What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

east coast growers thread

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Heyyyah' Fly!,
Yeah, a clone from a seed going on a couple years I think. Yeahr, she came out great! Learning that a low feed, and let her do her thing is prob the best way to go. Those ECSD x SSSDH sound great! Keep us updated on them please!

Thanks for the kind words, and checking her out

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
picture.php

Corey/ SSS side
corey about 50 days?
sss 12 days behind at 38
picture.php

GG4, at 59 days today, im going to chop her later, this is the earliest i've ever taken the glue
picture.php

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
Bobbo,
your thread is the whole reason i bought sssdh.
just tried to pop a pack, looks like only 1 is going to make it :(
2 others have tails but look stalled.
sux

soserthc1

@soser

Do you feed directly into soil ?( I use dry roots organic uprising series at 1/8 a tsp )

-yes i feed directly into soil. atm the moment im using age old bloom for nutes.

How long do you brew your teas and what do you add ( feeding thru teas)

-i brew my teas for about 30-32 hours. i add ewc @ 1/2 cup per gallon at the start of brewing. once finished and put into my reservoir i add sea green @ 0.5 ml per gallon.

Do you foliar the tea / Nute pack or aspirin ?

-no. i dont do foliar feedings of any kind.

Do you top dress ?

-no.

on a side note i use gnatrol 3 times every other watering to get rid of fungus gnats. nothing else has ever worked for me.

another side note only use the aspirin in veg. in flower it can hamper trich production

Sweet might of taught me something as I have been adding aspirin to every gallon of h20 but not long enough to notice a reduction in trics. I love sea green myself a little pricey but most stuff that works is.
GNatrol for the win :dance013:

I was using Mosquito Dunks, and they worked well. What happened was, the plants looked a lot better, and had the appearance the gnats were gone. So I didn't get any more dunks to apply.

Since I noticed the re-occurrence I used some more dunks, got some mosquito bits, and another kind of water in benny's. After just 5 days, I have already seen improvement. Instead of getting the yellow sticky cards, I'm ordering a roll of yellow sticky paper.

What I need to do, is buy a used oven. Then I can cook all my dirt first, and stop the bastards before they even have a chance to find roots. Either that, or clone everything to death, and start using coco. Then use boiling water to hydrate bricks. More than one way to skin a bug, lol.

I would maybe consider using promix before I would switch to cocoa but that's just me. I'm generally not big on trying drastic new stuff and cocoa scares me. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm getting content with the garden. Bugs had me wanting to commit suside there for a moment. Your other option doesn't sound to applealing unless you have a big ass oven. Cooking soil doesn't sound fun but I have done it in the past.
Get the GNatrol and in two weeks come back and thank me and toxie hippie :biggrin:
Good luck sir

Can someone please tell me how to join a thread where I left off at .......

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I use promix now. Just a 50/50 mix with Happy frog. I have run plants in straight promix, and I could notice the difference from the Happy Frog/Promix mix I use. Plants in the 50/50 mix, are always better. In resin content, and weight.

I do agree, that dropping the Happy Frog will eventually help solve my problems. I just need to work out a good formula of amendments to use with the promix, that will work with a multitude of strains.

I only have space to experiment with 1 or 2 plants at a time, and really don't wanna fry a crop due to adding to much of any amendments to the promix.

I have used coco before, and frequent the coco forum. So I feel a switch to coco, wouldn't be that big of a leap. But I really do love my dirt, lol.

Gonna go look up Gnatrol now, and it's equal alternatives. A couple months ago I used spinosad in a pump sprayer and hit the soil with it as well, when i had thrips and FG. That along with the dunks, and benny's, seemed to get them under control. Then I brought in more Happy Frog:wallbash:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
personal gardens .... use soils . commercial or perpetual gardens use Coco . you loose some of the taste with coco (not much IMHO ) , but the yields make up for it !!! soils are good for about an ounce of bud per gallon of medium . or so i've been told . coco is good for 3 ounces of bud per gallon of medium ,from personal experiance .

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They need to UP the rep count that we're allowed to give each day !!! i'll hit ya later PH :tiphat:

KONY

Veteran
It's best practices to use multiple different methods (modes of action), when treating pests. It's irresponsible to recommend one end all product for anything.

For gnats, Personally we use BTI in the res, sticky traps on every plant in the room, just above soil level, also reducing the frequencies of watering temporarily, and if they are really bad a foliar spray at the soil level of either a cedar based insecticide or insecticidal soap. (Needs to make direct contact with flyers in order to be effective)

You need to treat the larva in the soil, the flyers that are in the room, AND the overwatering/improper aeration in the soil that allowed them to thrive to begin with.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to always have a gnat problem. Sticky traps and mosquito dunks were the norm. Never really getting them under control.
Then I had an RA infestation that was kicking my ass. I was looking for an organic solution to the RA's and settled on Mycotrol O. It handled the RA's fairly easily... and I haven't seen a single gnat or flying RA ever since. I would water with Mycotrol once every 2 weeks in veg, and also the first 2 weeks in flower at a rate of about 1 teaspoon per gallon.

I am re-using soil for the 1st time this year, and after 3 months in, I still have yet to see a single bug. Still using the same bottle I originally bought.

:tiphat:

The organic test section will be ready to come down by Thanksgiving. Rainbow Jones and Raw Diesel.

Attachments

• 20151115_131346.jpg
    20151115_131346.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151115_131406.jpg
    20151115_131406.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 11

EastCoast710

Sweet might of taught me something as I have been adding aspirin to every gallon of h20 but not long enough to notice a reduction in trics. I love sea green myself a little pricey but most stuff that works is.
GNatrol for the win :dance013:

I would maybe consider using promix before I would switch to cocoa but that's just me. I'm generally not big on trying drastic new stuff and cocoa scares me. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm getting content with the garden. Bugs had me wanting to commit suside there for a moment. Your other option doesn't sound to applealing unless you have a big ass oven. Cooking soil doesn't sound fun but I have done it in the past.
Get the GNatrol and in two weeks come back and thank me and toxie hippie :biggrin:
Good luck sir

Can someone please tell me how to join a thread where I left off at .......

lol.. don't be afraid.. just jump in.. I was the same way. I spent 3 weeks.. reading as much as possible about coco.. then talked to everyone I could in chat.. and then just bought canna coco.. transplanted.. hand water with wand.. like in soil until they really start to take off.. then you will want to either 1 setup automated .. or water daily if u have the time..

but the ridiculous growth ive seen from the switch is retarded.. the clones put into soil are half the size.. and not as green.. .. will be posting pictures soon.. just got a camera given to me.. so we shall see..

EastCoast710

I was using Mosquito Dunks, and they worked well. What happened was, the plants looked a lot better, and had the appearance the gnats were gone. So I didn't get any more dunks to apply.

Since I noticed the re-occurrence I used some more dunks, got some mosquito bits, and another kind of water in benny's. After just 5 days, I have already seen improvement. Instead of getting the yellow sticky cards, I'm ordering a roll of yellow sticky paper.

What I need to do, is buy a used oven. Then I can cook all my dirt first, and stop the bastards before they even have a chance to find roots. Either that, or clone everything to death, and start using coco. Then use boiling water to hydrate bricks. More than one way to skin a bug, lol.

used gognat 1 time. never saw another fucking thing lol..

Has any my east coasters done Bruce Banner #3 or the Forum Cut GSC? If so was it worth the hype/potent and growing? Trying to find info on them before I go on a hunt for a few additions to the arsenal/hobby. Man I love growing multiple strains. Haha. I don't think I ever ran a mono crop.

Latest posts

Latest posts