on the plant alchemy book, would love to read it. :)

Peace 420 E

Riddleme

Hey Riddle :)

Your way of growing is really inspireing, and it´s really cool to see, what you are doing. I´am myself like the good old trail and error to find out how one can grow some top nutch bud. I have some questions i would like to ask, if however you haven´t replyed any of these. You mention that you did a test with LED, some years ago, but wihtout flowering. How can it be that you would not try some of the new models, and see if it can beat the T5, is it because that the T5 have the optimal spectrum you are looking for, or is it because that you´ve kinda settle on the T5, and don´t wanna spend more time trying out LED.?

Hope to see more from you in the near furture, really enjoying this show for sure.

Ps. when will you book come out, and what is the authors name on the plant alchemy book, would love to read it. :)

Peace 420 E

My book is waiting on a few experiments to conclude, there is one LED light I wanna play with but it is costly at the moment.

Manfres M Junius is the author of the alchemy book

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Hey Riddle.

Thanks for your answar, really looking forward to your book, would love to try your method of growing. I was thinking on the PLL system you have, but some people say that some of the gases escape from the PLL it self, and could make you crop "contaminetet" which would be very bummmer, still i dunno if it´s confirmed, of just at idea..?? And thanks for the tip on that book, just love alchemy. !! I was thinking on continue with LED´s there is also UVB LED´s but haven´t seen anyone useing them.. could it be a candidate for your system, or is PLL just the best when i comes to the "full" spectra. Btw. you also talk abot the gaslight, i am haveing a hard time finding the lamp..
Hope it´s ok with all these Q, i am just stooked on your method, and wouldlove to try it on Thai stick some day. :)

Riddleme

Hey Riddle.

Thanks for your answar, really looking forward to your book, would love to try your method of growing. I was thinking on the PLL system you have, but some people say that some of the gases escape from the PLL it self, and could make you crop "contaminetet" which would be very bummmer, still i dunno if it´s confirmed, of just at idea..?? And thanks for the tip on that book, just love alchemy. !! I was thinking on continue with LED´s there is also UVB LED´s but haven´t seen anyone useing them.. could it be a candidate for your system, or is PLL just the best when i comes to the "full" spectra. Btw. you also talk abot the gaslight, i am haveing a hard time finding the lamp..
Hope it´s ok with all these Q, i am just stooked on your method, and wouldlove to try it on Thai stick some day. :)

Not sure what you mean by PLL ?

and Gas Light Veg is not a light it is a routine, an adjustment of hours perhaps a better word is a schedule. It is (what ever light you use in veg) set to 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off.

The 12 and one on also give it the nickname of 12/1 veg cycle

I'm thinking that you must mean the mercury in the tubes, which would only be a concern if one broke?

420empire

Veteran
PLL Fluoros, the tubes you are useing ;)

Ok, i understand now, you have a lot of good info, so can be hard to understand it all.
Yea i know, but saw in a post in here, that it´s normal for the tubes to leak a little bit, but can´t remeber which member said it..

420empire

Veteran
btw. is there a reason why, you are not useing CMH with some UVB tubes?? is just that i don´t understand why u use tubes to flower under? Is not because i am not impressed, cause I am, really like your setup, just like to get new knowledge. ;)

Riddleme

btw. is there a reason why, you are not useing CMH with some UVB tubes?? is just that i don´t understand why u use tubes to flower under? Is not because i am not impressed, cause I am, really like your setup, just like to get new knowledge. ;)

Most importantly because Phillips discontinued the CMH bulbs and yes I know they created some new types but learning that the CMH bulbs did not really have any useful UV and wanting to play with more spectrum control and having grown with flouros back in the day I decided to go T5. Now I'm glad I did because I have learned so much from em. If I was to add a HID type of light in the future it would be the SpectrumKing LED as it is the only one I have seen that has the spectrum I would want. But it is a tad pricey at $1200.

420empire

Veteran
- Ok, just saw at the CMH therad which Rives has just startet up, that there is a new CMH on market with UV, but i would´t last that long.. --> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299165&page=2
- Yea i´am also haveing a look at Spectrumking, it seems legit, and very cool, but dunno if it is a "full spectrum..?? I have only used T5 for cloning , and veg. and the work really nice, but i must admit that i may have jump on the LED wagon, i got friend which are useing HANS LED, and it seems to a good job, but still it is nog at "full spectrum" like we want!! I think the reason i ask, i because if you have only notices these "orange" trichomes with T5, I guess that´s the way to go, however if this genetic switch can be turned on by LED, maybe with UV T5 applyed og LED UV, it could be another way to do it. I also know u use gypsum to trick it, right ? :D

Peace.

Riddleme

- Ok, just saw at the CMH therad which Rives has just startet up, that there is a new CMH on market with UV, but i would´t last that long.. --> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299165&page=2
- Yea i´am also haveing a look at Spectrumking, it seems legit, and very cool, but dunno if it is a "full spectrum..?? I have only used T5 for cloning , and veg. and the work really nice, but i must admit that i may have jump on the LED wagon, i got friend which are useing HANS LED, and it seems to a good job, but still it is nog at "full spectrum" like we want!! I think the reason i ask, i because if you have only notices these "orange" trichomes with T5, I guess that´s the way to go, however if this genetic switch can be turned on by LED, maybe with UV T5 applyed og LED UV, it could be another way to do it. I also know u use gypsum to trick it, right ? :D

Peace.

key word is not gypsum, tis sulfur :biggrin:

I use very little gypsum

The spectrumking LED is full spectrum but not sure about available UV? I have been emailin em talkin bout their lights :biggrin:

420empire

Veteran
Aha! That´s the one hehe, sneaky, hope your book is going to "yield" some good old tokers knowledge..:D Hmm well they talk about "full spectrum" and there vids (and others) it seems like the plants are in love with the light, but 1.200 bucks is alot by now, but onthe other hand, maybe it will be payed back in some way. Otherwise, ill stick to your model ;) Have seen HPS 250 watt in action also 400, was not that impressed!

Cheers

EL ROBUSTO

A = Actinic
B = 6500K
C = Coral
D = 4100K

Veg = B C B D A B C B

Flower = C D C A D B B D C A D B B D A C D C
^ ^
I will be changin the inside B's to C's for the next round

and here is a pic I caught yesterday

Excellent thanks for the layout and excellent photo!!!!!!

olekingkole

Have you learned anything about the SpectrumKing UV? Seems to me that I recall from one of their many videos on Youtube that it has UVA but not UVB.

Riddleme

Have you learned anything about the SpectrumKing UV? Seems to me that I recall from one of their many videos on Youtube that it has UVA but not UVB.

Not yet, I was waiting for to post the lab results from the independent tester which are supposed to be more detailed.

Alpha Phase

hey Riddle, I just got my t5, it only has 6500k bulbs but I will veg with it using the 12/1 schedule for the first time with my paralysis plants. I took clones monday so probably in a week or so they can go into the ebb system.

Does it extend veg time by any chance?

I'm going to cram 11 of them in the 5x5 and I'm hoping to keep them short being they are mostly sativa, can't wait!

Latest posts

Latest posts