What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ec, Tds, Ppm

Just_Grow

Depends on your growing method. I have a aero/nft system that most hang at 3.0. There have been times when I wasn't able to get to my room and they had climed to 3.6 when I checked and they were loving it. I think in the future I'm going to run a side-by-side one table my normal routine and one with a lower ec to see the difference. I say if they look healthy don't over think it. Its worse to overfeed than under. You can always recover from the latter. If you are going to raise it go slow.
I just re-read the first post. I have no experience with flood to drain. But if I remember all that I have read those guys run lower levels.

Yea its technically my second run with flood and drain but the first one i was out of town and had a buddy doing half of it. He is usually running high ppm. This round has been all me and i can tell that since i run lower ec i noticed the plants doing a little better. I have a thread on here its titled Ricks new adventure if you want to check it out. But yes i have read alot about f&d and we do run lower ec.

bigdad41296

I dont even run that high i always thought that was to high.. The most i topped out at was about 900 ppm. The ec reads 1.5 right now. Should i try going higher. The plants seem to like it they dont look burnt or anything..

If they don't look burned and look good, then leave it where it's at.

And on the ppm thing if your at 900 ppm on the .500 scale then your ec should be 1.8, anything on the .500 scale, if your ppm on the .500 scale reads 400 then on the Ec should read .8 and 600 ppm on the .500 scale would be 1.2

That's why it's best just to always use Ec scale, then there is no confusion on your end or your post.

Just_Grow

If they don't look burned and look good, then leave it where it's at.

And on the ppm thing if your at 900 ppm on the .500 scale then your ec should be 1.8, anything on the .500 scale, if your ppm on the .500 scale reads 400 then on the Ec should read .8 and 600 ppm on the .500 scale would be 1.2

That's why it's best just to always use Ec scale, then there is no confusion on your end or your post.

That was when i ran ppm.. I dont know ec im just starting it. The ppm i was saying was previous grow. Im trying to use ec now.. Sorry if my scales are off i dont know ec that much. Hell ppm i was barely getting used to.. Now im using ec which is way easier..

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was when i ran ppm.. I dont know ec im just starting it. The ppm i was saying was previous grow. Im trying to use ec now.. Sorry if my scales are off i dont know ec that much. Hell ppm i was barely getting used to.. Now im using ec which is way easier..

thats why i gave you the chart , just take a quick look to see what your ppms translate to in EC .