What's new

EarthQuake in Haiti

ben ttech

beside hospital ships arriving today, and a months long industrial airlift of food, clothing and shelter to the city, america will have to allow at least a million refugees into the states in the next 30 days IF ITS ACTUALLY going to do what it can to save the lives of those who survived the quake itself...

unfortunately, we wont be doing these things in any ammount significant enough because we will be relying on the excuse of domestic haitian unrest to blame them for not taking the "hand out" correctly.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Maybe Quebec could help take refugees, I read in the history of Haiti that many have migrated there in the past since they are French speaking.

All the news reports are confirming our worse fears. I'm happy that well off countries like Canada and the USA are close enough to quickly send aid.

Megas

Aid through the UN? Boy, those Haitians are screwed now. The UN will aid them right out of existence.
Well UN peacekeepers have been there for some time. Haitians couldn't play nice together before a natural disaster time will tell if this brings them together or :hide:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
A friend of mine was deployed there in the 90s when the US army went in for a short peace keeping occupation prior to handing it over to the UN, and the UN has been there ever since.

Its a shame that Haiti has remained such a poor, unhappy nation, they are the only nation formed from a successful slave rebellion.

filo6942

Maybe Quebec could help take refugees, I read in the history of Haiti that many have migrated there in the past since they are French speaking.

All the news reports are confirming our worse fears. I'm happy that well off countries like Canada and the USA are close enough to quickly send aid.

USA ALWAYS sends aid. Whether we are running on credit cards or not. :huggg:

C

cyberwax

this is some serious fucking shit. Over 100 000 estimated dead, all those lives lost and all those children :(

Hope they get the help they need, wonder if that telephone donating number works from europe.

OU812

Hasta la vista mister troll.

I hope the aid pours in the way it's being reported...those poor people need clean water, medical attention and disaster response folks (search and rescue) something awful. I can't begin to imagine what it's got to be like to be there today...

I've been to third world countries where buildings aren't built to any specs, there are no building inspectors, etc. It's so sad when something tragic like this happens when the technology exists to prevent so much of it.

OU812

this is some serious fucking shit. Over 100 000 estimated dead, all those lives lost and all those children :(

Hope they get the help they need, wonder if that telephone donating number works from europe.

If it doesn't, just go to the Red Cross website, if I remember correctly it's Red Crescent in Europe.
Serious shit is right, I just turned on the TV, and dear God! These poor people!!!!

I do know one guy in LA who is a fireman, and a part of the disaster response team that deployed late last night. If I see anything from him, I will post it here.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Hasta la vista mister troll.

I hope the aid pours in the way it's being reported...those poor people need clean water, medical attention and disaster response folks (search and rescue) something awful. I can't begin to imagine what it's got to be like to be there today...

I've been to third world countries where buildings aren't built to any specs, there are no building inspectors, etc. It's so sad when something tragic like this happens when the technology exists to prevent so much of it.

What's sad is, those people would of been better off in huts... Most of the death toll is due to folks just being crushed underneath cement... You're right bro, poorly built concrete houses on shoddy foundations.

This is more of a man made disaster than it is a natural disaster... Truly a tremendous loss of life:badday: I just hope relief workers will be pouring in with great haste, for it's direly needed

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unbelievable

Unbelievable

All of my family is Haitian. Most of the people I grew up with are Haitian.
There is a strong Haitian presence in the industry I work in as well.
There has been nothing but bad news coming in since last nite. Many friends and family, including my grandmother, have lost their homes and spent the nite on the street. Others have paid the ultimate price.

Haiti is not a nation that can see itself through a situation like this, and will rely heavily on the support that is coming.

Haitians are a strong community, and we will overcome this with time. My condolences to anyone that has been affected by this disaster.

Some good news would be priceless right now.

MARLO

OU812

For anyone interested...

For anyone interested...

For the amateur radio operators, you can monitor and check the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network [S.A.T.E.R.N.] on the following
frequency...14.265 MHz, USB.

The Maritime Mobile Service Network is also available on 14.300 MHz, USB.

OU812

All of my family is Haitian. Most of the people I grew up with are Haitian.
There is a strong Haitian presence in the industry I work in as well.
There has been nothing but bad news coming in since last nite. Many friends and family, including my grandmother, have lost their homes and spent the nite on the street. Others have paid the ultimate price.

Haiti is not a nation that can see itself through a situation like this, and will rely heavily on the support that is coming.

Haitians are a strong community, and we will overcome this with time. My condolences to anyone that has been affected by this disaster.

Some good news would be priceless right now.

MARLO

Marlo,

I'm so sorry. Sending TONS of :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
This thread is not and will not be about politics. Any more such references will be removed. Respect the site rules and respect the people who are going thru a hell of a time right now.

truckin

If you google WFP it'll send you to United Nations World Food Programme,
one of the better outfits I understand, more of the donated dollar actually makes it to the destination.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Why so much drama in a thread about a very tragic event?

All I wanted for folks to do is either send aid in the form of money, or at the very least; just drop some condolences... Yet, that was too hard for some people... I don't get it? Why is there so much negativity around these boards?

I thought pot chilled us out, not the opposite

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tragic. Tragic. Tragic. They are going to need a lot of help over there. They are not equipped to handle this at all.

Justa6655321

Veteran
I have two colleagues and friends that are with Doctors Without Borders in Haiti that are unaccounted for! Everyone please say a prayer! Hopefully they will turn up alive and well!!!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
FoxNews is now reporting that we are starting to airlift casualties out to Miami area hospitals for treatment.

Would be nice if the Defense Department could get the authorization to dispatch the USS Comfort to the area. This is a giant hospital ship that has dozens of operating rooms and state-of-the-art trauma facilities that would be very handy for just this kind of emergency.

Fox is also reporting the USS Carl Vinson battle group is weighing anchor and setting sail for the Caribbean. She is heavily equipped as are some of the support ships and we could start launching rescue missions tomorrow.

Goes to show that when you want the job done, there is only one number to call.

"Good morning, this is the United States Navy. This is a non-secure line, how can I help you?"

Uh-huh. The biggest, the baddest, the fastest, the best. USN on the way again!

OU812

Dear GOD the suffering-the incredible, unbelievable, horror those people are going through...

If you have people there, are missing people there, etc, please know you are in the thoughts and constant prayers of millions upon millions of people.

Latest posts

Latest posts