What's new

Electricity Usage and "Cops"

D

dongle69

What evidence could they have had for a house that has never had anything grown at? What holes?

What did the search warrant say?
What did the DA say?
If you were there, you should know.
Usually there is an informant, a neighbor made a complaint, or something.
Bottom line is that PG&E does not give out customer records without a warrant or subpoena.
There had to be some information, incorrect or not, that was enough to get a warrant or subpoena.

pugnacious

So the real question is. What factors could result into a judge signing a warrant/subpoena to access your electric bills. Does it only take 1 informant?

Its actually pretty easy to remain under the radar with the cops.

CaptainTrips

What did the search warrant say?
What did the DA say?
If you were there, you should know.
Usually there is an informant, a neighbor made a complaint, or something.
Bottom line is that PG&E does not give out customer records without a warrant or subpoena.
There had to be some information, incorrect or not, that was enough to get a warrant or subpoena.

There was no warrant. Like I said they just showed up on suspicious power use. Police getting a hold of power records without a warrant/subpena is not news. Police breaking the law is not news... It was not PG&E either.

D

dongle69

Starting to sound like bullshit to me.
10 cops just showed up for a knock and talk?
Was this even in California? If so, where?
Did you let the cops in?
Police getting a hold of power records without a warrant/subpoena IS news in Cali.

CaptainTrips

Starting to sound like bullshit to me.
10 cops just showed up for a knock and talk?
Was this even in California? If so, where?
Did you let the cops in?
Police getting a hold of power records without a warrant/subpoena IS news in Cali.

Yup, 10 cops or whatever it was, showed up for a knock in talk basically. They claimed they were there due to high power usage. It was in So. California, maybe 8 years ago. It wasn't my house, but the owner did let them in since nothing was going on. It was fucking bullshit and I really couldn't believe it and I was there. lol

Macster2

Hey ,Let's face it that's what initially their going to do, knock and talk walk in ,smell the place ,look around unless YOU stop them, meet them at the door ,step outside close the door behind you,etc. The point is the cops had no right to come to the door and bully their way in, no matter, based on fact or fiction.It's up to us to PUSH BACK if we don't, who's going to do it for us. Maybe that's what your forbearers fought for !!

!!Rights!!

pugnacious

If it happend in San Diego then we would know who you were talking about because 6 years ago they did a raid on a innocent family that was doing too much clothes laundry. They also caught up a major grower in the process. The fact that they busted a innocent family was what made it national wide news. And is the same reason why paranoid people on IC still over hype the power bill paranoia. Fuking 6 years later you have people exaggerating an incident to pretend that they know what they are talking about. Its pathetic.

Knock and talks do happen. But they dont do it because of electric bills. They do it because of neighbors that report drug activity or snitches. Believe it or not. Cops lie once in a while to get consent to come in. And when that happens the homeowner is a strait dumbass.

I was never the type of person to ever bash or disrespect someone on IC. But you are strait poser.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
was running 12kw at one point in a 4bdroom house.. .the guy from the electric company was banging on my door a month later asking if he could "look around" to c wat was running, luckly enough i planned ahead and installed 5 ac's one in every room window lol he def bought it... retard... but for sure, they come and they do wonder!! so b careful, rule of thumb for me now is no more then 4k watts a house seems to b working well for ppl in my circle

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
So the real question is. What factors could result into a judge signing a warrant/subpoena to access your electric bills. Does it only take 1 informant?

I guess I have to spoon feed you people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpoena

Subpoenas are usually issued by the clerk of the court (see below) in the name of the judge presiding over the case. Additionally, court rules may permit lawyers to issue subpoenas themselves in their capacity as officers of the court.

It really is a common misunderstanding. Being mistaken about a fact doesn't make one 'stupid' since every person that ever existed has made mistakes of fact, including Albert Einstein. However, I think it might be a valid definition of stupidity to insist that your mistaken belief is correct. The subpoena for electrical records is nothing but a form filled out by an officer of the court.

Uncle Jesse

Heres something i learned in my state when i was researching buying a home......say you want to buy a house and you wanna find out what the average cost of electric in house is per month.....ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL POWER COMPANY GIVE THEM THE ADDRESS OF HOUSE AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THE AVERAGE MONTHLY COST....RITE THERE ON THE SPOT....THE HOUSE DOESNT HAVE TO BE FOR SALE !.........this doesnt meen any thing tho unless there already looking at you.......but if they call for average for say 4 to 6 other homes on ya block and yours is the smallest cubic ft , with the highest bill...or way out of wack,,..it wouldnt surprise me if they would make note of it.

just one thing that stayed in my mind and i thaught id pass it along.....check it out in your area ....peace

Macster2

Perhaps we used the wrong word then, in Canada if Leo wants to see my electric bill they need a signed warrant from a judge before this information is turned over to them.This info is considered private and if this warrant is issued without proper grounds,the case against the accused can be thrown out. Which I have seen court documents show.
Now I can't speak for where ever your from but that is how it is here.

pugnacious

was running 12kw at one point in a 4bdroom house.. .the guy from the electric company was banging on my door a month later asking if he could "look around" to c wat was running, luckly enough i planned ahead and installed 5 ac's one in every room window lol he def bought it... retard... but for sure, they come and they do wonder!! so b careful, rule of thumb for me now is no more then 4k watts a house seems to b working well for ppl in my circle

What state is this?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
YOUR WRONG

YOUR WRONG

I don't know how many times I gotta say it.The electric co. doesn't care as long as you pay for it.
DUDE SHUTUP U HAVE NO IDEA WAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT... MAYBE IN YOUR AREA... ON THE EAST COAST WORCESTER, BOSTON(WHERE IM AT)... THEY HAVE COME AND ASKED WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON SO DONT TELL ME THEY DONT... LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES NO MORE THEN 4K PER HOUSE TO B SAFE WHERE I AM!! RAN 12K 10K 9K 8K ALL IN DIFFRENT OPS, EVERYTIME ELEC COMPANY SEND SOMEONE KNOCKING CUZ ELECTRIC WAS DOUBLE ALMOST TRIPPLE THEN THAT OF THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED THERE B4.. YOU MUST NOT B FROM USA