What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ebb and Flow versus DWC yield

SacredBreh

C'mon the points are not even coming out....

C'mon the points are not even coming out....

The point is what are you best at..... I myself prefer RDWC with large 16 in high reservoirs with the cover drilled out for 4 in pots of hydroton. Top of every few days and never change reservoirs until flush. My bubblers circulate everything and my soup as I like to call it..... boils like water on high boil. I control the height by knowing my strains and starting the 12/12 at the right time and some good LST. Have heard lots of stories and am sure there are those that surpass me in finished grams per watt but have never seen it with my eyes.

600 watts are proven to deliver more lumens to the canopy than 1000s unless you go to the extremes of water cooled hoods and even then the plants bleach in the bright middle spot unless you use movers which I would encourage anyone using 1000s.

Have done every major method from "True Aero at 100lbs/sqin pressure and less than 50um mist... to NTF... to Ebb n Flow..... only Aero gave me 10% more gain...

But all that work with pumps (for every pump in Aero you better have a back up on hand), seperate containers, nuances..etc...etc

FOR ME you can't beat RDWC... all the rest just matters how much you want to tinker for at the most is 10% gains... with all other things being equal..... just depends on the weakest link in your chain.

Peace:comfort:

just master what you are already doing... otherwise you will continue to change things and all you will do is.. 1.. never master anything and 2.. have to build a shed to keep all the gear you replaced with another system.. its all about the lights! i can grow 2 plants on the same tray i grow 30 on, and produce the same amounts... if you cant get an elbow a 1000, then you need improvement..

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Before you start being greedy about mega yields you need to learn more about each system and learn to have each one handled with experience under your belt then make your choice which is a better producer and easier system to maintain.

Your high yield your looking for might also cost you an entire crop if you can't grow and understand the system your useing now and get light rails to distribute your lumens so your yields can get the full potential your plant deserves.

mcattak

I am a pro RDWC bucket system user and im going to switch to Ebb and Flo with no second thought.

I hope this helps.

What makes you pro?????..Why the switch if your pro.....

Holy and Greyskull speak the truth....In order to yield the same amounts with less plants==Plants need to be bigger===600 does not penetrate as much as 1000..

Personal experience tells me that no other growing style (maybe aeroponics) will beat the growth rates seen in a healthy RDWC setup....

mc

better for you to say... ive had my best results in rdwc.... dont speak for everyone.. again, its all about what you master. i can say, ive been growing for 25 years, have used every possible setup.... i have had the best results in soiless..(1.5 lbs per plant) but thats just me. and thats talking about one plant... now ebb and flow. (which i will say iam a master at... ) when it comes to multiple plants in a system.. ive had great results... (4 lbs per 4x8 tray) to me it really comes down to what you master... the size of the room... environment ..lights.. and if you are doing a legal grow, where plants are at a minimum... oh, and if you cant master the lighting and the environment.... doesnt matter what way you grow..
dont let anyone talk ya into their way of doing it.. decide for yourself

dtfsux

The E&F tables are bullet proof, nobody can deny that. You can go 1-2 days with a pump failure and still maintain 90+% of your crop. I have done it several times so I know. Not equipment failures but errors on timers, forgetting to plug pump in etc.

Some will argue but most agree an air pump failure for 2 days in DWC will probably cost you the crop. A chiller issue will probably create a ton of problems as well

There is no way I would switch from tables to any form of DWC.

Obviously this is a commercial op and I have a tad of experience there..... You want to KISS

Here is what I HIGHLY suggest. You take your earnings, save them for a couple harvests, then tell your partner he can DWC, AERO, or fuck himself as you are splitting up. Trust me partners are no good and you do not need a partner for a 3 table op

Here is what I HIGHLY suggest. You take your earnings, save them for a couple harvests, then tell your partner he can DWC, AERO, or fuck himself as you are splitting up. Trust me partners are no good and you do not need a partner for a 3 table op

Best Advice in the thread. Partners only complicate things.

mcattak

The E&F tables are bullet proof, nobody can deny that. You can go 1-2 days with a pump failure and still maintain 90+% of your crop. I have done it several times so I know. Not equipment failures but errors on timers, forgetting to plug pump in etc.

Some will argue but most agree an air pump failure for 2 days in DWC will probably cost you the crop. A chiller issue will probably create a ton of problems as well

There is no way I would switch from tables to any form of DWC.

Obviously this is a commercial op and I have a tad of experience there..... You want to KISS

Yes if you have problems RDWC will go down quick....But if I had a commercial op I would be there everyday so I wouldnt need to worry about pumps and chillers not working

mc

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
rdwc is the shit IMO,i can walk away for a week if desired.

Also IMO i think people make that switch to lower numbers and get same if not slightly higher yield.

It is a pain in the ass of a learning process tho,and a chiller is a must but i love it so far,I think after i get these 5 gal buckets down to a Tee im gonna venture off into UnderCurrent,have you thought about that?? "UnderCurrent"?

Partners=shit...

dtfsux

Yes if you have problems RDWC will go down quick....But if I had a commercial op I would be there everyday so I wouldnt need to worry about pumps and chillers not working

mc

Every single day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

I guess you don't have kids or like to get away

I guess to each their own but I did this to make money and spend MORE time with my family. A properly set up op does not need 24/7 attention.

superusa

Every single day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

I guess you don't have kids or like to get away

I guess to each their own but I did this to make money and spend MORE time with my family. A properly set up op does not need 24/7 attention.

I run RDWC and don't tend to it for about 2 weeks at a time......
regardless of what your growing method is, you can adapt it to require less constant monitoring...

D

DHF

There`s no doubt that a "high flow" RDWC dialed and set up with failsafe devices and proper monitoring will be the hands down winner as far as bottom line yields are concerned for a commercial op using lower plant numbers ....... but ......

Employing longer veg times to produce bigger plants to offset the difference between ebb and flow tables with increased plant numbers that require no veg for close to same yields over a yearly basis of numbers of crops per yr comes into direct conflict between both systems as to what`s bigger and better............

As has been said ......it`s all in what yas get used ta runnin and are comfortable with........Yields come more from dialed environments , proper watts per sq ft , and monocroppin yer ass off till you can`t squeeze another gram outta each strain you run IME..........

Heath Robinson created the first DIY "high flow" RDWC system with waterfarm/aquafarm units growin 2 1/2 lb plants in 2 gal buckets many yrs ago , so it only stood to reason that someone would go with bigger containers and pumps for a bigger plant system like Doubled`s or undercurrent designs.........

Ebb and flow tables are bulletproof and will produce faster on a yearly timeframe , but yas need a clone factory to feed the beast.........It`s all bout tradeoff`s guy`s........

Ain`t no magic carpet rides , but IME the less workin parts the better thus Ebb and flow would win hands down.......given said clone factory was in place but that`s just me.........

Take care........DHF........

*mistress*

Veteran
9o-86=4...

9o-86=4...

0 = lyght
X = pl@nt

0 X 0
0 X 0
0 X 0
0 X 0

or...

0 0 0
.X X

0 0 0
.X X
0 0 0

= 4 pl@nts using 4.8k... or w/ 5.4k...

Last edited:
D

DHF

Gotta luvs yas mistress , but with the setup already in place to supply 30 rooted cuts per table 3 times , I`d haveta go with the numbers game and the lack of any vegtime , along with the ability to be a staggered harvest and pull 4 lbs per month minimum once dialed , set in place , and then some IME........

To set up RDWC now would be a huge mistake just to challenge yields per sq ft and lower plant numbers , and on top of it all..........Why you got a partner..........3 can keep a secret if 2`s dead and gone........

Kept me safe for 15 yrs........Holler if I can help .....No disrespect intended......only knowledge guaranteed..........

Peace.....DHF........

Nevi

When I started go hydro I chose Ebb and flow,because it was easy and had good results.Now after awhile,its obvious that DWC is yielding more,but I have gotten fond of my set up,so I stay with it,but in my mind there are no doubt that DWC yields more than almost everything else.

When I started go hydro I chose Ebb and flow,because it was easy and had good results.Now after awhile,its obvious that DWC is yielding more,but I have gotten fond of my set up,so I stay with it,but in my mind there are no doubt that DWC yields more than almost everything else.

Better than a low/no veg true SOG?