What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

deZerTomB

anything will work

anything will work

as long as it has thc, I've used hermies, small leafy buds and trim.

This is from diesel trim and small airy leafy buds from the bottom of the plant.

I've made ISO several times and it gets easier every time. I use cheese cloth instead of coffee filters and dump directly into my dish instead using a second mason jar. I grind everything in a mortar and pestle, stone ground :rasta: , then put in mason jar cover with ISO and put lid on, shake 30 seconds.

Then I take lid off and put cheese cloth over top with room for leafy matter.
Then I drain into glass baking dish, then carefully take off cheese cloth and squeeze remaining liquid out. Then I cook it over water and scrape it off and smoke. :joint:

Everybody who has smoked it thought it was hash, I call it hash, I don't know what else to call it.

Hey, you wanna smoke some ISO wash? :bashhead: What the Huck?

zappa66

I made a bach today, very easy, thanks for posting! First time I've smoked "ISO wash" or hash for that matter

G

i did this last nite with some speed queen buds and 91% iso. but i used them really fine screen straineers that are in the kitchen section at weed-mart.

although my first time doing this i am pretty intuitive and i have worked with coffe filters before and know that it will leave the alcohol in contact with the buds way longer than the 15-20 seconds i use for the wash. so i use the screen thing. ive also last nite did it witht he coffe filter too and like i thought it was to black and ooey that way.

now for the report. CHRIST i never smoked hash or anything like hash oil before and u smoked a gram of this blond looking plastic type substance thaat i made lastnite on top of a little primo bud. i think it needs to be cautinoed about the strength of this stuff when done rite.

it had me damn near scared for some odd reason, maybe cause i took a gram to the head, and never smoking anything like hash before and underestimating what i made. i figured "yeah how strong could it be" and smoiked a shite load of it.

very good stuff just, well in my case i need to use it in moderation for sure. thank god i didnt do what i planned on doing, which was driving around a little bit while smoking this stuff. i am sure i would have fucked my self up good in the snow covered slippery streets.hahahahahaha

QWISO IM ADDICTED TO IT NOW AND ABOUT 25% OF ALL MY CROPS WILL GET ISO'D TILL I GET SOME BAGS.

comparitivly which would yeild more hash the bags or iso method. id be using trim and popcorn buds. the bags i have my eye on are one gallon bags with seven screen sizes.

but iso is fun cuz you could do it in minutes and amaze someone who doesn't know about it. i plan on putting on a performance for my cousin, with bout a half .oz of street bought seeded mids. it almost feels like rocking up powder. when making the qwiso.

iso wash litteraly

iso wash litteraly

ha last night i washed out some empty jars i have used to store herbs in like 15-16
of them ,with 91% iso . i just wanted to get all the crystals out some they could be used for canning some fruit. i just swished about a half cup of iso into the first jar and proceeded with the rest . Beautiful results i got 2.9 grams of sticky hashy iso from virtually empty jars. next time those jars get filled i will make some iso out of the ChiLd KilLer and bubba fish :headbange :headbange :rasta:

Dragor

What a sic concept - used it tonight with 7grams of high quality trim from my last four plants - got 0.5grams of very sticky icky laffy taffy gooey dark pseudo-hashish! I mixed in a a couple small 1mm qwiso balls into my bowl just now and I'm very nicely medicated - it added a sativa demention to the high - just what the dr ordered :) thanks for this excellent technique/thread - peace
p.s. stuff is super sticky and hard to work with - you guys get that too? I scraped when it was still semi moist as the original post said to - if I had waited longer it would have scraped off as greener/amber and less sticky? just wondering, thx, peace out

HotCha

I found an easy way to work with this stuff. I don't reduce the alcohol on a plate, I take the lid of a stainless steel cocktail shaker and I pour the iso into that, then I place the lid full of iso into a frying pan and do a shallow double boiler thing with it. Once the alcohol is cooked out and the stuff is still hot, I dump it onto a piece of parchment paper and throw it in the freezer. I leave it over night and in the morning it peels right off. I can whack a piece off with a knife and smoke it. You have to work quick though, because it turns back into goop right away. Makes for a happy 4/20 morning, I'll tell ya that.

rusto

Beast
Bump, made some of this right tonight. I used a bunch of frosty budleaves and stems and such with 91% iso... dryed it out, scraped it. coated a bowl with some of the small glass like pieces. I feel as I did the first time I ever smoked. I am the highest I've been in awhile off of a few hits...

I was also wondering, is it not suggested to smoke this stuff shortly after made it if was evaporated thurally making the oil substance to be glass like?

Would there be any traces of iso left damaging my lungs and brain? I've always wondered, couldn't find anything about it though...

damn im high..wow.

well, I'm about to see how this turns out for me.

I did it a bit uncoventional.

I used leaf trim from about 5 male plants, 1-2 ft tall each. There was about enough trim to fill a blender 3/4 of the way packed down with trim.

Then I used 1 pint of 93% iso alc, into the blender it went. Blended for a 15 secs on low, then just pulsed it lightly to agitate it.

Then I filtered with cheesecloth into a large glass vase. Then I took the remaining solids caught by the cheesecloth, and pulsed/agitated with another 1/2 pint of iso alcohol. Back through cheesecloth again.

Then I went from my vase, and filtered with more cheesecloth back into the blender (which was cleaned).

Then I rinsed everything with a little iso to make sure I wasn't missing any residue from settling and sticking to the side of the vase, I then emptied the blender into a pyrex dish, and rinsed the blender with a little more iso.

Now it's sitting on top of a pot with water, and we'll see how it turns out.

I can already tell there are too many plant solids, but we'll see if I can't filter it a tad more.

Also, shouldn't there be a warning about all the fumes? Surely they can't be good for you, and could be dangerous?

I took the alcohol solution out of the pan, and passed it through a 10+ layer cheesecloth.

There was some residue left on the pan, so I put it back on my hot water pot.

I scraped up what was there, but not anything great.

It looks like what I'm ended up with is a green whitish powdery substance. There is far too much of it to be very pure active chemical.

Now maybe if I was to pass that again with ISO, I'd get something good.

I still have the remaining solution, which is in theory, where all of the THC is. I'm evaporating it now.

I'm hoping the super thick cheesecloth filtered it more, and what I'll get will have less non-active chemical in it, be it nutrients/minerals or plant fats.

well, it seems ok, tastes different.

I stopped the process early as it was taking too long the way I was doing it.

I used a fan to blow air across the pyrex dish, but with the dish at an angle, allowing the heavier sediment stuff to settle. Then as the alcohol slowly evaporated, I was left with what I believe is hash. I still have 75% of my solution left at least, and I'm going to do the rest of that later.

So I let the stuff left on the pyrex double boil, and it ended up having this whitish very light green powder residue (crusted on the pyrex), along with the brownish and black residue that appears to be hash.

Scrape it up with a razor blade, and that's it. I seem stoned.

To update it's definately getting me pretty damn high. Makes me wonder if all this just settled out of the entire mix, or if there's alot more hash back in the container with the rest of the iso mix.

Man it's good stuff. No idea if the other whitish greenish stuff gets you high at all, but I'm not going to smoke it now.

It's nice and potent. Very upbeat uplifting high.

This is off a random mix of 6 male plants about 2 months old.

Last edited:
well, I'm curious to know how my hash compares to hash made using bud, and shaked rather than blended.

This is only my 2nd time smoking hash, first time smoking ISO, and first time making hash.

It tastes like unrefined opium (ie dried sap from an opium poppy, real opium), "planty" kind of.

It doesn't taste at all like bud, or even shake/trim.

It has an incredibly uplifting high, very stimulating with stimulant like effects, and not stoney. It's also surprisingly calming, I hit it hard last night, and didn't have any anxiety, which is rare, stimulants usually give me anxiety, and a real heavy pot (or first bowl of the day) can do that as well. Very clear head. It's different for sure.

Last edited:

mauiwowie

This is my method of choice for making Hash oil. Been doing it for a few years, the old arguementative thread on here seems to have disapeered (thanks be to the flying spagetti monster ;oD)

Sorry the pics are so bad, but at the time I only had my phone camera and it was a few years back when I took these.

There is an addition to this technique that will only work for about 30% of the bud/oil I have tried it with, certain strain work, others don't.

The second picture shows what you might think are 2 completely different types of oil. They are infact the same oil but the creamy stuff has been "Budder'd up". Those of you who know BMail may have heard of budder. It is essentially isomerised iso oil but for some reason only certain strains will budder up. This was Nevilles haze iso/budder.

The idea is the same as the QWIso,

you do the extraction and get your oil.

Once scrapped off the double boiler you need to put it back on and then using a paper clip or some other stirrer you need to whip it up crazy like, whilst at the same time blowing onto the melted oil every so often to get air into it. At some point the oil will start to go creamy and thicken. At this point you need to get it off the heat and scrap it off the plate ASAP. You will have budder.

It is a tastier and smoother product than the original oil and because all the THC is converted into the active form it is a little bit stronger as well (IMO)

ALSO YOU MUST EVAPORATE THE ALCOHOL IN A WELL VENTILATED PLACE!!!!!

Safety first and all that.

Last edited:

SemperAltus

mexicanmafia said:
great pics JayKush!:yummy::joint:

SilverSurferOG- I would recomend 1quart mason jars........... enough alcohol for the bud/trimmings to be verry well saturated and easaly mixed and splashed around....... but not too much that the bud/trimm is floating............. then give it a hellofa mix for 20 secs and pour onto filterd jar.......... try to get as less material into straining filter........

Peace!:joint:
7557new_bong.JPG

mm

oh oh what

SB in the house...

noticed the horti container sup bra.

moonunit

Lovely oil all, just a quick note for aussies having troubles finding a constant source of pure iso, not that isocol crappola. Best i have found is a product called isopro. I get it for $7 per 250mils and its 99.7% pure iso from dick smiths electronics. Its used for cleaning computer heat sinks and cpu's ect and has to be that pure to not leave a residue on these parts, just to give yall a good excuse to be buying it ;) .
Much respect
Moonunit

luciano28

Do you guys think there would be any health problems to not purging it on the stove/double boiler? I have always just left it sit for like 2 days, then scraped it up, I mean it looks like you guys stuff in the pics, but does leaving that alcohol to evaporate naturally like I do leave any of the bad shit behind in the oil. I just always thought the alcohol evaporated all the way, it looks clear until I scrape it, then turns black/brown. Ive been doing it this way for awhile

mauiwowie

Luciano. I think if you leave it for a long enough it will be fine, if it is still really soft or luquidy then it still has alcohol in it.

My purged stuff ends up like toffee or glass and I have seen similar from people who just leave it au natural. Better taste if you don't purge imo but it takes days to have a smokable oil rather than an hour!!

luciano28

Thanks maui, yeah its definitely completely evaporated, I have forgot about it a few times, lol, and let it go 4 or 5 days. I was just curious because everyone in this thread seems to purge it. It always tastes pretty good, so I think you may be right about not purging it.

One thing when I do it this way, is I try to not move it at all, because of the glass baking dish I use, if you move it, the stuff gets all up on the sides and in the corners and its hard to scrape because of the awkward shape of the corners.

Thanks again maui K++, I'll be making some more here in about 4 weeks(hopefully), when I harvest a plant I got going inside.

Latest posts

Latest posts