What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Fantastic ! I tried it and wow,,,got really medicated and with a tiny amount of iso hash.

Using wet buds pulled straight from plant,frozen and organic filtered,pour,fan,scrape and presto.

Remember,if it's white ,it's still not done.Must use Clear Dish to see the works.

angelgoob

And don't let the plate or bowl sit longer than you have to. You can even let it air evaporate on a table just sitting there. It's so you don't evaporate the extra terpenes.

I've done qwiso so many time.

I remember one time I took the qwiso solute and put them in turkey basters and put screws into the bottoms and attached them to a fan for a homemade centrifuge. I squirted out only the very tip of the oil formed at the bottom and got the most clear headed high ever off of it.

peteski72

Great instructos.

Great instructos.

I want to know if you ever tried pouring the liquid on some medium grade weed and make great smoke? Just thinking?:dance013:

B

bigganjabud

Same situation in the UK, the only "local" source of pure isopropyl (might be called isopropanol too) is in electronics stores, I presume as a connection cleaner or something. Its relatively expensive though and sold in smallish cans but i believe its 99% pure.

Amazon bro its about £18 for 5ltr

QueensToke

Anyone try this in vape pens? How's it work? Last time I got some QWISO tasted funky, prob wasn't all evaporated, prob looking to make my own this time. Need something that's gonna work well in my pen.

B

bigganjabud

Big up ninja and mex without them id have never just learned all that

Just spent a few quid getting everything

But now all i need is to stay away from my scissors untill my plants ard done

Just done all 51 pages

Thanks for the tutorial Mexicanmafia.

As I'm becoming more nervous blasting butane (outdoors on windy days) I'd love to give this method a try as an alternative.

The only appropriate iso that I can find in Aus. is expensive at $10 for 125ml.

Can one get the same results with pharmacy grade 90% ethanol? ($28 for 1 liter) Anyone tried?

Thanks for the tutorial Mexicanmafia.

As I'm becoming more nervous blasting butane (outdoors on windy days) I'd love to give this method a try as an alternative.

The only appropriate iso that I can find in Aus. is expensive at $10 for 125ml.

Can one get the same results with pharmacy grade 90% ethanol? ($28 for 1 liter) Anyone tried?

Go to an Auto Body Supply Shop or an Industrial Lubricant supplier (they sell to garages and such), most should carry 99% ISO, in 1 gal and 5 gal pails (5 gal-$65), at least they do up here in Canada, not sure about the US. It is used in the autobody and painting industry to wipe vehicles down with. :tiphat:

Thanks MrsMary, I'll ask around.

I've already ordered the 90% ethanol so I'll give it a go & post results either way if no-one has already.

Due to extreme heat, I'm restricted to growing over a 4-5 month period every year.
I've just been finishing my last grow of 4 NYD x OG. (Lovely high for daytime, full of trichomes, but so full of bud leaf that I've got over 12grams of butane oil just from trim)
As I've been trimming, I've noticed how many trichomes on the stems (on the NYD x) are going to waste & this iso method would be perfect for extraction.

B

bigganjabud

Thanks MrsMary, I'll ask around.

I've already ordered the 90% ethanol so I'll give it a go & post results either way if no-one has already.

Due to extreme heat, I'm restricted to growing over a 4-5 month period every year.
I've just been finishing my last grow of 4 NYD x OG. (Lovely high for daytime, full of trichomes, but so full of bud leaf that I've got over 12grams of butane oil just from trim)
As I've been trimming, I've noticed how many trichomes on the stems (on the NYD x) are going to waste & this iso method would be perfect for extraction.

Amazon bro get 99% iso

Thanks for the advice guys.

Finally, success! I had my local hardware store phone the suppliers of the 125ml iso to see if other sizes were available. The next size up was 20 liters for $180. That works out at $9 a liter, not too foul : )
For any Aussies who need iso (yes, 20 liters IS a shit load but it does solve the supply issue & none will go to waste, I'm sure, hehe)) it's 'Diggers' brand 100% iso ordered through Mitre10.

riigori

I tested this with homemade 95% ethanol and it worked gerat! Thans for the great thread. This is very simple and fast technique.

It depends on how long the Iso is in contact with the herb.

I usually do a 30 sec wash first for top quality, then for the second wash I let it sit overnight.

I always use 91% Iso and have never had any weird tastes or anything as long as it is allowed enough time to evaporate. It also helps to whip the end product.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
quick question, i keep all my trim frozen wet, If i want to make iso, whats the ratio of wet trim / ISO i need? is there a limit to how much THC can be absorbed in the ISO or is it just 3/4 cup for whatever you can fit in a mason jar? gona try this tomorrow :)

There must be a saturation point where adding more thc wont help because the iso is full of thc.

I suppose the question is, how much thc can each milliliter of iso hold?

I have 1 qt of 99% iso and more than enough trim.

Edit:Found this post by a fellow member

"I've read technical data stating that the solubility of THC and CBD in ethanol is 50 mM and 75 mM, respectively.
ISO is slightly less polar than ethanol, so the level of solubility is likely to be slightly greater in ISO.
However, let's use the figures for ethanol just to be on the safe side.

THC and CBD have a molar mass of 314, which means that 1 mole of each weighs 314 grams.
A millimole (mM) is 1000th of a mole per litre. So, that's 314/1000 = 0.314g per litre.

THC has a solubility in ethanol of 50 mM, so that's 0.314 x 50 = 15.7g per litre of ethanol.
CBD has a solubility of 75 mM, which is 50% more, so that's 23.55g per litre of ethanol.

Another source states that the solubility for CBD in ethanol is 36mg/ml (36g/litre), which is 53% more than the first source states.
This could be partly down to different extraction temperatures being used.
It would probably be safer to go with the lower figure though and just use slightly more solvent.

Let's just imagine for a moment that your trim contained somewhere in the region of 10% THC and that it was a fairly low CBD strain, as most are these days.
If we used the first figure of 15.7g per litre, then 1 litre would be enough to dissolve all of the THC in 157g of trim containing 10% THC.
However, other substances that were extracted would likely lower this figure.
On the other hand, you're never going to extract all of the THC present with a quick wash anyway, so these two factors should cancel eachother out somewhat.
The good news is that even fairly compacted trim (dried) only weighs about 50g per litre, let alone 157g.
So 1 litre ethanol/ISO would be more than enough for a litre of fine trim, containing 10% THC.
Due to the fact that most of the volume of trim is taken up by air, just covering the trim should be enough for a good ratio of trim to ISO.
I hope that this helps."

Last edited:

doob

I have a load of trim to qwiso. I only smoke joints though, I gather this stuff needs a bowl. All though I have a portable vape..

Does everyone quick dry it, i would ideally like to let it naturally evaporate for health and smell issues :)

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I have a load of trim to qwiso. I only smoke joints though, I gather this stuff needs a bowl. All though I have a portable vape..

Does everyone quick dry it, i would ideally like to let it naturally evaporate for health and smell issues :)

I get better results just leaving it out in the room with a fan blowing over it for about 24 hours and its done. No bubbles left at all.

higher iso like 99% off amazon gives cleaner results also.

Check out winterization using iso from the freezer. I do a 30 second wash and dump through a large screen to get all the chunks out. Then I jar the iso mix up and put back in the freezer for a day or so then run it through a coffee filter but going to try my second to last bubble bag next time. A friend recommeded the bubble bags forgot they'd work on this too.

Leave it out 24 hrs then its ready to scrape and vape!

WOoooOOoo!

doob

Sooooo, I decided to wash a large jar of trim last night. 6 month to 2 week old trim, 99% iso, 20 second shake, 500ml in 350ml out lol, 2 coffee filters. I put iso and jar in freezer for 2 hours prior.

Left 24 hours with fan on tray

So I gather the white liquid is because of water? Possibly from moisture in the bud/jar or atmosphere as its in an outdoor building high humidity. Anyone got any ideas? Was left with this in my filter to