What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

LG/

If you had a cut of real sour back then it was a golden ticket. I was paying 450 an oz for it! Now my pounds of her are going for 1500 haha. I miss the old days a bit.
I feel ya. I'm out of the game, not worth it for me anymore (now its just a hobby), but I was talking to a buddy and he told me 1200-1600. Max 16 for top shelf. Ouch. That's in an unregulated market.

Jcue81

Interesting, sour I remember had those peach colored and salmon colored hairs. Hard to say which one is the real cut, I’m about five hours from New York city, and all the sour I used to get looks more like what Jcue has. Your cut definitely looks like an old one, perhaps along the lines of the old AJ, from the looks of it. Does it still have that diesel fuel taste?
@The Baphomet shall not be questioned, lol.

Those pink stigmas darken up if you take her the full 12 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3907.jpeg
    IMG_3907.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 75

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

@The Baphomet shall not be questioned, lol.

Those pink stigmas darken up if you take her the full 12 weeks.
Oh yeah, I’m sure he still has an original, sour d cut, but your cut and his cut are two different ones for sure. I’m just saying that the cut you have has more of those chunky ball calyxes, and looks more to what I remember sour diesel to be. That doesn’t mean that I’m right or that it’s the original cut or anything like that it’s just the one that I remember being most prevalent in my area. Funny thing is, those clones are so similar that they could be sisters, or your cut could be a bag seed of his cut. It’s really hard to say.

LG/

n the prices will get even cheaper... every time a state goes legal, more product comes into the market...
If it becomes federally legal and it can be sold/transfered across state lines legally, its all over for the small folks.
Think about the million lb plus surplus Oregon had...

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

If it becomes federally legal and it can be sold/transfered across state lines legally, its all over for the small folks.
Think about the million lb plus surplus Oregon had...
Yeah, it seems the majority of people around here don’t care about the quality, just the price. I just grow because I like to smoke the absolute best weed that I can, that, and it’s hard to find a really nice, clean quality, sour diesel at a dispensary lol

The Baphomet

Veteran
I'm from NYC been living here for 50 years lol Was Born and grew up in Brooklyn ... I"ve ran the AJ and the ECSD and this one we have now is the best one we ran since I lost the original one I had years ago ...Im not trying to come off as a elite but have grown 1000's of sour plants over the years .. This year makes 30 years growing .. we use to get 7k a unit for sour , and could move as many as I had in a day ..As far as the hairs and look that top pic is under led , it was my first time using them ..I lost a lot of my old pics when my computed died several years ago , looking back I really wish I had back up all my files .

When I first got the ECSD cut from a Friend and member here I told him the first time I ran it that it was different from the original that was being grown in NY back then . And you can still get 4k for properly grown sour here ,but most of the younger heads are into all the bullshit exotic junk ..

Also before the sour D hit the streets the hot cut was the original HP-13 that we were lucky to have and that was a 5-600 dollar a oz cut all day long .

Last edited:

The Baphomet

Veteran
I hear a lot of heads say that sour is not the same or that the cuts are spent .. But its the way they grow them .. Sour is not an easy cut to dial in , she feeds heavy for the first several weeks of flower and is temp sensitive . It's an old cut and like a lot of old cuts they tend to loose vigor . Nowadays I don't really take cuts from people unless I know they run a tight ship and keep their cuts clean .

I have always ran big rooms ,my new spot we are building out is 10000 sf . I ran a 5000sf place for 15 years in the Bronx back in the mandatory minimum sentence days . Believe me when I say that the biggest carbon filters didn't do much when that sour was finishing up...

Last edited:

The Baphomet

Veteran
Some say the sour came from upstate NY and others say it came from Staten Island .. The person I purchased my original had it from the beginning and he did a large grow in a Brooklyn and he said it came out of SI, unfortunately the guy got busted and went away for over a decade

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Some say the sour came from upstate NY and others say it came from Staten Island .. The person I purchased my original had it from the beginning and he did a large grow in a Brooklyn and he said it came out of SI, unfortunately the guy got busted and went away for over a decade
the cut indeed came from staten island.... to be exact , bidwell ave...

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I'm from NYC been living here for 50 years lol Was Born and grew up in Brooklyn ... I"ve ran the AJ and the ECSD and this one we have now is the best one we ran since I lost the original one I had years ago ...Im not trying to come off as a elite but have grown 1000's of sour plants over the years .. This year makes 30 years growing .. we use to get 7k a unit for sour , and could move as many as I had in a day ..As far as the hairs and look that top pic is under led , it was my first time using them ..I lost a lot of my old pics when my computed died several years ago , looking back I really wish I had back up all my files .

When I first got the ECSD cut from a Friend and member here I told him the first time I ran it that it was different from the original that was being grown in NY back then . And you can still get 4k for properly grown sour here ,but most of the younger heads are into all the bullshit exotic junk ..

Also before the sour D hit the streets the hot cut was the original HP-13 that we were lucky to have and that was a 5-600 dollar a oz cut all day long .

Sour is king in New York. I recently got to try AJ‘s sour diesel from black rabbit farms. That dude‘s name is Doug and he was AJ‘s old partner so he got the cut directly from AJ. I had a buddy that sent me some flowers from his grow, and there was hardly any smell. It was like this very light cheesy foot funk smell. It had zero taste. Also, I really hope that what I grow ends up being way more flavorful than the stuff I just had because the last time I got to try good sour diesel was like 2011

Jcue81

Much respect @The Baphomet, good to see more experienced sour grower in Chaco’s thread. I’d love it if you could share more of your experience with sour, specially around what it takes to get her to really throw like we want. What EC range does she like? What were you using for feed on your best sour runs? Appreciate any tips you’ve got for those of us still trying to find what we remember. I’ve been coming up short for sure.

Jcue81

A lot of your pictures and knowledge lives here!
Awesome thread ! , Iv been growing the real sour d for almost a decade . Have 35 that have been flowering for 25 days and another 58 getting ready to go in .
East coast in tha house

Getting some big sours ready for flower in three weeks . Gotta Change those scrubbers every 6 months .

Some sour at 63 days , getting lots of purpling now that it has cooled down .

CHACO and TC , You guys ever read the secret life of plants or any stuff by Cleve Baxter? IF not I suggest you check it out, awesome stuff

I definitely agree that all the magic happens in the last 4 weeks with the sour , especially the smell and weight . I have to go in every two days to tie up the massive tops that are flopping all over the place .
Hers is some organic shots . These plants are in promix with worm castings and dolomite lime and are feed earth juice and High Brix. Really liking the high brix it definitely adds weight to the buds.
left to right - organic sour , organic sour , sour Im smoking right now as I type and the most important piece of equipment we own ,NEW scrubbers a must for growing any Chems ! We try to change them every 6 months .

Getting close , going to chop the tops in a week . This run is coming out real nice the cool nights and the heavy flushing they have been getting are really bring out some colors and we have a few that are definitely pushing 4 z's:biggrin: .
Been spending tons of time lately pulling spent leaves and tying up the floppy colas. I v been running this cut for a long time and I still smoke her every single day ,she has a taste that never will get old to me .

Nice toasted1 !

MP, that sour is trained very nice and training her to have lots of tops is the way to grow her

Some fresh sour getting ready for the jar

Looking good CHACO , wait till they stack they will go trough the roof !

Some lowers

The sour loves to be aggressively trained ,and she will really produce when she is all tops !!

Been puffin on some sour d scissor hash and walking around in a daze for a few days now

looking real nice MP ! what nutes are you using ? I ran earth juice for years in pro mix ,but recently went back to gh flora line .

Nice looking sour TocomaComa. Very healthy, you really got her filled in .

bigwity, When we use GH flora nutes ,I feed grow nutes for the first three weeks then switch to bloom , I feed every other water till I get some run off . We give them koolbloom powder twice, once at 8 and once at 9 weeks then flush for 2 +wks . I find this method really simple and foolproof . To get her to yield correctly you want to train her like MeltingPot has and make sure the roots have room for the stretch .
We ran her using earth juice for years and had really nice grows with it , we stopped using it recently because I hate bubbling it to get the ph in check and it gets pricy with heavy feeding plants and high numbers .

Some just cut @ 12 weeks, super heavy flush on these .

I borrowed some bubble bags from a friend , only problem was they are one gallon and I have many lbs of trim . I have to get some bigger bags just dont want to order them have to find a place that sells them .
Here is some straight sour hash made from bud and trim

mrheadie , the problems I am having with promix has happened twice . For some reason the ph is over 7 and it is causing a lock out of zinc . The growing tips are twisting and the buds dye back and turn brown , after about three weeks of flowering it seems to right itself and the buds start to grow normally but my yield is suffering .

When I ran promix organically with bone ,blood,worm casting ,lime and extra perlite we never had problems and we always pulled more than 2 # per light. But I was never happy with the smoke , it always tasted kinda like ferts no matter how hard we flushed at the end.

With the numbers we run and the high cost of running our spot I cant afford to have problems like this so I will be throwing the 22 bails of promix we have in our veggie garden this spring

Now I am back to GH flora nutes its what I used when I first started growing , it makes awesome buds that burn super clean and the taste is on point . The plants I have in coco are beautiful every leaf has perfect color and the plants veg super fast . I'll post a pic of the really sick plants tonight

Some sours with 4 more weeks to go, and one of 48 sd's in coco this plant is 6 weeks old and has been flowering for one week ,the growth in coco is amazingly fast. Oh and floralicous plus will make your sour super greasy !

Ticalion , I hit her hard with nutes in the first month , she uses allot during the stretch . I feed ,feed, than plain water . Iv grown her using many different ferts and like Floranova the best for pro mix . I use three things only Floranova Bloom ,floralicious plus and KB powder .

Hers a few that will be coming down soon

Allot of people who think they have the sour d actually have the daywrecker and think its the sour ;).....Loads of daywrecker cuts were sold as sour d to peeps from out side the city years ago .....

I ran the real deal AJ cut from the man himself for many years and when it hermied at times I never found a seed in any of the plants and we ran high numbers back then ...

Also having run both cuts I don't see any difference from the two they both came from the same mom foe sure .... ..

AJ SOUR D
picture.php

picture.php

ECSD
picture.php

picture.php

I hear a lot of heads say that sour is not the same or that the cuts are spent .. But its the way they grow them .. Sour is not an easy cut to dial in , she feeds heavy for the first several weeks of flower and is temp sensitive . It's an old cut and like a lot of old cuts they tend to loose vigor . Nowadays I don't really take cuts from people unless I know they run a tight ship and keep their cuts clean .

I have always ran big rooms ,my new spot we are building out is 10000 sf . I ran a 5000sf place for 15 years in the Bronx back in the mandatory minimum sentence days . Believe me when I say that the biggest carbon filters didn't do much when that sour was finishing up...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Abbie, check out my ECSDXSFVOG by MP.I've been running two cuts I have ever since I ran the seeds last winter.I just took this down this morning....yes, my fingers are horribly sticky...
picture.php
always fun to look at the old posts by Chaco... this is the plant that birthed Chaco's Sour Valley. I've been getting the Sour Valley spread around my homies so she sticks around, massive resin dumper and killer high.

Sour Valley

Sour Valleys 9.17.23.JPG

Chaco's Sour Valley 10-7-21.JPG

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran

This is refreshing to read bc most people never had the experience like you have and will tell u all these mythical stories about shit there weren’t here to witness

I’m from the Bronx and I lived on the border of riverdale and the east Bronx my whole life so sour and haze was bread and butter forever ..a trip to audobahn or post was my backyard

I tried to explain to people all the time real deal good grown sour is never enough.. we were so picky about sour in the Bronx one pull could tell us if it’s ass no matter how pretty it was but real deal was sold out and hoarded .. I think u can get 4K from certain places / people .. it has to be a 11/10 type sour cause they can break it down .. them Manhattan spots would for sure cause they sour is ass rn