What's new

Earth Juice Users

baet

my catalyst smells acidic, like apple cider vinegar... is that normal, and it fizzes. i use it with ageold organics which naturally raises pH.
but is my catalyst old? it doesnt smell like sweet molasses

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Is there anyone using earth juice meta K? If so do you use it in veg aswell as flower, or just mid/late flower?

JoJoDancer

What's the shelf life for this stuff? I've a few bottles laying around for at least 2.5 years. It certainly smells like crap now. But if I remember it smelled like crap when i bought it.

przcvctm

Amazon Bloom--Four weeks ago I germinated seeds directly in it. All germed, and thrived, no burns or funkiness.

As of today, none of the plants show any signs of deficiencies, micro or macro, and have yet to be fertilized. At it's best years ago, FFOF would've been yellowing and rusting on the bottom fans before being this far along.

Except for maybe doing a little better job of screening the sticks out of the mix, this is the best I've used.

Sweet info. i been using EJ for 4 years and i thought i was the only 1 haha. it seems every1 uses all the major nutes i never see any1 using EJ so this thread is awesome. happy growin 2 all EJ nuters peace

RipVanWeed

Hey Earth Juicers,

Just bought my 1st jug'o juice (bloom). Shook the hell out of it, then measured it into a bucket of bubbled city water. Then I dropped in an airstone and kicked on the pump. As the water roiled around I noticed that there were blobs of tan material floating. It's been 36 hrs. now and there are still some blobs, they squish up easily, but leave a slightly oily feel on my fingers.

I'm currently shaking and reshaking the jug, but do y'all think the batch I've already brewed is still OK, or should I start over?

Sidenote: I started brewing some tea for my Outdoor grow using FloraNova Bloom, molasses, alfala, and fresh EWC from my worm bin. The FN Bloom mixture foamed over in 24 hrs. I see that as a sign of active biology. The Earth Juice, while it seems that the ingrediants should activate but there's not much action?

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

Kushed

I have a similar question, I got the veg and bloom and micro, I use ro water and so far only used the veg. When bubbling around the top of the bucket it gets this dark slime stuff, is this normal?

przcvctm

After adequate shaking and stirring, what should the consistency of Bloom be as poured from the bottle? My Grow is like melted milkshake, kind of thick whereas the Bloom is more like milk, kind of thin. The Catalyst is watery.

EJ veterans, does that sound right?

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Hey Earth Juicers,

Just bought my 1st jug'o juice (bloom). Shook the hell out of it, then measured it into a bucket of bubbled city water. Then I dropped in an airstone and kicked on the pump. As the water roiled around I noticed that there were blobs of tan material floating. It's been 36 hrs. now and there are still some blobs, they squish up easily, but leave a slightly oily feel on my fingers.

I'm currently shaking and reshaking the jug, but do y'all think the batch I've already brewed is still OK, or should I start over?

Sidenote: I started brewing some tea for my Outdoor grow using FloraNova Bloom, molasses, alfala, and fresh EWC from my worm bin. The FN Bloom mixture foamed over in 24 hrs. I see that as a sign of active biology. The Earth Juice, while it seems that the ingrediants should activate but there's not much action?

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

Any idea how old the bottle was? In theory this stuff only has a good shelf life of 12-24 months. I've recently had to get a new bottle of grow because the one i had was 2+ years old and was way to thick.

When you get a proper ej mix bubbling, it will foam up for 24 hours like ur FN did. However with that said, mine doesnt seem to foam half as much as it did when i was using a new container. I remember we had it on the kitchen counter and it overflowed foam of ej grow everywhere. Now it doesnt leave the container.

Lastly. When u get ur bloom shook up good, I take it u got a gallon. Get a 1 litter water bottle and pour it 80% full. Then when u go to feed get it from the 1 litter. Its 10x easier to shake.

I have a similar question, I got the veg and bloom and micro, I use ro water and so far only used the veg. When bubbling around the top of the bucket it gets this dark slime stuff, is this normal?

Perfectly normal, although i assume it cant be beneficial. It stops it from foaming so much it seems.

After adequate shaking and stirring, what should the consistency of Bloom be as poured from the bottle? My Grow is like melted milkshake, kind of thick whereas the Bloom is more like milk, kind of thin. The Catalyst is watery.

EJ veterans, does that sound right?

EDIT: That sounds perfect, sorry i totally misread that and thought that was the 2nd time you were posting.

Last edited:

przcvctm

Going into the flowering stretch of 12/12 using Amazon Bloom, I still had only been giving my plants casting tea because the fans almost looked too green. Really healthy, and really green. Then at about 10 days, I noticed the bottom most fan leaves on both plants start to lighten. Of course I noticed this right after watering, so I had to wait a few days before I could fert.

In those couple of days the yellowing started spreading up, fast. For the next two weeks I hit them every watering with full dose Grow (1 TBSP/Gal) but couldn't slow the spread. When it got into the bud fans I made the decision to not waste anymore time or nutes reasoning that at the rate they were going there was no way in hell they were going to survive 7 more weeks to finish flowering.

So for myself and hopefully others, what did I do wrong so that I don't repeat in the future? I mean, obviously I didn't start fertilizing early enough. When using EJ, when should I have started?

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Going into the flowering stretch of 12/12 using Amazon Bloom, I still had only been giving my plants casting tea because the fans almost looked too green. Really healthy, and really green. Then at about 10 days, I noticed the bottom most fan leaves on both plants start to lighten. Of course I noticed this right after watering, so I had to wait a few days before I could fert.

In those couple of days the yellowing started spreading up, fast. For the next two weeks I hit them every watering with full dose Grow (1 TBSP/Gal) but couldn't slow the spread. When it got into the bud fans I made the decision to not waste anymore time or nutes reasoning that at the rate they were going there was no way in hell they were going to survive 7 more weeks to finish flowering.

So for myself and hopefully others, what did I do wrong so that I don't repeat in the future? I mean, obviously I didn't start fertilizing early enough. When using EJ, when should I have started?

EJ bloom has no nitrogen in it. Most bloom nutes have a tiny bit, so when feeding with it, use a tiny bit of EJ grow for the first 6 weeks of flower or so.

These is a very common problem with EJ. Its a science getting it down exactly keeping the plants green but not giving them too much N.

Also the plants would have finished just fine. Smaller/alot less yield than normal. But the quality would have been just fine.

Xero000

I'm a believer in the quality of EJ products but just wanted to share that they did give me some pH lockout problems the first time I used them. The stuff *is* pretty acidic - mine tested (using a Hannah meter & GH drops) out at 4.0-4.5 when adding 1T of Grow per Gal of H20.

Didn't think I'd have to worry so much about pH growing organic in soil (FFOF) but sure enough I got lockout after a few weeks of feeding 1-2 times per week. Now I pH adjust UP to about 6.0 before I feed and only feed once a week and make sure I add an extra helping (2T / Gal) of dolomitic lime to my soil recipe when I mix it up. All part of the learning curve.

grasper

that's actually pretty good news for me...... my water's above 8.0
maybe now i won't have to PH down before feeding :joint:

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I'm a believer in the quality of EJ products but just wanted to share that they did give me some pH lockout problems the first time I used them. The stuff *is* pretty acidic - mine tested (using a Hannah meter & GH drops) out at 4.0-4.5 when adding 1T of Grow per Gal of H20.

One of the things with EJ is you gotta bubble it 24 hours ahead of time, this way the PH will raise naturally. I mean if u want to just add ph up a bunch you can do that too, but its highly recommended to bubble it instead, or bubble it and also add ph up.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ my brother uses EJ and does just fine adding straight tap water?

I suggest someone might switch if they have to bubble a nute.. one more step that could be avoided

happyhi

how much dolomite would you put in a 5 gal pot? using amazon bloom soil and i've read here to amend with dolomite ,i didn't, is it too late?

grasper

which do you EJ users think would be more effective in helping innoculate
my plants, if only able to purchase one supplement (between Catalyst and Microblast)?

already have grow and bloom, and some organic BS molasses.
initially, i'd say the microblast would have more benefit, but i wonder
if the extras in catalyst would promote a healthier culture.
(tap is all i have access to; very hard water with a PH over 8-8.5....)