What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

TheDarkStorm

Hi Raho
I am afraid the info you can gather on field in real life out of the internet is not available to everybody, otherwise we wouldnt be here talking about it
I was a handicraft hunter for 25 years in Asia before I changed profession. I started in the 20th century well before all these kids started hunting for cannabis seeds.
I wouldnt mind going back and do it again but life takes you/shows you different paths and one of the little freedoms we have is the choice which path to follow and now I am following the growing path which I find very interesting and something to renew myself and create neurogenesis. To go back to Asia for hunting whatever good/merchandise it might be would be a step backwards in my path of evolution, not many new things to learn in that path for me

So somehow I can consider the seed hunters colleagues and I didnt say the work they do is easy but I think if you enjoy the work you do then any difficulty that might arise can be afforded with ease.
Like phoenicians I have no emotional attachment to goods and I do value the goods for what they are worth. If they cost paisas(cents of ruppee) then thats what they are worth at origin.

A price is an agreement between buyer and seller. If seller finds buyers willing to pay 1000s times the real value of his goods, that the seller ability and price doesnt reflect the quality of the goods at all

I am finnishing growing Manipuri and Ukhrul from the competition, I am certainly curious about other people point of view on these. After I smoke them I tell you what I think of these varieties, in the meantime I told you what I think on their pricing plus added commentaries from the competition. It is all coming from the same area from whatever seller so plants are similar, like any other asian trader, they copy each other, so plants, highs and the bullshit must be similar

If these varieties would be real strong, Manipur state would be infested with tourists. For sure VangVieng is infested with tourists when travel is unrestricted
The ganja the hippies found in Goa in the 70s is gone long ago
Since the 80s India and the Himalayas are famous for charas but not for ganja. Ganja in India doesnt have any high, please ask more travellers about this fact without emotional attachments to it, because India arises passions on people and reason seems to be relegated to second/third place

There are some very potent cultivars in south india, so not all the weed is for gardah or charas. Granted some of the best is not easily found but their some varieties that are used mainly just for flower....I believe the chella kuti comes out of one of these lines as does the sheelavati......these lines have branched off from ancient potent lines that are stil around....maybe not in the exact forms of the past as cannabis evolves and adapts quite rapidly....but still very potent lines are over there with ancient blood lines.....its not easiy for outsiders to come and see these let alone aquire them in there best forms.....
I do agree with funky horse on pricing....raw landraces from the field with seeds that still have all sorts of plants in such as day neutral or hermie, mutants or very weak hay like plants still in them that farmers are getting pennies for a kilo.....yet there sold for a ridiculous mark up, sometimes to the point of one round of collections can make the person actually selling these lines to the west hundreds of thousands of pounds of profit after all the costs.....thats hundreds of thousands in your currency never mind whats its worth and converts to over in these countries.....the recent project were they were charging a grand or few for a small amount seeds that wouldn't even fill a dime bag made these guys more money than someone working a decent job in india in ten years couldn't earn.....trust me if these guys havent become millionaires in their country in the one or two years they've been doing this by now...well they very soon will be.....and I guarantee you the farmers who these actual seeds come from are still slugging it out doing 16 hour days trying to feed their families.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ideally the farmer or breeder of these lines would get the most money out of the deal. That does not often happen. On getting the really good lines or seeds, that is not so easy I would think. The best is mostly rare and hard to get in seeds or other things in the world. funkyhorse got no good flowers in India, that is likely what would happen with me if I went there.

mustafunk has no good words for any landrace seed seller, maybe RSC? That may be because none of them are honorable, hehe. But that is what I have read over the years from him. RSC has more competitors now and it must affect his income. That does not mean ILE and others were not in fact doing bad things, just that he is not a impartial person.

Raho

Veteran
That's funny Funky.
After saying that their seed prices were "midday robbery", Now you turn 180 degrees and say that the price of a pack of seeds is between the buyer and seller.
Must be nice to live so comfortably on both sides of an issue like that.

I've re-read that old thread you linked. Remember reading it when it was first posted.
It's been 3 years since then.
Frankly, I haven't heard anything negative about the work those guys are doing since then.
As a matter of fact, there has been a profound absence of drama about all of the people mentioned in that other thread since it died out 2 years ago.
There has been a LOT of positive attention on Irrazinig's work since his potcast interview, and the documentation of his Durand line project is just excellent.

You'd think the absence of any evidence of bad intent over the course of the last 3 years might inspire people to reconsider what they thought they knew about someone they didn't know on the other side of the world?
Certainly if Irrazinig was the dishonest exploiter you suggest he is, there would be some evidence to support it besides old, unsupported (no links) aspersions from a competitor and cynical speculation from people who had no experience with them.

Please do us all a favor and keep the unsupported negative talk about Irrazinig to yourself.
That kind of nonsense may deter someone actually growing the seeds from sharing their work here.
Thanks

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a pic of my 3 Manipur females but it got deleted and was not anything special anyways. They are just showing sex with one not even that at one month into flower. I pollenated them with a male today. Hope for seeds. They will produce almost no smoke with the seeds as they are tiny potted plants. Just doing this round to see what I have in genetics. Had one hermie that I am drying now and will smoke in a couple days. Not sure if the hermie is genetic or my space for the plants having no top to it. I have them in a mostly dark room with no direct light hitting the plants, so not sure.

The Oaxacans both hermied as well. I put one Oaxacan outside and it was a complete hermie after a couple months, so I am thinking genetic hermie. I have a tent but am growing a bit more than it can hold so I have plants kept in the corner of a dark room with cardboard all around it and no overhead light other than the growlights.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoked a few hits of a fan leaf from the Manipur hermie plant. Got a solid buzz, little racy at first and no noids. This is not hay for sure if a fan leaf from a immature plant gets a decent high from it. All sativa effect and no body or crash. Not a LSD effect but that only happens when tazz smokes his Mekong '69 and it lays him out for a day. Early days testing says this is legit and worth a try for those wondering about it.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked some more of the Manipur and like it more and more. It is functional weed. It has a spacy vibe when you get enough but not a weird vibe, so not trip weed exactly. Put the Burma and Cambodian seeds into paper towels. I cracked them if they would crack and a little sanding and also hydrogen peroxide before all that. Temps here are perfect to germinate seeds. Hot in the day and never below 70 at night really well above 70. Should get at least a few to grow I think. These landraces are made by people that have to physically work a lot so the weed is made to assist that, or so I think.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I got all the Manipur stuff wrong. The plants I have going are the same as Wes has. I just have not seen the blue buds yet. It is strong and nice. The seeds I am popping are called Mong Hsat which I guess is in Burma, just over the border from India. Not much info on them. The info on the ILE site has two Manipur strains and that is what threw me off. The Mong Hsat is now going!!

No wonder I got a good high off some lousy fan leaves. This is the most psychoactive strain according to ILE or so I am told.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to keep putting confusing posts into this fine thread but will do another. I looked on a map and Mong Hsat is in east Burma and not on the border with India at all. It is very close to Thailand. Like 15 miles away. All very exotic and fun to grow. I guess the one already going is gonna be the best of them but we will see. Another confusing thing was that although the Burma or Mong Hsat is in Burma and is named Burma Valley, it is also listed as being from India below that.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the Mong Hsat/Burma and Cambodian seeds from ILE did not pop. I placed them in dirt after 4 days in paper towels. Been a few days and nothing yet. The fan leaves of the Manipur continue to give me a good sativa buzz, if short lived. Hoping the buds of the Manipur are better than the fan leaves and the rather intense sativa high is still there with them. The Manipur is taking forever to flower and is going to yield next to nothing, but have some seeds on the buds. Also ordered another pack of the Manipur just in case.

Right now, the fan leaves of the Manipur are beating the buds I have of Panama, Colombian Gold '72 that were sealed and put in the fridge or freezer. It is more intense and sativa or trippy in nature. Early days so we will see what the future holds for this strain.

Im'One

Does anyone have knowledge or opinions on the difference between the freebies of Manipuri and the sold Manipuri from RSC I believe they were two different kinds.

Cactus Wes

Final Thoughts
Now that the plant Is dried and cured, and I have smoked enough of it; I would like to share my blunt opinion.
-In terms of yield, this particular pheno was full sleeve-kolas, a very high yielding plant. I see alot of potential for breeding for that trait.
-The smell was very nice all through the grow.
I was expecting that smell to stay in the bud after dry and cure. I took as long as I could with drying.
The smell went from ginger beer to eucalyptus. That's two different flavour's and one conflicting opinion. Lol
-The taste is woody and faint eucalyptus/mint. I like to roll up big joints with 1 1/4 hemp zigzags to attain as much flavour as possible. The shake leaf has a flavour, branchy stems are woody, and the calyxes and hairs are the source of the eucalyptus/mint taste.
-The Bag Appeal scores a solid ZERO! Lol. However, knowing this to be the case; one could COB cure or tigh-Stick for the presentation of flower. Totally worthy of being bricked.
-The high is a THCA buzz, so great for day time. It doesn't do mind-lock but rather is uplifting. I smoke a few big fatty's during the day; and I stop and evaluate the buzz scientifically, and ask my self ..." Am I high?" And the answer is "yes I am lifted."
It's not a sedative I find. It doesn't sag my eyes.
And I find after smoking THCA all day then smoking something with CBD in it, completes a sort of entourage effect and hits harder heavily.

My trim bin has been handy catching crystal for sprinkling into joints, which tastes the best by far.
I rolled 1/3rd of the crop into sticks for storage and burned the rest slowly in fat joints. I find this weed is acceptable to mix into joints with other weed, beefs up joints and adds to the entourage effect of the buzz.
20210712_202636.jpg
20210712_202817.jpg

Attachments

• image_2057056.jpg
    image_2057056.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image_2057057.jpg
    image_2057057.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Hello. Just chiming in. I have four Bokeo that hatched, out of 10 (which is the ratio RSC gave for germination, e.g. 40%). They're vigorous. I have them in 1 gallon pots and am going to put them outside soon enough. I also have 4 Manipuri that are going crazy. One's a male, but the other three might be female. I"ll keep y'all up to date.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Here's one of the Manipuri. This one is smaller and more stout than the others three (one of those three is a male, btw)
7-15 manipuri.jpg

... and these are the Bokeos (Please let me know if there's a better place to put Bokeo pics, if not here)
they def need to be up-potted
7-15 bokeo.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to pull my Manipur early as I had a nute lockout and one was dead. So anyways I tried a larf type bud and got a super racy and intense effect. Was not expecting it to be so strong, just 3 hits or so. This may be the most sativa in effect I have had so far.

Buzz lasts longer than the Kullu or Chella, at least so far. I am more interested in this strain than the other Indian lines at this time. I got so sped up after smoking that it was a bit of a trying time for me. Survived, hehe. Maybe Wes has more tolerance but this stuff blew me away. Early days so that can change. Hard to describe the effects right after smoking but I was reminded of Star Trek when they go into warp speed. Very strange as thoughts/sensations pile up on each other with no time to examine each one.

Early days though, hope it keeps being intense like this despite some discomfort with the effect.

zaprjaques

I had to pull my Manipur early as I had a nute lockout and one was dead. So anyways I tried a larf type bud and got a super racy and intense effect. Was not expecting it to be so strong, just 3 hits or so. This may be the most sativa in effect I have had so far.

Buzz lasts longer than the Kullu or Chella, at least so far. I am more interested in this strain than the other Indian lines at this time. I got so sped up after smoking that it was a bit of a trying time for me. Survived, hehe. Maybe Wes has more tolerance but this stuff blew me away. Early days so that can change. Hard to describe the effects right after smoking but I was reminded of Star Trek when they go into warp speed. Very strange as thoughts/sensations pile up on each other with no time to examine each one.

Early days though, hope it keeps being intense like this despite some discomfort with the effect.

I had a similar buzz off my TRSC Manipuri.
I harvested the top that was fully seeded when seeds started to fall out by themselves. So i guess it might have been developed a bit more than larfy buds, still looked larfy though hehe.
It totally cought me by surprise, rolled a pinner with leaves and thin stems and all that stuff in it not expecting much.
Also my most 'sativa' experience up to date.
No body to it except the headband feeling, eye pressure(?) and a bit of butterflies in my stomach for the lack of a better description.
At first i found it hard to get on top of it.

I am very curious about the remaining plant that i harvested and is currently drying.
It has bracts in various stages of development because i repotted it 2 months ago and it jumped up right back at me.
Made the mistake of thinking she was done while she was actually starving to death.
VERY stable plant, i pretty much tortured it and not a single nanner.

Have about 100 seeds made with her and 3 different Lebanese pollens from ACE.

image_2062959.png

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am almost reluctant to smoke the little I have of the Manipur. I will soldier on though. hehe It is not a smoke to relax with at all. The Kullu Valley is kicking my ass now. It is speedy but not at the level of the Manipur. 3 small hits of the Kullu and I was having flashbacks to the best Mexican during the 70's. Same kind of high when I rarely got some really kickass smoke, never bought any just a shared joint every time. Tolerance might have played a role too. I would take 3 or more lungbuster hits of the Mexican though. Not 3 small hits.