What's new

El Tigre's LED/ZEN tent

Legalcdn

Great setup. Really nice and organized. Mephisto seems to be one of the auto flower seedbanks with proven results. I am jealous... Pulling up a seat..

El Tigre

Great setup. Really nice and organized. Mephisto seems to be one of the auto flower seedbanks with proven results. I am jealous... Pulling up a seat..

Hi man! Don't be jealous, my setup is very minimal and cheap LOL If you want i can provide you a list with all things to buy. Mephisto stuff seems to work properly, but also Buddha seeds was good in my experience. I loved their Calamity Jane, good smoke, smell and taste.

El Tigre

STRAIN REPORTS

STRAIN REPORTS

Somebody asked me to make smoke reports of the strains I've grown last run, good idea!
Here's my overall thoughts: SOUR CRACK Grows strong, compact & FAST! Really impressed. Smells better during the flowering then into the jar. Sour, musky, oil. Not my favorite taste while vaping. Effect: INDICA. Pleasant, not sleepy in small doses. Almost no head.
SOUR STOMPER Definitely more delicate than the sister while growing. Stretchy and lanky. Sensitive to light stress, got serious yellowing. Despite this she yielded decently, lots of small buds. Smells fruity, spicy/leather. Same on vape. Effect is quite strong, hybrid. Not my favorite. I have more seeds and i'll try to make a better grow of this.

El Tigre

13-02-2019

13-02-2019

Flowering time started this week. SODK grows very tidy and train her is very easy. I expected a more vigorous stretching, but maybe It's still early to say. Some smell appeared, not defined yet. Some yellow tips on the younger leaves. Gave just plain water until now, so maybe soil was a little bit hot. Nothing so bad, i suppose.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Good evening all, man oh man... What a post wow man wow El Tigre you are rocking! I wish i did saw your work before, but well better later than never... I'm going to do a some sort of grow of myself like these in the near future... Simple, cheap and good to grow at least one plant so even if I got any problems what can they do about it... Its just one plant. :)

Just wondering do you always start from seed, did you ever had odour problems, do you think if you have opt to use other type of pots like aeropots or bigger pots could it make a difference in terms of yields? Do you prefer to grow Indica strains or hybrids? Or you prefer autos? Do you still use led from Ikea or choose them according to the stock in your local hardware store? Do you ever considered buying a Led like the following: the Horticulture Lighting Group 100w Single Quantum Board, hlg V2 lights, OPTIC 2 COB 205W? I know that they are expensive but in terms of yields vs the screw type...? What about changing the Led lights position or adding some lateral panels?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What about adding some Co2 release[/FONT]?

From my reads also would like to test the following strains: -EW-2 by Humboldt Seed Organization, there's also those autos and fem versions "ultimate/think big..." by Dutch passion (they seem very big in terms of yield), and the classic Jack herer but there are so many seed banks selling it i don't know if the genetics are the same as the sensi seeds ones. At least the price aren't.

Sorry for the many questions... From my readings i got recommended to read the (Jorge Cervantes’s Grower’s Bible) because it explains everything to do with lighting... Also have read that for odour control you could use Urinal cakes (the white, hockey puck sized, odor-eliminating cakes you see in urinals). Sorry for any bad English :) Keep the good work dude! :) Thank you very much for all your sharing. Stay safe! Peace

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

Good stuff Tigre let's see what's what shall we! Although I can't get my pics uploaded full like he has I too have screw in LED going ......love them! Thankyou to BLYNX here for leading the way! Can't wait to see how these turn out for u Tigre!

El Tigre

Thanks Noknees, happy that you enjoy the show. Sunshine you are right.
Good evening all, man oh man... What a post wow man wow El Tigre you are rocking! I wish i did saw your work before, but well better later than never... I'm going to do a some sort of grow of myself like these in the near future... Simple, cheap and good to grow at least one plant so even if I got any problems what can they do about it... Its just one plant. :)

Just wondering do you always start from seed, did you ever had odour problems, do you think if you have opt to use other type of pots like aeropots or bigger pots could it make a difference in terms of yields? Do you prefer to grow Indica strains or hybrids? Or you prefer autos? Do you still use led from Ikea or choose them according to the stock in your local hardware store? Do you ever considered buying a Led like the following: the Horticulture Lighting Group 100w Single Quantum Board, hlg V2 lights, OPTIC 2 COB 205W? I know that they are expensive but in terms of yields vs the screw type...? What about changing the Led lights position or adding some lateral panels?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What about adding some Co2 release[/FONT]?

From my reads also would like to test the following strains: -EW-2 by Humboldt Seed Organization, there's also those autos and fem versions "ultimate/think big..." by Dutch passion (they seem very big in terms of yield), and the classic Jack herer but there are so many seed banks selling it i don't know if the genetics are the same as the sensi seeds ones. At least the price aren't.

Sorry for the many questions... From my readings i got recommended to read the (Jorge Cervantes’s Grower’s Bible) because it explains everything to do with lighting... Also have read that for odour control you could use Urinal cakes (the white, hockey puck sized, odor-eliminating cakes you see in urinals). Sorry for any bad English :) Keep the good work dude! :) Thank you very much for all your sharing. Stay safe! Peace

Hi Man! Lots of questions, so prepare yourself for a lot of answers LOL I grow always from seed. I don’t have a separate vegetative space and no access to clones.No serious odour problems since I have a carbon filter, but expect some smell at the end of the flowering in any case. Ona helps out, closing door of the closet more.I’m using now a 18 l smart pot and is going well. Aeropots are cool but I won’t spend my money on that. I think that you can achieve a certain average yield for a certain area, on the same conditions. One big or many small plants is the same, just management of more plants is harder.I like growing all kind of weed, never tried a pure sativa yet. I still run my original ikea leds. Sometime I think to upgrade to a cheap quantum board from china, it’s really cheap now. But I’m not sure that advantages worth the effort, at least if I don’t push also other factors like substrate and nutrients. CO2 is a part of that game, so I don’t need it. If you are a newbie, don’t use an auto. Photoperiods are more forgiving to mistakes, before switching to 12/12. Lots of strains out there, got to dig and try. My first grow was a Jacky Whyte (Paradise seeds), was a real nice smoke. I’m trying again one day. Keep Urinal cakes for toilet. :)

Sunshineinabag

Great!! I think I tired a 1028 from paradise seeds! Wonderful smoke biput only had one seed! I look forward to seeing what can be done with our talent pools!

El Tigre

20-02-2019

20-02-2019

Weekly update: things are going well. Young leaves are yellowing, maybe zinc deficiency? With next watering, I'm lowering a bit PH. 30.000 lux at the top of the canopy
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

El Tigre

if it were me, i'd raise/dim the light.

hope she improves

Thanks noknees, i appreciate your opinion! Luckily is still a minor issue, so i don't worry too much. Too much light was my first idea, but measurement at the top of the canopy (30 Klux) was totally into the (lower side) of the range.. So i thought about PH too high. By the way I had raised fixture of 5 more cm (now at 25 cm), hoping for a little more stretching. Plant is really compact (also could be related to zinc deficiency). Now i have 26.000 lux.

Last edited:

noknees

Thanks noknees, i appreciate your opinion! Luckily is still a minor issue, so i don't worry too much. Too much light was my first idea, but measurement at the top of the canopy (30 Klux) was totally into the (lower side) of the range.. So i thought about PH too high. By the way I had raised fixture of 5 cm (now at 25 cm), hoping for a little more stretching. Plant is really compact (also could be related to zinc deficiency). Now i have 26.000 lux.

you were at 5cm before? so two inches? if so, i'm very sure you were too close.

could be my imagination, but i find my meter seems to read the bulbs "differently" when the caps are off. if possible in the future, i would try measuring with the same bulbs--with caps on.

results may surprise you. :tiphat:

El Tigre

you were at 5cm before? so two inches? if so, i'm very sure you were too close.

could be my imagination, but i find my meter seems to read the bulbs "differently" when the caps are off. if possible in the future, i would try measuring with the same bulbs--with caps on.

results may surprise you. :tiphat:

Nokness, i think you misunderstood me :) I was at 20 cm from lights (not 5!!) , now at 25. Blynx made a lot of measurement, so what you are saying doesn't surprise me. If you want to take more measurements, please share results in any case. Speaking of my tent, my doubt is: why my plant is bleaching if the light intensity at the canopy is 30 k lux.

Last edited:

noknees

Yes Gantz, good amount of bud sites for 40 days from seed in my opinion. Some light burn anyway, but i don't care too much because it happens to me every time.

read this (the whole thread also) and it stuck out to me.

Nokness, i think you misunderstood me :) I was at 20 cm from lights (not 5!!) , now at 25. Blynx made a lot of measurement, so what you are saying doesn't surprise me. If you want to take more measurements, please share results in any case. Speaking of my tent, my doubt is: why my plant is bleaching if the light intensity at the canopy is 30 k lux.

i've used the same meter to grow plants under four distinctly different light sources. CFL, SIL, COB and CMH.

SIL is tricky to measure accurately imo. i'm also of the opinion that 40w/ft of "100W" bulbs and 40w/ft of "60W" bulbs are not very similar.

hope that makes sense. (6) :tiphat:

gwc.harvey

This is for all those who speak for speaking and say that you can not cultivate with those lights

Tigre, u ve excellent resaults bro, Enhorabuena!

Sunshineinabag

read this (the whole thread also) and it stuck out to me.

i've used the same meter to grow plants under four distinctly different light sources. CFL, SIL, COB and CMH.

SIL is tricky to measure accurately imo. i'm also of the opinion that 40w/ft of "100W" bulbs and 40w/ft of "60W" bulbs are not very similar.

hope that makes sense. (6) :tiphat:
Can u guys explain to me how much diff the plastic diffuser makes on es it's been taken off say a100w feit screw in led, I love em!:biggrin:

Sunshineinabag

The bulbs are creating a chitton of glandular trichs! i knoe they are super close but i havent seen any ill effects. do u?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 23

noknees

tigre, how's she looking? :peacock:

Can u guys explain to me how much diff the plastic diffuser makes on es it's been taken off say a100w feit screw in led, I love em!:biggrin:

i think you would get a better reception if you actually read the already-posted-100-times answers to the myriad questions you've been asking. also, maybe stop spamming and start your own thread? :biggrin:

sorry, but someone had to say it. :smoke: