What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great report Wes. Just one bud so other plants could be more potent or resin on them? I do not believe in curing for months or years, but you got a really fresh bud, could be with a bit more time in cure that the effects would increase. In any case, it did the trick for you. That is old time sativa for sure and what was considered top shelf in the sixties and seventies, before then too.

Good to hear it is all in the head, that is what ails me, hehe. India is one of the last remaining places to have such remote villages to access such strains. I would rather drink bourbon than smoke heavy hybrids or indica, and I do.:tiphat: I would like to take credit for you sampling a bud early but it sounds like you were thinking the same thing as me.:bow::jump:

Cactus Wes

Great report Wes. Just one bud so other plants could be more potent or resin on them? I do not believe in curing for months or years, but you got a really fresh bud, could be with a bit more time in cure that the effects would increase. In any case, it did the trick for you. That is old time sativa for sure and what was considered top shelf in the sixties and seventies, before then too.

Good to hear it is all in the head, that is what ails me, hehe. India is one of the last remaining places to have such remote villages to access such strains. I would rather drink bourbon than smoke heavy hybrids or indica, and I do.:tiphat: I would like to take credit for you sampling a bud early but it sounds like you were thinking the same thing as me.:bow::jump:

The anticipation was getting to me.
I was so surprised the high was like the description. I was so blown away. It was such a throw back feeling.
I 've got my fingers crossed for good progeny.

bleepboop

Nice! Hats off for your patience. I took Ukhrul 18wks & Manipuri 20wks. You're definitely in the final stretch now.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
The thing about seed shells is old ones harden which can prevent germination. But sometimes even with new ones when the wet shell does crack and allow the germination to begin, if the root pushes the shell up out of the soil (or wet towel) into the air, the seed shell can dry out and harden again making it so the seedling can't push it open and spread the first two leaves. So, with hard to germ seeds try to keep the seed shell wet so it stays weak and the seedling can get it off.

Yeah sprinkle water on the the seed shell if it refuses to fall of. That'll soften it. You might still need to help it but it'll go off much easier.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have 9 sprouts of Manipur going, should be ok I think. All in the dirt. The Seed Source is sending me a replacement pack of Cambodian, one time only they said. I know they do not have to do that, I think the breeder is on the hook for failed seeds and even then it is a crapshoot. I do not do social media and have no email for Irrazinig or ILE. The Seed Source was the only place with ILE seeds for sale, other than ACE, which currently does not ship to the US.

The Cambodian will have to wait, I am full up in my small space for growing. Not sure if it helped but I soaked the Manipur seeds in hydrogen peroxide 3% for 5 minutes and then rinsed the seeds and into the wet paper towel.:dance013:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Seed Source just emailed me that I was the only one to get such a deal. I had said I would mention the replacement and how nice they were on the pot sites, but they got a little worried when I said I was going to tell everyone.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I have Lolab Valley and a couple others coming from them today. I notice that Mandala also has a few of the ILE packs but a small selection...

romanoweed

Remember the Cambodain by Deta9Labs, called Mekong? It almost never sprout, multiple People tried. However i heard one Person mentioning they sprout, he said he cracked them all at day 1. Probably this would help, since i dont see any downgrades cracking beans.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Remember the Cambodain by Deta9Labs, called Mekong? It almost never sprout, multiple People tried. However i heard one Person mentioning they sprout, he said he cracked them all at day 1. Probably this would help, since i dont see any downgrades cracking beans.

I must have cracked at least 30 of those. Got a little swelling, then nothing.

romanoweed

someone on icmag had a Southamerican swamp Variety. did sprout but died after two Leaves, until he found Charts for Soilcomposition at Origin. Then it worked when he imitated Soil..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I must have cracked at least 30 of those. Got a little swelling, then nothing.

I used this method on some old seed and went from 0 germ to high 30% germination rate.

boil water and let it cool fill a 1lt bottle and add 20 mil of coconut water shake.

Soak seed for 24 hours in the mix then place seed in chux super wipes (What i use ) / Popper towel what ever method you normally use wet with the same mix.

Temp should be around 28 c to 30 c.

Hope it helps.

Cactus Wes

I used this method on some old seed and went from 0 germ to high 30% germination rate.

boil water and let it cool fill a 1lt bottle and add 20 mil of coconut water shake.

Soak seed for 24 hours in the mix then place seed in chux super wipes (What i use ) / Popper towel what ever method you normally use wet with the same mix.

Temp should be around 28 c to 30 c.

Hope it helps.

Interesting, I like the coconut water idea.
Thanks for the tip.

Cactus Wes

So I have 9 sprouts of Manipur going, should be ok I think. All in the dirt. The Seed Source is sending me a replacement pack of Cambodian, one time only they said. I know they do not have to do that, I think the breeder is on the hook for failed seeds and even then it is a crapshoot. I do not do social media and have no email for Irrazinig or ILE. The Seed Source was the only place with ILE seeds for sale, other than ACE, which currently does not ship to the US.

The Cambodian will have to wait, I am full up in my small space for growing. Not sure if it helped but I soaked the Manipur seeds in hydrogen peroxide 3% for 5 minutes and then rinsed the seeds and into the wet paper towel.:dance013:

Seeds that don't crack or seedling that die off; Sucks
I saw somewhere someone take a film container, line it with sand paper for scoring the shell.
Roll the seed around in the container a bit then wash it and sow it.
The best method I found so far that I employ is run boiling water through the soil/soiless mix, and wash/soak seeds in peroxide like you. That has raised the odds of germination for me significantly. I find beneficial's thrive in the media after "semi sterilizing" your mix with boiling water. I see a notable increase in mycorizea culture on the roots and vigour in the plants since I began paying attention to sterility in germination.
Anyways...

9 Manipur's you say?
You are going to be busy, keep us posted.
For myself; next time I'm not gonna veg this cultivar. It takes up too much real estate in a tent. With the reduced light hours I can't just toss another plant in there, I made that mistake last year. I put a whole slew of plants in my flower tent at severely reduced light hour's after flowering out a PurpleHaze x Malawi. I only realized this half way through flower when I was considering sending more plants into flower.
I was trying to achieve a perpetual grow and had to stop and reset just as I was building momentum.

I'm at week 16 today. I have found letting the soil get really dry has been aiding in the transition from spitting out hairs to swelling calyxes and increased trichome production.

Cactus Wes

20210509_181534~2.jpg
20210509_181500~2.jpg
20210509_181450.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ That is what I am looking for. Loose and lots of leaves and pistils. The opposite of what commercial growers are doing here in cali, dense, calyxes encrusted with resin. My sprouts appear to be growing so expect to get some buds and smoke later. Your plants look very healthy.

Todays pot is good looking, tasty and initially strong in effect, but lacking depth of feeling and duration of high. I am being simplistic and somewhat biased but that is the truth as I see it.