What's new

East coast sour diesel grow

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

This site is like the Reddit of the grow community lol. This guy has been on the forums for a lot longer than any of us, don’t shoot the messenger. Somehow, I don’t think this will change any minds but here it is anyways
IMG_3636.jpeg
IMG_3637.jpeg

goingrey

This site is like the Reddit of the grow community lol. This guy has been on the forums for a lot longer than any of us, don’t shoot the messenger. Somehow, I don’t think this will change any minds but here it is anyways View attachment 19009199 View attachment 19009200
He is not saying what you claimed. He is saying that Rez got/used one cut of Sour Diesel and it wasn't even the best one. He is talking about some ECSD v1 v2 v3. I haven't heard of those before but I guess they are what have been called ECSD, Albany, Catskill and so on cuts here. None of them were bred by Rez.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

He is not saying what you claimed. He is saying that Rez got/used one cut of Sour Diesel and it wasn't even the best one. He is talking about some ECSD v1 v2 v3. I haven't heard of those before but I guess they are what have been called ECSD, Albany, Catskill and so on cuts here. None of them were bred by Rez.
ECSD was just a term coined by Rez, before that, it was just sour. But reread this message, ison made the ECSD which is just a backcross of sour, and apparently not the good sour cut. Reach out to ison on IG and ask him yourself
IMG_3638.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Rgd

goingrey

ECSD was just a term coined by Rez, before that, it was just sour. But reread this message, ison made the ECSD which is just a backcross of sour, and apparently not the real sour cut View attachment 19009201
Incorrect. Rez called his line Sour Diesel BX 1.5 2.5 and so on to begin with and then eventually Sour Diesel IBL. And he says that he believes the SD IBL line was based on "ECSD v2" which came before (in the second screenshot you posted).

It all happened here and the threads are surely still in the archive..

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Incorrect. Rez called his line Sour Diesel BX 1.5 2.5 and so on to begin with and then eventually Sour Diesel IBL. And he says that he believes the SD IBL line was based on "ECSD v2" which came before (in the second screenshot you posted).

It all happened here and the threads are surely still in the archive..
Like I said, this site is the Reddit of the grow community 🤣. People don’t wanna see you happy on here, they just looking to argue just for the sake of arguing. Have a nice day 😊

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

3 people came here to argue lineage, not a single one of you liked any of the ECSD pics on my thread. That’s the problem with this site, just a bunch of haters all arguing lineage and who has the original. Shit is kinda pathetic honestly, but go off. I’ll toss some more pics up later today cuz fuck it, I’m happy to smoke this bomb ECSD

Rgd

Veteran
not a single one of you liked any of the ECSD pics on my thread
I did.,<--edit ..sorry I was wrong

...but bro..you argue way too much

and you’re using that dumbass “hater" lingo like Rez did,,

and your ECSD plants looked darn good

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
apology bro:

I must have clicked like on another thread

went back and fixed it..

[good photos]

goingrey

3 people came here to argue lineage, not a single one of you liked any of the ECSD pics on my thread. That’s the problem with this site, just a bunch of haters all arguing lineage and who has the original. Shit is kinda pathetic honestly, but go off. I’ll toss some more pics up later today cuz fuck it, I’m happy to smoke this bomb ECSD
Yeah well, to put things in perspective, you are giving undeserved props to a guy who snitched on the owner of this site, which resulted in him spending 30 months in a hellish Philippine prison.

Pinetar

Enjoy what you found. Some of us will be looking forever to find that "right one" SD, i lost mine 10 yrs ago cant find an equal

Jcue81

the problem with this site is I didn’t like your photo and shared photos of Chaco’s ECSD?

Maybe ChunkyPigs will stop by and give us all a lesson.

I liked your photos in the Albany thread, and after tons of searching it's what made me start an account and comment on it. Looking at the finished product, this version of ECSD you have looks like the one we had back in the day. The pinkish pistils on this one brings back memories.

East coast sour diesel all cured up. Tastes like sour, diesel fuel, skunk, rubber, and gas ⛽
View attachment 18986856

Seeing these recent flowering photos though makes it look more like the Rez line, where it's almost too pink, too dark/purplish, and too small of nug structure. The real ECSD didn't look like that in flowering, even from different growers and different conditions. I've seen it grown by a group of people including myself and never once saw it looking like that in flowering.

I will say that Jcue is correct on this point, because the ECSD was a huge yielder that looked exactly like this when growing. Ours had this structure, but would finish looking like yours with pinkish pistils.

I might have some better knowledge than most on this subject since I grew it, cloned it, trimmed it, & smoked it many many times from 2000-2014, when I had to let my cut go for security reasons.

The AJ/Albany might have been a huge hit in NYC/Albany and started the Sour craze, but the ECSD put that shit to shame and it's the Sour that everybody from WNY to CNY knows as "The Real Sour Diesel."

Chaco started his thread on here in 2009 and said he got a cut from some reputable East Coast people. So "his" cut was already in circulation for 10 years, but his work on here is why his name is tagged to the ECSD. He didn't get it from Rez, he held the original ECSD clone only version, same as us.

This is from Hash Nerd on Strainly out of CNY who holds the Notsodog, Chaco & Albany cuts:

East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD) Chaco cut
(chem 91 x mass super skunk)
The real deal ECSD cut from Chemdog. This hits like a kerosene truck plowing into you at 90 MPH. You can’t contain the smell in a bag. This is the stuff wall street guys were paying $800/oz for in the 90s. Came clean from a tissue culture lab in NY. Grown side by side with Chem 91 you can see the similarities. They both are squat bushes that are very slow vegging, and long flowering. High susceptibility to fungal pathogens, and medium susceptibility to mold. Not well suited for outdoor in NY. Takes 11 weeks to get the Skunky diesel terps to come out. This is the Chaco cut of Sour Diesel, not the AJ cut. Hands down my favorite strain to smoke in flower form, also sells better than any strain I have grown and sold. Yields 3% from fresh frozen to 45-159u hash.
Flowering time: 11 weeks
Tested HLPV free December 2023.

Varietal type: Hybrid
Flowering: 70 - 80 days
Yield: Medium
Height: Medium

Thats the real story and background. It is 100% not a Rez line.

What most people thought they had growing was Sour Diesel - was the Albany Cut. What most people were smoking on and thought was the ECSD, were getting sold the Albany cut. You can see it in the Chaco thread early on, where people were growing cuts called "ECSD" but it's clear it's Albany/AJ.

A big reason why nobody can find the sour they remember, is because they never had the real one to begin with, never grew it, never had the stress of the cops banging on your door with a full flowering room of Sours, and were too far out of the loop by the time everybody started calling their bud the Sours. Lots of people were capitalizing on that name without ever even touching the real one.

I just grabbed the Chaco cut to see if its what I remember. I'd imagine some of the Chaco cuts aren't the real Chaco cut, which makes it tougher to find the real "Chaco." Notsodog seems to be a sister version slightly different than all. Not sure where the JP/Hunter Mountain fit into this story yet, but my guess is it's the ECSD - same as the real Chaco Cut, not the one being passed as the Chaco cut. I haven't smoked it so idk for sure.

Like I said, this site is the Reddit of the grow community 🤣. People don’t wanna see you happy on here, they just looking to argue just for the sake of arguing. Have a nice day 😊
Not for nothing, but you get what you give. When I first came on here asking about "The Real Sour Diesel", you acted pretty high and mighty like you were the Sour King, having the "real" cut, which at that time you said was the Cloney cut. Then you switched to saying the Notsodog cut was the "real" cut, and now it's this Rez ECSD that's the "real" cut.

Did you ever even grow the real cut in the early 2000s? How would you know if you were smoking the real Sours back in the day if you never saw it grow?

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Not for nothing, but you get what you give. When I first came on here asking about "The Real Sour Diesel", you acted pretty high and mighty like you were the Sour King, having the "real" cut, which at that time you said was the Cloney cut. Then you switched to saying the Notsodog cut was the "real" cut, and now it's this Rez ECSD that's the "real" cut.

Did you ever even grow the real cut in the early 2000s? How would you know if you were smoking the real Sours back in the day if you never saw it grow?
Well sorry if I came off like a douche bag, that wasn’t my intention brother. I still believe the cloney and notsodog are BOTH solid representations of the real sour diesel. I have never ever stated my ECSD was the real sour diesel at any point, it just has the flavor and smell and look of the sour I used to get, that is all. As I’m sure lots of people know, the sour came from a bag seed, which makes it a herm, and even AJ himself said there were tons of seeds the sour has produced over the years, so I’m sure a lot of those real Albany type cuts are related if not all bag seeds of the original. The cloney is definitely legit, I’ve smoked it, and from what I’ve seen/read on smoke reports and pics, the Notsodog looks like real sour diesel as well. My ECSD is just a backcross of that legend and was just something really nice that was a solid representation of sour to me, nothing more. Also you posted 2 veg plants on that thread, not a single flower or flowering plant, how do you know what real sour is with that logic? I never discredited you either so not sure where this comment is coming from. We all can sit here and poke holes in each others theories and plants, but at the end of the day, it’s just theories unless you personally popped the sour diesel seed, you have no ground to stand on with what’s real and what’s not, nor do I. Fair enough?

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Also the Chaco cut was the big yielding ECSD. I found a thread in 2005 on icmag about the low yielding ECSD if you wanna do some digging. ECSD was made by Rez and was merely a back cross and never the real thing, it was a sour cut crossed to soma’s NYC diesel and then back crossed to sour, so stating you grew the Chaco, while it was a nice cut, was also not the real deal, nor is my ECSD, hell the cloney probably isn’t the original mother either seeing as I know someone that’s best friends with Manny, the dude that popped sour and his cut has no smell and no taste anymore and the cloney somehow does. I know a few people that have Manny’s cut and it’s not loud anymore. Maybe all these other cuts came later, some are bag seeds, some are back crosses. If it has that smell, taste, and look of what you know sour to be, who cares? Mine ain’t the OG cut, and I’m enjoy smoking it all the same, cheers 🍻

Not looking to get into a pissing match so don't take it to heart. I got no hard feelings bud and not trying to put you in your place. Just saying that maybe that's why people are giving you shit? It is the internet, you'll get some flak and negative feedback, just brush it off. That's what I did with you:

"Yes sir! The higher circle has all the sour diesel cuts, I even have the Notsodog sour 😀 💨 🦨 ⛽️. Just keep doing your thing and posting your grow, we got you. Next up, I need to find the real skunk"

While yes it seems lighthearted and playful, that snarky comment about the real skunk made me go out and find it.

I'm now holding the original 1990 Super Skunk which looks to be the MSS pheno or a close sister pheno. It's been held locally for 30 years and isn't gone. I've made a thread on it, and a couple other local strains that are 15+ year old clone only versions.

I also grabbed a 40 year old clone only version of RKS, that's also supposed to be extinct but it's sitting right next to me and stinking up the place in veg. 🤷‍♂️ Not many strains smell in veg, but the Skunks absolutely do and that's their telltale sign. I know, because I've seen the plants growing from veg to flower, I've smoked the plant that I saw growing, and I was there to experience the real deal first hand.

30+ years of smoking, 20+ years of growing, being in the inner circle (higher circle?) my whole life - I've seen a lot, and know the old heads with these "extinct" and real cuts. So don't be too quick to judge or throw your weight around, cuz there's many people who put my credentials to shame and paved the way for all of us to be here. Peace, love and good trees - that's what the community is all about and that's the only circle I want to be in.