What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Juice Users

Granger2

Veteran
If you don't like EJ, use something else. For 300 gal batches your "big ass" pump may not be enough. A qt of up is only .1 oz/gal. Again, did you inoculate this big ass batch? If you want bottles that are really organic there will be solids. EJ is one of the few that's crude enough to really be organic. The way you raise pH by bubbling is the herd does it for you. Multiplying the herd is hard to do if you don't inoculate so there will be a herd to multiply. -granger

the toad

I ended up with GH organics line, mixed up 5 gallons this time instead of 300 just for a test, it came out to 6.4 just stirring it into RO water. No bubbling or innoculating or curing or stewing or wild PH readings or foul odors (manure I'm fine with, landfill and rotting milk, not so much)

Anyways, maybe earth juice is fine if you wanna make your own mix, but it sucks for guys who just wanna be able to use what's in the bottle without a lot of messing with it first...

LostTribe

Premium user
Going back to the hydro store today to stick it up the salesmans ass...

4.0 PH ..... 4.6 after a quart of PH up...

Also the tree I dumped it on looks to be going into shock from the super low PH... Sure glad I didn't use it on my cannabis grow!

You should read the bottle before you buy something not made for using in hydroponics I assume as you stated you are using a rez!

EJ is the shit but is not for hydro. PERIOD.

I have used catalyst before as an additive however.

Ej grow smells like a swamp bog, earthy, funky, but not nasty.

Works best inoculated with soil microbes, molasses, bubbled 1-3 days depending on desired pH level.

* but can be used with no bubbling, molasses if used properly.

nicko0

whats up with this recipe on earth juices' site

this is a recipe on ej website. why the verdi fire? why not add more ej grow? their big bloomin guano is just P, is this helping any? also is this recipe too strong to replace water and use at every watering? and is this recipe acceptable in a soilless medium?

The EJ “GIANT” Grow Tea-TP
Vegetative formula

1. EJ Grow: 1Tbsp
2. Big Bloomin Guano: 1tsp
3. Catalyst: 1tsp
4. MicroBlast: 1tsp
5. Verde Fire Grow: 1tsp
6. Hi-Brix MFP: 2tsp
7. Meta-K: 1/4 tsp
8. OilyCan: 1 tsp
9. Assist: 1/2tsp
10. Bio-Righteous: 1/2tsp
11. Rooter’s Mycorrhizae 1/2tsp. If store for more than 5 days, recommend to add just prior to using.

Use with no dilution. Can store closed and vented in a cool area out of direct sunlight for 2-3 days.
Store “cold” up to 2 weeks.

nicko0

this is a recipe on ej website. why the verdi fire? why not add more ej grow? their big bloomin guano is just P, is this helping any? also is this recipe too strong to replace water and use at every watering? and is this recipe acceptable in a soilless medium?

The EJ “GIANT” Grow Tea-TP
Vegetative formula

1. EJ Grow: 1Tbsp
2. Big Bloomin Guano: 1tsp
3. Catalyst: 1tsp
4. MicroBlast: 1tsp
5. Verde Fire Grow: 1tsp
6. Hi-Brix MFP: 2tsp
7. Meta-K: 1/4 tsp
8. OilyCan: 1 tsp
9. Assist: 1/2tsp
10. Bio-Righteous: 1/2tsp
11. Rooter’s Mycorrhizae 1/2tsp. If store for more than 5 days, recommend to add just prior to using.

Use with no dilution. Can store closed and vented in a cool area out of direct sunlight for 2-3 days.
Store “cold” up to 2 weeks.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
who mixes 300 gal of a brand new product line without bothering to learn about it first? the same person that dosent learn about it after and goes online to a cannabis forum to bitch about its ph. dude didnt even feed his plants, just a random tree...
for the record, i used ej for years. i used it to supplement tea for my lightly amended soil. using lc or phillthy mix for soil, id lay right into it with max amounts of full ej suite. i started out bubbling the damn tea for 72 hrs to adjust the ph, got tired of it after a year or so, and just started mixing and and watering. i would put over a half gallon of tea in a 3gal pot. tea would have a ph of four. plants were fine. loved it. moral of the story is, work with it. if you have lime in a correctly prepared soil, youll probably be fine. explore, test, try.

Lugo

Veteran
Hi all! I was pleased and surprised to find out Earth Juice was still around.

I discovered it many moons ago at a grow shop in Clearwater Florida where I also purchased a Diamond Luminarc 500HPS and was expertly (and expeditously) attended by a very nice older dude that kind of reminded me of Bob Ross. He was nice enough to cut a hole into to the hood for me and warned me about high temps in the room and how I would need to set up a ventilation system.

I purchased a bottle each of veg and bloom and it was so thick and silty I swore that the man himself was making it!

This was sometime in the mid to late 90's so I wonder if Earth Juice has a Florida connection or a connection to that grow shop.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Latest posts