What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's LED/ZEN tent

El Tigre

Trainining time!

Trainining time!

picture.php

BoredToDeath

Cool man, happy to hear that. Do you have any picture of this suspended box?

No picture but I made this El Tigre-inspired graphic to explain kind of what it looks like.. :) It works great and is also pretty stealthy seeing as it´s surrounded with other cardboard boxes.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice training to make a good canopy of buds. Not always easy with 4 different varieties !

VG

The Zientist

Veteran
Hey there Tigre,

I've been watching through the entirety of your thread.

Your results using these SILs are mouthwatering. It was a very interesting read, the adaptations you did to counterbalance the light bleaching, your pictorial summaries and so on. Great work. :)

I'm getting quite interested on the effectiveness and simplicity of these type of setups, considering in the future assembling something along the same ways.

How's the chipcount on your ikea SILs? I'm sampling some in order to find the best case scenario for my setup and I'm still undecided.

Any advice for someone (who's already went through blynx, Terpene, repuk and other threads) who's considering assembling such type of setups, with the experience you've gathered running yours along the years?

Take care and keep at it!

PS: I've ran Female seeds gear many years ago, mostly C99 but also others like Bubblegum. Enjoyed their stuff, specially on the aroma department. Also pretty easy to grow indoors.
Now going back to revisit ACE seeds with some of their newer work. Have you tried any of their genetics?

El Tigre

Nice training to make a good canopy of buds. Not always easy with 4 different varieties !

VG

Hi VerdantGreen, thank you. Happy to see you here, you have inspired me a lot!
Well i'm pretty good in training plants, less in other aspects of growing, like checking carefully the plants early on flowering time :wallbash: LOL
I explain better below.:tiphat:

El Tigre

Hey there Tigre,

I've been watching through the entirety of your thread.

Your results using these SILs are mouthwatering. It was a very interesting read, the adaptations you did to counterbalance the light bleaching, your pictorial summaries and so on. Great work. :)

I'm getting quite interested on the effectiveness and simplicity of these type of setups, considering in the future assembling something along the same ways.

How's the chipcount on your ikea SILs? I'm sampling some in order to find the best case scenario for my setup and I'm still undecided.

Any advice for someone (who's already went through blynx, Terpene, repuk and other threads) who's considering assembling such type of setups, with the experience you've gathered running yours along the years?

Take care and keep at it!

PS: I've ran Female seeds gear many years ago, mostly C99 but also others like Bubblegum. Enjoyed their stuff, specially on the aroma department. Also pretty easy to grow indoors.
Now going back to revisit ACE seeds with some of their newer work. Have you tried any of their genetics?

Hi Zientist, happy that my thread was an interesting reading for you! If you went through blynx, Terpene, repuk etc.. i think there is really little that i can add.

If I were you i did not waste too much time thinking about the best SIL bulbs to buy. Honestly i think that they all do their thing properly. Sure some are slightly better than others, but my advice is: CHEAPER IS BETTER! I mean if you are looking for the maximum of efficiency etc, better dig with quantum boards, LED strips etc.
If you want good weed at a very reasonable price then SILs are a good option. By the way i checked now and my bulbs of the swedish corporate have 12 chips.
Never tried ACE seeds, but i read a lot of good things about them.
I was happy too with Female Seeds, until couple of days ago. LOL
I'm kidding, shit happens and the guys are really nice.
If you have any question about putting together your setup soon, count me in.

El Tigre

FEMALE SEEDS MIX - ABORTED

FEMALE SEEDS MIX - ABORTED

Ok, i was really proud of my "twisted SOG" (the incredible new training style by myself EL Tigre), canopy was one of the best i ever did and... i realized that i was growing seeds instead of buds!
The golden rule: stay always focused on every aspect of growing, even when you think to manage your setup at the best.
Well, Grapefruit hermied like a crazy, and all the buds were full of forming seeds.
Maybe was the aggressive training/defoliation to cause stress? Not sure.
Next time i'll pay more attention.

I had in mind this idea of making some pollen chunking, but not in this way LOL

So I was forced to behead all the plants.
Not sure about next round but 99% I'm going with some autos, trying to make up for the lost time.
A picture of a MAROC seeded bud and the GRAPEFRUIT ladyboy.

picture.php

picture.php

The Zientist

Veteran
Hi Zientist, happy that my thread was an interesting reading for you! If you went through blynx, Terpene, repuk etc.. i think there is really little that i can add.

If I were you i did not waste too much time thinking about the best SIL bulbs to buy. Honestly i think that they all do their thing properly. Sure some are slightly better than others, but my advice is: CHEAPER IS BETTER! I mean if you are looking for the maximum of efficiency etc, better dig with quantum boards, LED strips etc.
If you want good weed at a very reasonable price then SILs are a good option. By the way i checked now and my bulbs of the swedish corporate have 12 chips.
Never tried ACE seeds, but i read a lot of good things about them.
I was happy too with Female Seeds, until couple of days ago. LOL
I'm kidding, shit happens and the guys are really nice.
If you have any question about putting together your setup soon, count me in.

Appreciate the counseling mate. :)

Following all the shuffling between the aforementioned threads, the three main criteria I'm looking for on the SILs for my setup are:
-PRICE (low)

-Chip count (higher the better)

-Average lifespan (15k hours min.)

In the end, I feel that it's has you speak, but I want to start the best way possible in order to be setup for the best outcome possible as well.

The goal is to be able run sativas or mostly sativa hybrids to the best of their potential (realistically for an indoor setup with space constrains). Also, as efficiently in terms of energy and money input as possible. I've seen it's possible with SILs and I'm very motivated to give it a try.

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement, we'll keep in touch.

Fak, sorry to hear about that grapefruit! That's unfortunate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts