What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x SFV OG bx1

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
update on the coastals! sooo…out of 4 females we had mixed results but one thing remained steady through each pheno. greasy sour kush lemon diesel fuel FUNK!!! all of them smelled great.

my complaints mostly come from their lack of vigor outdoors, its an indoors bred strain so maybe thats why, but all 4 plants really struggled outdoors this years compared to the dozen+ strains i had. 3 of them had fusarium wilt and lost portions of the plant throughout the season. the last one was very airy….

but honestly i still think it's some FIRE genetics and will be running 3 of them indoors again to see how they do. slow to root and slow verger, but the smell and flavor is insane!

one pheno was straight tangerine dream diesel smelling, if you mixed a cali O with a sour, dead on. it was weird because i didn't expect any tangie terpenes.

my favorite pheno aka CC-D smells like gasoline and burnt tires, so funky. when the trimmers were working on her the entire room would smell like gasoline in the air. this is my favorite one so far and am glad i backed her up, she also has a nice denser structure compared to the fluffier ones of the other phenos

anyways heres a pic of two diff phenos, on the right is the CC-D and on the left is CC-A which is more fluffy but also has great sour D/SFV go smell. I'm very familiar with SFV, its one of my faves, and i can honestly say that these two phenos smells like an exact 50/50 SFV OG / ECSD smell!
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tiphat: Thanks for the update, Brother! Nugs look chunky!

Wish they showed a bit stronger for ya, but am glad the smoke is enjoyable. We found one with a nice SFV/sister type of funk, wrapped her flave around yer tongue. Hope they prove themselves inside for ya.

Did ya sift through the SFVxg13/widow?

B

bench warmer

:jawdrop:
That right there is a pack of classic
picture.php

Is this your own creation MP? You always have the most amazing genetics. :respect:

B

bench warmer

Haha! I just reread this thread & realized I'd been in here before (even posted way back too).

Twice as impressed as I was the first time through. There's pure gold in those F2's. :woohoo:

Stardog

Yup, a classic indeed. I had a hell of run with those back when this thread first started up, couldn't find a bad plant in the whole bunch.:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny. I gifted my F1's of these just a few weeks ago. Some of the best genes ever paired. That SFV Bx1 male is the stuff of legends!

I guess I decided, this started things and the same male was used in Lucy. I have Lucy F2's. ECSD x Lucy is a progression of this line. Given I have you modern ECSD x OG/Lucy seeds as well, I felt it only proper to share the vault.

However, an F2 male with OG growth patterns, spade shaped chem leaves, and a bleachy / dill stem rub - would be excellent to play with.

dank.Frank

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep DF, the SFV bx1 was as good of a pack as I've ever cracked. The girls were amazing and were my first real chance at smoking OGK. The guys are just now getting the credit.
There is also an orange-citrus that comes through on certain girls from that specific line. Still earthy, kushy goodness but with an orange backbone. Chaco's "Frisco" clone seemed to be this type and YesProp mentioned finding one, too.
I'm apt to go Lucy x ECSD/SFVbx1 to double down on the special sauce.
ECSD bx1 is also a no-brainer. Lucky for me, it doesn't take many brains to do this stuff!:)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
ECSD bx1 is also a no-brainer. Lucky for me, it doesn't take many brains to do this stuff!:)

That's until you see a new growers grow. Who you've guided and explained what to do and why. Go back a few weeks later and see plants that look so bad, they aren't even worth the trouble of keeping going. Yup, you guessed it. I saw a grow like that yesterday. We just make it look like you don't need a brain, lol.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this cross convinced me to grow diesels. just grew it once, and never got chance to grow it again, but it let some strong imprint in my memory.
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Running through f2s, coming across a lot of explosive node growth. This male takes that to the extreme, as his lowest lead has grown past his top at 30 days after germination.