What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elan's Closet - Purple Kush - SCROG - Ebb & Flow

djslife

What's up IC,

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon
EC: 1.9

Hannah
pH: 5.91
uS: 1808
PPM: 904
Water Temp: 75.5f
Room Temp: 80.4f
Humidity:58%

I started to notice some fan leaves gradually yellowing from the center of the leaf outward which I believe signifies a Calcium deficiency so I went and picked up a few supplies and some Calmag.

Here's a shot of one of the symptom leaves, do you guys think it could be anything else?

Attachments

• S1018.jpg
    S1018.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 10
  • D1018.jpg
    D1018.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

djslife

Hey IC,

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon
EC: 2.0

Hannah
pH: 5.93
uS: 1833
PPM: 915
Water Temp: 76.1f
Room Temp: 76.3f
Humidity: 63%

The girls are looking killer!

I removed the coated training wire and they're liking it. It's weird because it seems like the only one to respond well to it was the back left clone. I have a feeling it was just my lack of experience and not forming the wire well before installing. You live and you learn.

The back right clone is growing, but at a slower rate than the others. I've lowered the screen a bit and will train as they grow through.

My F & D became much cleaner once I replaced hydroton with polished stones (Dollar Store)

View attachment 337105 View attachment 337106

Hey PetFlora, :tiphat:

Dude I've seriously considered it every time I'm at the dollar store. I really like how sterile you can get them and it really makes the roots work. The only reason I didn't use them this grow is because I was concerned about the amount weight it would add to the grow itself (4x10gallon Smart Pots).

I really appreciate your advice, man. I've been lurking your threads for awhile now. :biggrin:

Thanks for reading guys,

-djslife

djslife

What's up IC,

I picked up a few more supplies:
  • Dyna-Grow Neem Oil
  • Two air-stones
  • A pressurized spray bottle that can produce a fine mist
  • Titan repeat cycle timer

I topped some of the shoots a few days ago so they're recovering, but fairly fast. The leaves are beginning to show a little more yellowing so I'll start foliar feeding with a light combination of CalMag and Neem oil as needed.

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon

Hannah
pH: 5.93
uS: 1893
PPM: 948
Water Temp: 77.4f
Room Temp: 81.1f

I'm still on the hunt for a good reservoir that can hold 15 gallons, but only 7 inches deep. If you guys have any recommendations please let me know. :thank you:

Thanks for reading guys,

-djslife

Attachments

• BL 1.jpg
    BL 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • FL 1.jpg
    FL 1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • WC.jpg
    WC.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
  • New Goodies.jpg
    New Goodies.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9
  • BR 1.jpg
    BR 1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 9
  • FR 1.jpg
    FR 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

djslife

Hey IC,

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon

Hannah
pH: 5.60
uS: 1898
PPM: 947
Water Temp: 76.4f
Room Temp: 79f
Humidity: 55%

Started foliar feeding at a quarter strength of CalMag, Neem, and Pro-TeKt this weekend. The plants seem to be diggin' it.

Definitely noticed a positive difference after plugging in the repeat-cycle timer. I love having control over the sub-60 second flood times. With a powerful enough pump I'll be able to fill and empty in under a minute. :dance013:

This morning I stretched the girls out across the screen to boost the amount of light getting to the lower bud sites and about twelve hours later the lower sights are already reaching and the upper bud sights all starting poking above the screen.

Alright guys, thanks for reading.

Night,

-djslife

Attachments

• FB1.jpg
    FB1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 12
  • FR1.jpg
    FR1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
  • FL1.jpg
    FL1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 8
  • BR1.jpg
    BR1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 8
  • BL1.jpg
    BL1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FU.jpg
    FU.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 8

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next time, or this, build a lattice frame with 1 x 2s to take the strain off the trays

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good dj. How much does your PK stretch?
How much you gonna fill the screen b4 you flip?

djslife

Next time, or this, build a lattice frame with 1 x 2s to take the strain off the trays

Hey PetFlora, thanks for the advice! I'll keep it in mind for the location I have my next project.

Lookin good dj. How much does your PK stretch?
How much you gonna fill the screen b4 you flip?

Thanks Marlo, this pheno from DHN is seriously bushy. That combined with the metal halide and topping has made her lateral growth pretty fun to work with. I'm just stretching them in every direction and they've been loving it. I'm going to push this run as much as I can before the flip, but the goal is to have a dense sea of colas. I'll probably stick with 3/4 screen maybe a little bit more.

Thanks for reading guys,

-djslife

djslife

What's up everyone,

The plants are growing fast and humidity has definitely increased. Walked in there this evening and it was at 68%, kind of like what it felt like on the east coast last time I was there.

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon
EC: 2.1

pH: 5.69
uS: 2072
PPM: 1035
Water Temp: 76f
Room Temp: 78f
Humidity: 68%

The new reservoir has been working out really well. Easy to get too, it's sealed for the most the part, and easy to clean.

Later,

-djslife

Attachments

• F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
  • F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
  • OT1.jpg
    OT1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 8
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 10

djslife

Yooo,

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon
EC: 2.1

Hannah
pH: 5.61
uS: 1950
PPM: 976
Water Temp: 67f
Room Temp: 70f
Humidity: 59%

The pics tonight are after I cleared a bunch of leaves out. Blocking way to much light for future colas. Other than that today was the res. change/cleaning. They're looking good, really filling out the screen.

Later,

-djslife

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 10
  • L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

djslife

Hey guys,

Numbers for tonight:

Truncheon
EC:2.1

Hannah
pH: 5.78
uS: 2026
PPM: 1014
Water Temp: 67
Room Temp: 67
Humidity: 70%

Not much change, just getting more filled out. Humidity is going up and temps are going down. I'm going to throw the 400w MH in there before lights on tomorrow and see how they like it.

-djslife

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 8

djslife

What's up IC,

The ladies are bushy and just finished their first week of flower. They're looking great and the smell they're giving off is a mix of berries and chocolate.

Can't wait to see how they come out. :biggrin:

-djslife

Attachments

• OH1.jpg
    OH1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 9
  • FT1.jpg
    FT1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 7
  • F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 7

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great dj. Seems like you time your flip well. Things should fill out nicely

Good luck!

djslife

hey dis

looks really great so far! thumbs up!
i'm excited for the next weeks!
looks very clean, no mess
like it

Thanks for stopping by, Dr.! I appreciate it, I try to keep it as clean as I can. Ultimately I'd love to have a full size room dedicated so I could completely control the environment.

Looks great dj. Seems like you time your flip well. Things should fill out nicely

Good luck!

What's up, Marlo :tiphat: I appreciate it man, I completely underestimated how long it would take me to get to the flip. I'm interested to see how they yield under the 600w since I let it fill out all the way.

Later guys,

-djslife

djslife

What's up guys,

Some pic updates for you guys!

It's pretty amazing to watch plants grow like this. The way they respond to different stimuli and adapt is cool. The flowers are starting to show and I'm happy with the growth overall. The leaves are looking healthy, flat, and responsive.

Later guys,

-djslife

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
  • F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 9

djslife

Got a quick pic update that I've been holding onto since the 24th, I'll be uploading some more later tonight after I get back. I haven't been home for a couple days so tonight should be interesting.:dance013:

-djslife

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 10
  • F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 10