What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Juice Users

Ez Rider

Veteran
After an initial 5gal/pot flush on thursday and friday(half the plants each night), I did another runoff test on saturday. Runoff EC was back up to ~4.0 on the plants I tested. I decided to repeat the flushing procedure, and was able to flush them all again on saturday.

I did runoff tests on a few plants on sunday, and now the EC is around 1.5. Hopefully I've managed to flush the bad stuff out. Probably tomorrow or wednesday, I'll do a few more runoff tests. If the #'s still look good, I'll water/feed at full strength, and hope for the best.

The plants appear to be recovering, but they got pretty beat up(and week 4 of flower) before I could run down the problem. I may have to let the 8wk ones go longer. Lesson #1: ALWAYS test my soil BEFORE I place valuable plants in it! Lesson #2: Just because the manufacturer says it MUST be something I'm doing wrong, DOESN'T make it so.

Wonder where all those salts came from. Amazon has a high coco content...maybe it was a "little" salty"? I'll definitely be making/testing my own mix next run.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Well, I'm still waiting for them to dry out:tumbleweed:. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. The plants still look rough though(see pics).

I've never had the wheels fall off a grow like this before...it's VERY disheartening. I asked EJ about the high runoff EC, and they seem to think it's nothing to worry about. I'm starting to wonder if they have their heads in an uncomfortable place?

ANYBODY?

Attachments

• P1010172.jpg
    P1010172.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010179.jpg
    P1010179.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010180.jpg
    P1010180.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010182.jpg
    P1010182.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 23

Ez Rider

Veteran
Lights came on, they're still soaked and looking like hell. I'm gonna throw in the towel on this one I think. It's a lot of work and $$$ down the drain, but I don't see any payoff in 5 weeks, just a bigger mess and more frustration. The worst part is I'm still not sure what went wrong. EJ will not back down from their insisting this system is practically foolproof. I'll have to check on clone availability tomorrow, maybe change out this weekend.

Any mentor types out there willing to help me make the EJ work? I've got lots left, and I'd like to salvage something from this debacle. I've had pretty good success with H&G in the past, but wanted to go more natural.

Granger2

Veteran
EZ,
Looks like you're getting some pretty good buds. I would keep-a-goin, and get what you can out of the time/$ invested, then change out. Good luck. -granger

Ground Up

I've took a look at the thread you guys mentioned. It's interesting stuff, but I don't have the space to have a bunch of soil/compost just sitting around "cooking", or teas sitting around bubbling. I thought this was the point of the EJ system. The garden itself takes up most of my free space.

EJ advertises that their nutes used in conjunction with their amazon bloom soil(of course) is a foolproof system. No ph-ing required, just mix with tap water and feed. This is what attracted me to the line to start with. I'm no expert, but it's pretty obvious to me that I'm having ph related problems, and the soil isn't buffering it like it's supposed to.

Is EJ likely to work well with one of LC's mixes? One of these would be much more practical in my situation.

From this thread, and others I gather that EJ is used by many with great success. Why isn't it working for me?

I have had stunning results with EJ.. however i use the sugar peak line.... when i use it in veg i always bubble it for three days and then ph down the res....0 issues.
i use coco and soil . both work great. its a great all around . in flower i mix and water ..the ph climbs up by itself in the pot... again no issues.. i only use catalsyt in veg and first four weeks in flower. after that i only use grand finale in the last four weeks ..
i know a few people in there soil ... my only recomendation is to add lots of perlite to the mix... heres a pic of product. results r there!

Attachments

• IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 24
H

highquality32

anyone tried briximus maximus yet?? is it worth spraying your plants ?

M

maestroman22

Haven't tried the hi-brix yet. However, I use the old school EJ line in conjunction with some AACT's. I foliar spray those with neem one-two times a week during veg.

Anyone see any problems with mixing for a 27 g res and feeding blackstrap molasses every few days to keep the micro herd alive? It's aerated.

I've done it before with good results via blumat (believe it or not, no clogs-knock on wood) in my prior two grows. Just wondering if anyone out there can see an issue with this? Would love any advice if someone has some to share.

Peace and love!

furrywall11

Anyone ever used Earth Juice Elements grow 16.0.0 to correct a N problem in large mature outdoor plants? It suggests 1ml/gallon and I just can't see that doing the trick. Has anyone had some experiences they're willing to share? THANKS! :)

Barahng

I'm in the process of switching from using chemical hydro nutes to growing organically in soil using Earth Juice, and I was wondering something about pH... when I first mix up my recipe in a gallon of water I check the pH and its really low, around 4, but then I put an airstone in the bucket and aerate the mix and after about 36 hours the pH climbs to almost 9

Is it ok to feed my plants the mix as it is with such a high pH or should I be adjusting the pH down before feeding? I read mixed things about the importance of pH when growing organically so I'm confused

Thank you

Fortunately for you, pH is a nonissue in an organic system, or at least thats what several posters here say, posters that I hold in high regard for their knowledge of the craft.
My understanding is rudimentary, but the microbial life in your soil works with the plant (and its root exudates) to balance pH, no pH up or down required.

Im back, quit growing potatos but I just wanted to see how this thread was going.

Haven't used earth juice or my meters in years but curious if my previous info was helpful or accurate ?

Alot of smart orgainic growers didn't agree with my ideas of teasting runoff ph and or ec in an organic grow but I still feel it can be useful info.

Comments ?

betshtick

Any mentor types out there willing to help me make the EJ work? I've got lots left, and I'd like to salvage something from this debacle. I've had pretty good success with H&G in the past, but wanted to go more natural.

Don't over think it :)

The advice to bubble EJ into a tea is good, but that's not necessary.

You can just mix it, ph it and feed. The only real downside is you'll go through a lot of ph up, like 1Tbps/gal. Ignore what they (EJ) say about not having to ph, it's hogwash.

EJ is actually pretty mild, so makes sense their soil is hot. I have been using it with growilla dry nutes and haven't had to dial back much on either.

Been reading some of the threads around here and I hear the top growers using it as a helpful tool to see if their media is overly saturated by inspecting the runoff.

Simply put, when the runoff has an high ec reading and the ph is good, its wise to quit feeding till the reading drop.

Father Earth talked about it in his big soil little room thread, some other pros too.

the toad

I tried earth juice the other day, mixed up 300gallons, bubbled/mixed it for 24 hours, then checked the PH, the solution turned bright red, after a whole bottle of PH up was added with no change I simply dumped it does the drain and fed them Flora nova instead... Not to mention the earth juice smells like the local landfill crossed with sour milk... Earth juice sucks!

the toad

Also, as I pumped out the reservoir, the first 250 gallons came out of the hose clear, the next 45 were mud, the last 5 i had to scoop out with a shovel!

the toad

Going back to the hydro store today to stick it up the salesmans ass...

4.0 PH ..... 4.6 after a quart of PH up...

Also the tree I dumped it on looks to be going into shock from the super low PH... Sure glad I didn't use it on my cannabis grow!

Granger2

Veteran
You bubbled it how, with what kind of air pump? Did you inoculate it with EWC or compost? I think you got some old EJ judging by your description of the smell. Original EJ line is not intended for reservoirs or hydro. -granger

the toad

You bubbled it how, with what kind of air pump? Did you inoculate it with EWC or compost? I think you got some old EJ judging by your description of the smell. Original EJ line is not intended for reservoirs or hydro. -granger

Was brand new stuff, said on the bottle it was made in January, used a big ass air pump with 2 huge stones and also circulated it the whole time with a pond pump making a fountain in the middle of the reservoir...

Latest posts

Latest posts