What's new

ecsd...

Desert Dan

Veteran
MAHA KALA

I agree on the part that the true "DHK" ECSD is the Chaco cut, it was found in the same bag of seeds as AJ clone. Weasel/ Catskills crew popped those seeds back then. But I doubt it actually circulated that much with the DHK tag...

@ Desert Dan : I agree many fake cuts circulated under the name ECSD, most probably came via Rez but I also see people mislabeling AJ for Chaco or Chaco for Daywrecker. It's all mess up unfortunately...

From what I can tell AJ has the tightest nug structure and the easiest to ID… It’s definitely distinctive when you look at photos of other cuts.

-DD :tiphat:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
From what I can tell AJ has the tightest nug structure and the easiest to ID… It’s definitely distinctive when you look at photos of other cuts.

-DD :tiphat:

I fully agree Dan, AJ have a more tight nug structure like you said and also don't show any colors when flushed.

:tiphat:

Booz3

from what I remember he didn't agree with calling it chacos cut, but people got it from him and called it like that. he calls it ECSD... it gets also DHK tag, as devils harves krew spread it around too... it is same cut.

I grew Riri cut from sour diesel ibl, I have never grown it from seed, which is more sour than chaco, but much less fuel. chacos cut is very gassy fuel, it is like sucking pump at petrol station, no joke!

in crosses Riri works much better for me. ecsd works better if it is used as male.

I remember that JJ from top dawg didn't want to work with it as it is not environmentally stable...

hey Maha, do you have chaco’s ecsd back in Europe?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
20220223_114620 - Copy.jpg

;)

RingtailCanyon

Are there any notable sour diesel crosses with haze besides SSSDH? ECSD x Nevs Haze maybe? I'm curious how the highs and aromas combine.

The cut I have came labeled as Chaco😀. It's got a light variegation while in veg.

Are there any notable sour diesel crosses with haze besides SSSDH? ECSD x Nevs Haze maybe? I'm curious how the highs and aromas combine.

The cut I have came labeled as Chaco😀. It's got a light variegation while in veg.

Sour Amnesia (Hortilabs) is Amnesia Hy-Pro x ECSDv3 and is also one of my favourite ever flavours, very imilar to SSSDH. I guess its basically the same breeding line using different parent phenos. Hortilabs also made Sour Joker which is a different cut of Amnesia x ECSDv3. I havent been lucky enough to try that one myself yet though.
SSSDH and Sour Amnesia are two of my favourite strains to smoke of all time. I really love SLH so I think SLSDH could be a really awsome crossing to add to the tree.

RingtailCanyon

Were they sour, lemony? Sweet?
I do have some SLH seeds. They are S1s of a keeper from a pack greenhouse seeds. I don’t like doing STS but I would do it for the right plants.
I read one review of Manipuri and it said it was strong and orange and fuel. I thought that could be a cool cross.

goingrey

It's actually quite surprising how few notable Sour Diesel (f1) crosses there are, with hazes or anything else.

Is it the nanners breeders are wary of? Obviously for the longest it wasn't very easy to get ahold of either.

Were they sour, lemony? Sweet?
I do have some SLH seeds. They are S1s of a keeper from a pack greenhouse seeds. I don’t like doing STS but I would do it for the right plants....

I'm terrible at describing flavours, lol 😅🙈
It is a perfect blend of both parents. If youve smoked SSH and ECSD then you will be able to pick both out in the flavour but they mesh perfectly to become something new and better than both parents (imho). SSSDH has slight sweet and lemon notes whereas the Sour Ambesia is less sweet/lemon and slightly more meatier/fuller, but still the same flavour.
If you have s1's of the 9 week SLH pheno thats similar to Core/Hypro then I'd definitely say do it!! I cant see anything but more fire coming out of that line 🔥🔥🔥😊

It's actually quite surprising how few notable Sour Diesel (f1) crosses there are, with hazes or anything else....

I see Rez has been busy making new SD crosses using Cherry AK, Lemon Royale, Strawberry Cough, Oregon Blueberry and some others.. I think I read that SD works best in crosses when used as the male/pollen donor. (It might have even been in this very thread that I read that though, lol 😅.. Ahhh shit,. I do smoke too much, they're right!! Lol😆😂😂)

Desert Dan

Veteran
I see Rez has been busy making new SD crosses using Cherry AK, Lemon Royale, Strawberry Cough, Oregon Blueberry and some others.. I think I read that SD works best in crosses when used as the male/pollen donor. (It might have even been in this very thread that I read that though, lol 😅.. Ahhh shit,. I do smoke too much, they're right!! Lol😆😂😂)

I’m not an expert on Rez, but I know that I have not heard one good story about the guy from any respected heads… I have heard ample amounts of everything else.

Before the “fiasco” I bought beans, but would never give him the time of day again. I would rather make hybrids with his 2010 IBL myself and donate to the sever fund as a sort of karmic atonement.

Or just buy Karma’s work…

-DD :smoke out:

I’m not an expert on Rez, but I know that I have not heard one good story about the guy from any respected heads… I have heard ample amounts of everything else.

Before the “fiasco” I bought beans, but would never give him the time of day again. I would rather make hybrids with his 2010 IBL myself and donate to the sever fund as a sort of karmic atonement.

Or just buy Karma’s work…

-DD :smoke out:

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
I wasnt there, its none of my business.
I too have heard the stories, (going way back to when the stories were that days news..) But, I'm only interested in his breeding work, which speaks for itself.

goingrey

Yeah, there's some of course. CSI Humboldt has also done a bunch.

mexweed

Veteran
there's lemon tree which was maybe the result of sour herming on lemon skunk

obviously Top Dawg has their sour bx male, they have sour dawg for a male too, I have the sour garlic which is chem sisXsour bx, there's the I80 I95Xsour bx, they also have a DNL bx male they use for hitting all of the chems

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I too have heard the stories, (going way back to when the stories were that days news..) But, I'm only interested in his breeding work, which speaks for itself.

That's really a shame that newbies which were not here when Gypsy got incarcerated in that crappy Manila jail would still support this rat, even after reading the sad story. Don't believe the loud hype this clown is making now in order to get back in the seed biz and be praised again by new growers having no clue of the story or no ethic.

Wait a bit, like Dan said some nice Sour work may end up on Gypsy site one of those days... If you can only wait.

Since the fiasco I also wanted to work my own version of ECSD IBL with his old Sour D IBL as a starting point... I don't think that his new SD "2020" that he sell now is more worked toward the "IBL" status than the old one he sold in the past (it wasn't really a solid inbred line, many phenotypes were found by growers and many agreed that the 2006 batch was better than the 2010 one, basically you paid a high price for instability).

I also had in mind working some hybrids like a V2 of the Sour Amnesia Hortilab made with their SD V3 male. I may have several options for regular seeds to test if all goes well: ECSD X Amnesia Hypro and Amnesia clone only (Core) x ECSD IBL.

Believe me I don't really wanted to promote something I haven't worked on yet but I just wanted to say that eventually there will be more options than Rez or Karma for Sour D. Those projects have been in the back of my mind for more than a decade. Time is always an issue for me.

Peace

Desert Dan

Veteran

Principles > Passion, Greed, or Hype :2cents:

I believe this is everybody’s circus if you are in it for the right reasons…

-DD