What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elan's Closet - Purple Kush - SCROG - Ebb & Flow

djslife

Calyxes are swelling like crazy :peacock:

Attachments

• 20160225_200415.jpg
    20160225_200415.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20160225_200331.jpg
    20160225_200331.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 12
  • S20160225_005.jpg
    S20160225_005.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 15
  • S20160225_007.jpg
    S20160225_007.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 14
  • S20160225_011.jpg
    S20160225_011.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 14
  • S20160225_008.jpg
    S20160225_008.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 14
Alright this is why you can't always follow the harvesting instructions from the breeder. This Purple Kush from DHN has a recommended harvest time of 9-10 weeks, but if I were to follow that I would have harvested at the latest yesterday.

Since we all have different grow room conditions the recommended harvest time needs to be considered, but you need to follow your trichomes. I would be harvesting immature plants if I were to chop today.

-djslife

Thank you!! I'm learning and this is very helpful. I plan on getting a usb microscope to check trichomes when I grow. Keep at it.

djslife

Thank you!! I'm learning and this is very helpful. I plan on getting a usb microscope to check trichomes when I grow. Keep at it.

Thanks for checking out my thread, Spearwarrior. :tiphat: I'm happy that some of these posts have been able to help others on here. :dance013:

-djslife

djslife

Chip chop, the ladies are drying as we speak.

Lots of larf from the back two plants due to the lack of access to them. Both the front ladies look good, but I see where my rookie mistakes were. There's always room for improvement and the next run should be gorgeous.

That being said, if the smell that's coming is anything like what these fan leaves smell like then we're in for a treat. :dance013:

Stay tuned, :tiphat:

-djslife

Attachments

• leclo34.jpg
    leclo34.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 12
Care to explain what your mistakes were? I'm still working on my room and putting in isles so I can have access to all of my plant until i can automate things. I'm hoping to be able to fill in the isle once I have full control of environment but thats much further down the road. Congrats on a successful harvest!!

djslife

Care to explain what your mistakes were? I'm still working on my room and putting in isles so I can have access to all of my plant until i can automate things. I'm hoping to be able to fill in the isle once I have full control of environment but thats much further down the road. Congrats on a successful harvest!!

Hey Spear,

Alright so next run I'm going to aim to have access to the plants from all sides. I'm going to raise the light I'm using up a bit or lower my tray. The next time I run SCROG I'll use a screen that has the ability to collapse versus the fencing that I'm using right now I had to maneuver the colas around when I chopped. I may switch up my lighting on the next run as well, but I'm still deciding on that.

Thanks man, keeping my fingers crossed for a solid harvest. :tiphat:

-djslife

Thanks for the response I'm just starting my grow after getting my room done and have my clones in I'm working on automation but need to get the fundamentals first.

Latest posts

Latest posts