What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eating raw pot ?

Painfull

Does anyone eat mj buds raw? And what are the effects. I always though that you had to make like cannabutter or something fat soluble with MJ. On the discovery channel on a program called weeds a med. user was eating raw MJ and said he eats it raw at times and gets good relief. Maybe with a glass of whole milk? I would think it would upset ones stomach or get them sick.

Pain

mapinguari

Veteran
I call BS on that guy on the show. The little hairs on cannabis make it hell to hork down. And then what? I really doubt that part was legit. Just like the guy on Weed Wars who tried to light the bottom of his glass pipe. For reals?

MMAjay420

well i remember reading that when they did his autopsy, Bruce Lee had cannabis in his system. it was said that he used to kind of chew on a bud and swallow the juices, similar to chewing tobacco because he found it helped relieve the soreness in his muscles from training all day long. if it worked for the Dragon, i dont see why it wouldnt work for the rest of us, but he was pretty superhuman in his abilities so who knows.....

dreaded

Juice it is correct...... I have read.... some people juice raw cannabis & it is a dietary supplement.
Interesting read..... cannabisinternational.org/
I didn't know that the u.s.government had patents on cannabis.

unspoken

I don't know about eating dried flowers, sounds nasty, but I have definitely seen people juice it then dilute it with fruit juice etc. I guess the benefit is that you can eat a lot more raw cannabis and get more of the cbd/other medicinal benefits that are in low supply when eating small doses that will get you high like in most edibles.

The_Protege

If you picked it the same day and didn't mind the taste it would be just like any other vegetable and you wouldn't get baked. Put it in a salad or whatever.

But as soon as it dries... Then it becomes psychoactive and you will get baked. I wouldn't eat too much at all if its dry because you will get more stoned than you have ever been.

Its something about the acids in the cannabinoids. You know CBG CBC CBD THC... When the plant is fresh they are in THCa (acid) form and when it dries or is heated it converts to THC and becomes psychoactive.

Fresh non dried or heated its not psychoactive and you can have like 60 times the dried dose. I dunno for sure if its 60 but its a big number. Research...

Good vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgEP9FdIzT8

MMAjay420

Im totally seeing the opening scene of Super Troopers here.....

"You must have eaten, like, a hundred bucks worth of pot, and, like, 30 bucks worth of shrooms man."

PIZZA GUY

I say make smoothies like a green smoothie bet it kicks your ass i'm going to give it a try .
A SOUR BUBBLE smoothie YAY!!!!

unspoken

I saw a soma "anti-radiation" smoothie made with bubble on youtube the other day. Too much health food type stuff for me, but a good fruit smoothie with bubble would be right up my alley.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Always wanted to bite a cola....lol never did..... I was watching that shit the other night to and was like wtf dude just ate a nug ..... Well I guess ima try it and see.... Not like I'll miss a g or 2 ....
That super troopers is funny as hell no matter how many times I seen it ..... Then snazzberries taste like snazzberries...lol

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
dryed raw buds soaked in olive oil and or covered in peanutbutter on a cracker ,called fire cracers the oil helps activate the thc,i find if weight is of no concern the drying on a dehydratoe ak48 that it gives a great boost to potancy ,this may not hold true for all strains

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I have one med. patient to whom I occasionally supply the whole freshly picked plant, roots and all. She juices most of it and freezes what she cannot consume right away in ice cube trays.
Treetops started a thread with some good info. on juicing cannabis and it's benefits in the med. forum.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=252692

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Decarboxylation is necessary to activate THC to be effective.

Smoking it decarbs using heat.

Eating it requires heat or acidulation to decarb.

Painfull

Just looking for the easiest way to get high/stoned without the hassle of making butter or edibles and some pain relief. Juicing the leaves is said to have the most CBD's not the buds with no psychoactive effects. Best for med. users.

Painfull

The_Protege

Just looking for the easiest way to get high/stoned without the hassle of making butter or edibles and some pain relief. Juicing the leaves is said to have the most CBD's not the buds with no psychoactive effects. Best for med. users.

Painfull

Take half a gram and swallow it...

Report back and and tell us how it went.

Or better yet swallow half a gram now and do a "live report".

Latest posts

Latest posts