What's new

Easyryder

taslicker

update

update

Just a few pics to show how there getting on.

The buds are still bulking up so until they stop growing I wont be flushing .
phallus.jpg
Bell Clear Oil

They are now 2 and ½ foot high and still growing but slowing down now so maybe they wont reach 3 foot.
Still not bad for autos.
I put that down to the DWC method and the love and care the’ve had. I made sure every day that the PH and EC were always in range and I think the mighty bubblers in the buckets has given them loads of oxygen. Its been a struggle to keep the temp (bucket and air) within range but lucky the weather has helped with a mild autumn.

I think they still have several weeks to go before I start flushing so maybe another month to finish .
frosting up.jpg

benjuanman

Veteran
Nice grow you got happening taslicker. Good to see how much vigour them plants have. Thnx for sharing.

taslicker

clear and cloudy

clear and cloudy

took a close up pic to check how the trichomes are going.
they look clear/cloudy to me.

does this means the buds wont grow much bigger?
there are lots of buds but no really killer BOM entries.
could be because i kept the light too close or maybe genetic.

anyway i'm thinking if the buds ar'nt going to get much bigger i'll go for a long flush and try and improve the THC/CBD profile.

i'd appreciate your advice guys.

clear and cloudy.jpg

taslicker

clear and cloudy

clear and cloudy

took a close up pic to check how the trichomes are going.
they look clear/cloudy to me.

does this means the buds wont grow much bigger?
there are lots of buds but no really killer BOM entries.
could be because i kept the light too close or maybe genetic.

anyway i'm thinking if the buds aren't going to get much bigger i'll go for a long flush and try and improve the THC/CBD profile.

i'd appreciate your advice guys.

View attachment 163711

benjuanman

Veteran
When they start to turn amber this means that the plant is coming to an end of its life cycle. So they have a bit to go yet. I usually pick when there is about 10% amber. When theyre clear/cloudy it will give u more of a sativa head buzz and when theyre amber it will give u the indica couchlock buzz. Each person has their preference depending on what they prefer. Here is link that should explain it a bit better.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=142070

taslicker

update

update

this is the best part of the grow
all those lovely buds full of frosting. :woohoo:
here is the whole cab.
the cab full.jpg

lovely ain't it :biggrin:

and who said Autos were small.
these are almost 3 feet tall
over 800mm.jpg

and a closer one of the buds
they aint the biggest but there are trichomes even on the stems of the fan leafs. so lots of good quality trim for butter and cooking :)

field of dreams.jpg

Mt. Goat

Nice man, looking good. I have a couple easyryders several weeks behind yours, I'll be interested to see how the smoke is.

C

cvk

Easyryder is some very strong and tasty weed. Mine from the 2009 batch had a nice mild grape and strong blonde hashy taste and was a one hitter quitter. All who smoked it fell in love with that weed but it will take at least 12 weeks to ripen enough to chop. You all will enjoy it as much as we have.

taslicker

Nice man, looking good. I have a couple easyryders several weeks behind yours, I'll be interested to see how the smoke is.

Have you had a sample yet?
well MR G and BC i have sneaked a bud or 2 :biggrin:
there is a lot of the AK47 in the smoke, even this early. fully matured and cured i think it will be
a one hitter quitter.
but it will take at least 12 weeks to ripen enough to chop.
thats what i was afraid of cvk. but i'll hang in there till i see a good bit of amber.

and I'm glad you appreciate my work Mr Bud+ (or Ms Bud+ as the case maybe :tiphat:)

cfo

smoke report?

smoke report?

Easyryder is some very strong and tasty weed. Mine from the 2009 batch had a nice mild grape and strong blonde hashy taste and was a one hitter quitter. All who smoked it fell in love with that weed but it will take at least 12 weeks to ripen enough to chop. You all will enjoy it as much as we have.

I'm curious about the quality of high with your grow. I grew Super Cali Haze and Easyryder outdoors last year. I have been impressed with the SCH but no so much with the Easyryder. It does have a very distinct fruity aroma which is good but it just seems to take way more to get stoned than SCH (both auto's).

J

J.C.grower

wow tas! these ladies are looking soo big and bulky, great job man! i really want to go with an auto strain next time, and this looks like is gonna be my lucky pick. great job with the dwc setup, i also would like to try this some day, just looks like lots of on point service to do.

anyways, your buds/grow is unbelievable , keep it up man! :respect:
Stay fligh
JC

taslicker

I'm curious about the quality of high with your grow.
so am i cfo :)
so far the indications are of a strong balanced high but the finished product isn't finalised yet.
i have med needs for pain relief and sleep so i'll be letting them run till i see a good bit of amber.
so less cerebral high than you might like.
if i'd known the Easyryder were so long finishing i would have grown some Master Kush which is more my type med smoke.

anyways, your buds/grow is unbelievable , keep it up man!
respect.gif
thank you for your kind comments JC.

i didnt do anything creative, just follow the guidelines, keep within the ranges for EC, PH, Temps etc.
DWC gives a big result.
its all the oxygen, each bucket has its own aerator and this superchargers the plants growth.

taslicker

new pics

new pics

just a quick update.
i cleaned out the undergrowth to help air circulation and you can see the general structure of the plants with one or two bigger colas and lots of medium sized buds.

the third plant is hiding behind the middle panel :)
bulking up.jpg

this bigger bud in the pic below is about the same height and width as a 750ml beer bottle.

big n ugly.jpg

no amber trichomes yet so they stay till i see some amber.
i'll post some more after the weekend.

taslicker

flushing

flushing

I've taken a bit of a gamble and started to flush them.
there 10 weeks but still only cloudy.
if i wait till i see amber i might be waiting another week or more.

so i started the flush and it will be for 2 weeks.(or more if i can get away with it :))
hopefully the stress of starvation will help the amber along.
sort of say "hey sister your dying. better get a move on."

they wont be pretty when i get to the 'chop' and they may have lost a bit of bulk but its quality i'm after.

more pics soon

C

cvk

I'm curious about the quality of high with your grow. I grew Super Cali Haze and Easyryder outdoors last year. I have been impressed with the SCH but no so much with the Easyryder. It does have a very distinct fruity aroma which is good but it just seems to take way more to get stoned than SCH (both auto's).

Had some Rez Killer Chem, Cali Conn Tahoe OG n some Dr Greenthumb's Chemdog X LA Kush and they were all strong but not quite at strong as the Easy Ryders.

Latest posts

Latest posts