What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

Wendull C.

Veteran
Okay, real headband is original diesel to me. I have seen what you mean up that way. A lot of the sour from there isn't real sour d. 707 headband is my all time favorite smoke, but isn't ecsd.

Anyone who knows, is that loompa headband also? If it is, I have some pheno hunting to do.

JetLife175

Veteran
Okay, real headband is original diesel to me. I have seen what you mean up that way. A lot of the sour from there isn't real sour d. 707 headband is my all time favorite smoke, but isn't ecsd.

Anyone who knows, is that loompa headband also? If it is, I have some pheno hunting to do.

The headband and loompas are two different beasts. headband still going strong in Brooklyn for sure. Been trying to pry a cut out of that room.for years with no luck haha.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure those og x sd hybrids are one of the best sd hybrids ever.. I love it. honorably mention of coastal collision by MP, it was bomb, and I didn't grow headbanger, but its pretty popular as well as RP sour kush.. I really thought its the best of sd hybrids sauce. but lately blue diesel got my attention. thats something amazing. so rich in terps with long lasting taste of diesel mixed with blue hash. intensively sour, wonderful!

A

AVOH

sure those og x sd hybrids are one of the best sd hybrids ever.. I love it. honorably mention of coastal collision by MP, it was bomb, and I didn't grow headbanger, but its pretty popular as well as RP sour kush.. I really thought its the best of sd hybrids sauce. but lately blue diesel got my attention. thats something amazing. so rich in terps with long lasting taste of diesel mixed with blue hash. intensively sour, wonderful!

I had a 50/50 pheno of ******s new blue diesel that was so loud of sour and blue berries that buds made u want to eat them like a blue berry muffin lol
I never found a blueberry sour hybrid like that after. I reached out to the breeder but he said they discontinued making them i was heart broken
I think they used the riri cut to make it

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
s a nn i e? I have few beans of riri x f13, if you want it, its yours bro. here is pic of it, grown by IqTyq
picture.php

beta

Veteran

Loompa's 'Headband' is an OG type, he deserves and gets eternal shit for calling it 'Headband'.

Headband aka Daywrecker aka Original Diesel is the dankest Diesel you've ever seen in your life. HUGE yielder, beautiful maroon finish, insane terps, and suuuuuuuuper chronic.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I was hoping its was the same as 707. I had a gift of around 45 seeds from a friend who doesn't like to sort. I love it. But, I have more room than he does.

I had underdawg/ original diesel for years. Great plant, awesome smoke. I was up to 25 or 30 strains and did a mass kill off. You can always find better right? Wrong, I killed a sour from garbrrville that looked exactly the same as sour d that finished in 8 weeks, my blue dream, DJ shorts blueberry, platinum og and many others. Dumb move. Then lost my trainwreck to worker mislabeling. I got the genetic preserve down to a manageable area to produce the massive amounts of clones I needed but in the end I should have made more room and saved my cuts.

I'm talking 4 to 6 kw and 150 sq. Ft for just moms and racks. I dont know to this day why I thought that was a good idea.

People can hate on blue dream all they want. When grown right, it sells fast from the top shelf. I can get it again but never should've killed it in the first place. Very pleasant smoke.

MAHA KALA, that riri x f13 looks delicious.

beta

Veteran
People can hate on blue dream all they want. When grown right, it sells fast from the top shelf. I can get it again but never should've killed it in the first place. Very pleasant smoke.

I agree 100% - I grow Triangle Kush, Original Diesel, GMO, and a bunch of other elites regularly and Santa Cruz Blue Dream will always have a slot or two in every run I do as long as I can manage. It blows my mind that anyone considers it anything other than top shelf. Maybe it sucks when not taken to 10 weeks or there's lots of fakes, I have no clue.

Wendull C.

Veteran
No, ime it was money hungry people putting out shit indoor for years by the ton and the bulk outdoor. It became it's own enemy, grows so well and yields that way too that people grew the shit out of it until no one wanted it anymore.

Robney

I gotta say, from what I saw on the east coast, there was a shit ton of fake blue dream, or really poorly done blue dream, cuz I've seen it a million times, and only once was it that amazing sweet haze.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Damn, that sucks. I have never seen a fake, just piss poor commercial blue dream. When I turned it out it was called platinum blue dream in my outlet until I shamed them to place the correct name on it. We had patients that would donate for nothing else.

I should've kept it for only the breeding potential. Great weed, bad rep. Shit it went as fast as my og and that shit couldn't be kept on shelf for more than a day.

Homebrewer

Veteran
I agree 100% - I grow Triangle Kush, Original Diesel, GMO, and a bunch of other elites regularly and Santa Cruz Blue Dream will always have a slot or two in every run I do as long as I can manage. It blows my mind that anyone considers it anything other than top shelf. Maybe it sucks when not taken to 10 weeks or there's lots of fakes, I have no clue.

I think the problem with a lot of these cuts is that their reputation sets an unrealistic standard that they will never live up to.

Robney

I think the problem with a lot of these cuts is that their reputation sets an unrealistic standard that they will never live up to.

BD is amazing, and if you think otherwise you probably have been smoking on the fake BD. I'm a chem, og, glue, diesel etc person, but I can appreciate that well done, real BD is some top shelf smoke.

The problem with BD is that HSO made seeds, called them Blue Dream, and now everyone has "Blue Dream"

All the fakes I saw highly resembled what I found when I ran HSO's Blue Dream. Yeah it's a sweet berry tasting sativa, but it's not Blue Dream.

BUT BACK TO ECSD... anyone got some ecsd pics?

Homebrewer

Veteran
BD is amazing, and if you think otherwise you probably have been smoking on the fake BD. I'm a chem, og, glue, diesel etc person, but I can appreciate that well done, real BD is some top shelf smoke.

The problem with BD is that HSO made seeds, called them Blue Dream, and now everyone has "Blue Dream"

All the fakes I saw highly resembled what I found when I ran HSO's Blue Dream. Yeah it's a sweet berry tasting sativa, but it's not Blue Dream.

BUT BACK TO ECSD... anyone got some ecsd pics?

I have THE Blue Dream cut. It's a great all around plant with a buzz that is pleasant and approachable. But 'amazing'? No. I wouldn't call it bland but it's certainly not very dynamic. It's not strong enough to make you geek out and it's not heavy enough to knock you out. It occupies a very nice place inbetween which makes it possibly the best commercial weed I've smoked. I'd agree 100% that it's top shelf but amazing? Come on.

Robney

Dude compared to 90% of the bud out there, real Blue Dream is amazing. Just because it isn't in your top 5 doesn't mean it isn't amazing bud. She's not in my top 5 or 10 or 20 at all, but I still appreciate what she does when she's done right. And that incense sweetness was amazing, kinda surprised you don't find her taste dynamic, I thought that was her strongest trait.

But this is an ecsd thread, if you wanna debate the merits of BD, feel free to PM me, but let's get this thread back to ecsd. The pics of her you have in your album are nice! Got any recent ones?

Homebrewer

Veteran
Dude compared to 90% of the bud out there, real Blue Dream is amazing. Just because it isn't in your top 5 doesn't mean it isn't amazing bud. She's not in my top 5 or 10 or 20 at all, but I still appreciate what she does when she's done right. And that incense sweetness was amazing, kinda surprised you don't find her taste dynamic, I thought that was her strongest trait.

But this is an ecsd thread, if you wanna debate the merits of BD, feel free to PM me, but let's get this thread back to ecsd. The pics of her you have in your album are nice! Got any recent ones?

My original comment wasn't directed specifically at BD but 'elite' cuts in general. I supposedly have the AJ sour and to my point earlier, I felt like the hype on that one left me expecting more. We all have our own tastes and to that I'd personally pick blue dream over AJ any day of the week. I don't grow the AJ all that often because I basically get zero patient requests for her and my personal tastes lean more towards clear, feel good, social, functional smoke. I do have an AJ going in soon so maybe I'll post a pic in a few months?