What's new

Effective communication skills?

Meraxes

Veteran
Thanks for making Mrs. Merx leave the room guys...I can always count on you to be gentlemen..:laughing:

Bobby Boucher

It's all about perspective, she could be a genius. I mean bath towels after a good run with fabric softener?...probably better than Quilted Northern, could have a sensitive bottom...:biggrin:

LOL. I'm sorry, but that is hysterical. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a compulsive wiper. I don't like poo. I'll wipe my ass AFTER I shower, with paper towel, which I then dispose of. I don't start drying off the rest of my body, face, and hair with it. I don't pass it off to the next guy on the left and say "this should be clean". I throw it out.

Unless you are wiping with wet wipes every day, you're gonna have some residual poo crust in the creases of your sphincter loosening up with all that soap and water, and the last place that shit should be wiped off on is a SHARED bath towel.

I truly hope this helps somebody.

Ready4

Veteran
LOL. I'm sorry, but that is hysterical. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a compulsive wiper. I don't like poo. I'll wipe my ass AFTER I shower, with paper towel, which I then dispose of. I don't start drying off the rest of my body, face, and hair with it. I don't pass it off to the next guy on the left and say "this should be clean". I throw it out.

Unless you are wiping with wet wipes every day, you're gonna have some residual poo crust in the creases of your sphincter loosening up with all that soap and water, and the last place that shit should be wiped off on is a SHARED bath towel.

I truly hope this helps somebody.

I totally agree on that ! A good solution would be to shell out the $6.99 for another bath towel. Having SEPARATE bath towels would relieve some anxiety about the poo....:tiphat:

Wendull C.

Veteran
If my sphinct ain't clean enough to dry after I get out of the shower, I got a bigger problem than towels!

Thanks though Bobby, lmao for the second morning in a row.

Genghis Kush

Anyone have any good books or resources for learning better communication skills and improving already present ones?

I am not talking about making small talk with people, I mean talking to people about business or more serious things and getting your point across effectively, so the other person can take in what was said efficiently without being defensive or offended.

I am slowly learning as I get older many people are horrible with communication, seems especially bad with stoners. My younger brain told myself this was mostly a female problem, however I realize these days it effects everyone.

Many people, myself included will get angry, resentful and frustrated with people, because they don't automatically know what to do or how to do it, almost expecting them to know things without telling them directly what was expected or wrong with what they are doing...

https://play.google.com/store/books...O1&gclid=CIGv4_a05dICFa4afgodxbMNkA&gclsrc=ds

"Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life: Life-Changing Tools for Healthy Relationships"

by Marshall Rosenberg

"Do you hunger for skills to improve the quality of your relationships, to deepen your sense of personal empowerment or to simply communicate more effectively? Unfortunately, for centuries our culture has taught us to think and speak in ways that can actually perpetuate conflict, internal pain and even violence. Nonviolent Communication partners practical skills with a powerful consciousness and vocabulary to help you get what you want peacefully.

In this internationally acclaimed text, Marshall Rosenberg offers insightful stories, anecdotes, practical exercises and role-plays that will dramatically change your approach to communication for the better. Discover how the language you use can strengthen your relationships, build trust, prevent conflicts and heal pain. Revolutionary, yet simple, NVC offers you the most effective tools to reduce violence and create peace in your life—one interaction at a time. "

R

Rox

Thick Face,Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu is my recommendation, it's not just business strategy...

Bobby Boucher

If my sphinct ain't clean enough to dry after I get out of the shower, I got a bigger problem than towels!

That was my gf's train of logic until I made her smell her "clean" poo stamps. Buttholes smell like butthole. Your towel does 90% of the real "cleaning" when you shower in regards to removing all the dead skin and gunk that accumulates throughout the day. If you aren't showering or using a bidet every time you poop (which a lot of people do), residual poo film dries and cakes, and then gets knocked loose in the shower and needs to be removed with abrasion that the side of your hand just doesn't offer.

For those who insist on wiping their asses with the same towel that others dry their faces with.. they sell towels with sides marked "face" and "ass" which I would recommend you look into. Live well. Don't wipe poop on your face.

arse_face_beach_towel.jpg

</poop rant>

Ready4

Veteran
That was my gf's train of logic until I made her smell her "clean" poo stamps. Buttholes smell like butthole. Your towel does 90% of the real "cleaning" when you shower in regards to removing all the dead skin and gunk that accumulates throughout the day. If you aren't showering or using a bidet every time you poop (which a lot of people do), residual poo film dries and cakes, and then gets knocked loose in the shower and needs to be removed with abrasion that the side of your hand just doesn't offer.

For those who insist on wiping their asses with the same towel that others dry their faces with.. they sell towels with sides marked "face" and "ass" which I would recommend you look into. Live well. Don't wipe poop on your face.

View Image

</poop rant>

LOL Thanks for the laughs ! We can all use more of those. Those ass and face towels would sell great at a cannabis conventions , , etc, where stoned people would laugh so hard at them that they would shell out the cash just to have one of their own.
"Poo stamps" = very interesting way of communicating your poo concerns to your significant other. lol
They have these things called washcloths/washtowels. A his and her (separate) one of those daily would take care of the problem.
You could get a bunch very cheap, just use a new/fresh washed one daily. A little extra laundry but worth the minimal extra effort.
Just always remember to use the washcloth LAST when performing the final end task !:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts