What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

East coast sour diesel grow

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time posting. I just scored the East coast sour diesel clone and am hoping this is finally the sour cut I’ve been hunting for all these years. I’m not really sure what to expect as far as smell but the guy I got it from says it’s got a super sour funk to it, it’s done at 9 but best at 10 weeks, and it’s pretty stinky supposedly. Lots of cool variegations and awesome branching. I grew up in the North East and smoked amazing sour about 15 years ago and haven’t seen her since 2011. Lemme know what you think

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0866.jpeg
    IMG_0866.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0798.jpeg
    IMG_0798.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 66

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time posting. I just scored the East coast sour diesel clone and am hoping this is finally the sour cut I’ve been hunting for all these years. I’m not really sure what to expect as far as smell but the guy I got it from says it’s got a super sour funk to it, it’s done at 9 but best at 10 weeks, and it’s pretty stinky supposedly. Lots of cool variegations and awesome branching. I grew up in the North East and smoked amazing sour about 15 years ago and haven’t seen her since 2011. Lemme know what you think
Looking good friend. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your work.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Looks the part, @Bigcrawdaddy2.0. Going keep an eye on her as you flower her out. Best of luck in finding what you’re looking for. Definitely looks like sour to me.
That excites me further to hear someone else say she looks the part! I’m ecstatic to say the least. Hoping it’s nice and tasty when done. I’m running her from clone now as I’ve had to mother that plant out but I’ll keep everyone updated and post pics when she’s transplanted into a 5 gal

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Always difficult to tell in veg unless theres some unique characteristic like the double blade on UK cheese or the varigation on Chem D.

However ECSD is gaining popularity again as everyone searches for what they remember sour to be.

Hopefully everyone will realize ECSD is really IT. I'll be doing some work with her so stay tuned.... for beans and a fire selection.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Always difficult to tell in veg unless theres some unique characteristic like the double blade on UK cheese or the varigation on Chem D.

However ECSD is gaining popularity again as everyone searches for what they remember sour to be.

Hopefully everyone will realize ECSD is really IT. I'll be doing some work with her so stay tuned.... for beans and a fire selection.
There is variegation, also I’m gonna S1 her soon and also have some beans for my fellow growmies to explore. I really just want her backed up which is why I’m doing the S1 but I would also love to put pure sour diesel in seed form again. I’m tired of seeing all these bx’s where most phenos don’t even have the smell or taste of sour like JJ’s and karma. I know there are tons of fans of karma on here, no disrespect, and I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want my sour diesel to have a kush after taste and it’s not real sour diesel in those beans, it’s rezdogs ibl mixed with a kush…

Attachments

• IMG_1321.png
    IMG_1321.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1322.png
    IMG_1322.png
    6 MB · Views: 44

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
There is variegation, also I’m gonna S1 her soon and also have some beans for my fellow growmies to explore. I really just want her backed up which is why I’m doing the S1 but I would also love to put pure sour diesel in seed form again. I’m tired of seeing all these bx’s where most phenos don’t even have the smell or taste of sour like JJ’s and karma. I know there are tons of fans of karma on here, no disrespect, and I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want my sour diesel to have a kush after taste and it’s not real sour diesel in those beans, it’s rezdogs ibl mixed with a kush…
Well let me know. I'll run through a few if you want. Always looking for that late 90s 2000s DOUR...

dirtyho

Day 49 on the ECSD. It’s stinking up the whole room as of now and smells super sour, gassy, and diesel fuely. It’s been getting cold here and night temps are chilly 🥶. All the better for her flavor tho
That's the cloney cut? Is it me or do the buds seem super small for day 49? Got a whole plant pic? My cloney cut is arriving this afternoon

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

That's the cloney cut? Is it me or do the buds seem super small for day 49? Got a whole plant pic? My cloney cut is arriving this afternoon
No sir, it’s not the cloney cut. Just regular old ECSD. My buddy that has this same cut says it doesn’t start to get fat until 60 days apparently. He said it’s either low to medium yield with insane quality, or it yields huge with ok quality at times 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Latest posts