What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

doob

For anyone searching or interested about the white stuff, that turned into what you see here, now looks like brown sugar

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
In my area the beauty supply store had the flat iron, 99% iso and vegetable glycerin.

Its like concentrate home depot in there

doob

Class A Chill Mang!

Fresh or dry trim?

Where did you get the 99% iso?

Dry trim, between 6 months and 2 weeks old. 99% ISO purchased from fleabay as its readily available here in UK. Freezer 2 hours, 20 sec shake

@lalchimista - looks a good texture that to me :)

Thanks doob I think I've found a right formula for stabilization, before cooking before cooking I put the mixture inside a jar and after I placed it in the freezer for 24h and than filtered with a coffee filter.
Cooked at 140° F to 137° F (60° - 58°) for stabilization. I want to find a process to preserve more flavor, do U have any idea for this thing?

Some high quality qwiso crumble. Made from almost 3gs of nug total. .8 of strawberry cough, .8 of sweet island skunk, and a gram of some old school looking white rhino. 1 20 second quick wash, broke up the nugs and did a second 7 second quick wash. Left to evaporate 18 hours with a fan seperately. Same results, put it all in one container as photographed.

Attachments

• 2016-04-12_15-58-53_947.jpg
    2016-04-12_15-58-53_947.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 2016-04-13_07-27-07_263.jpg
    2016-04-13_07-27-07_263.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 100
I usually end up with a pull and snap taffy like most. Sometimes pretty light in color. Im learning the key to keeping quality high is 2 very quick washes. Create more surface arean by drying and breaking down more for the next wash but decrease wash time to keep out unwanted waxes and chloraphyl (more like BORE-aphyl ;p) out of it. 2 washes of similar quality that so far is yeilding well.

I meant to say i also usually do larger runs when i get taffy. So maybe to get crumble (i feel it is more pure) i should do multiple small batch washes. We will see! I heart qwiso

We wash our bags out with Everclear and it makes a damn fine decarboxylated oil.

can u tellmore about it plz ?
i have some Volcano Used Bags..and some alchool 96°... how to do it ? and...is it safe to do it ? (i mean are there any Bad reaction between alchool aand plastic ?):thank you:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
the bho lovers that i know dont believe me, but my most recent batch of qwiso concentrate beats every bho batch ive tried. thanks for this awesome thread!!

T

trichy1

I've been making oil for decades, out of trim but have recently been using nugs. Using frozen buds and frozen Iso and washing for 30 seconds.
Then I looked at the buds under a microscope. Tonnes of trichomes left!
So then on the last batch I said " fuck 30 second washes". Soaked, with ice cold material, for 3 minutes or more with about a minute of vigorous shaking. Still tonnes of trichomes left!

Looks really good Sonofthebong420!

Are you turning the QWISO hash into rosin? Why not keep it in that almost powder form you have been getting?

jimdc

i fill a 1/2 gallon jar full of trim and fill the jar with 99% alcohol and let sit for 5 minutes. then i pour the alcohol through a gold classifier pan with a fine screen mesh. then i fill the same jar full of trim with more clean alcohol and let sit for 5 more minutes. i then pour that through classifier. i take that filtered alcohol and pour it into another 1/2 g. jar full of new trim and repeat. the finished alcohol is mostly free of organic material from going through the classifier but there is some. that needs to be filtered through coffee filters. that takes a very long time so i found that putting that liquid in a large jar and putting in the fridge overnight allows the remaining organic material to sink to the bottom. then slowly pour the alcohol out. then i evaporate on glass plates. then i mix with connoisseur concentrates flavored dilutants and use in a vape pen. very potent .

Gry

Veteran
I go with 15 seconds of contact time for smoking.
30 seconds is is what I use for orally consumed.
I use a small double boiler for evaporation.

Top6a

Excellent themes. Thanks to the author!
It's really easier to find ethyl alcohol than isopropyl alcohol.
I ordered 2 liters of that and that - I'll try.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts