What's new

Earth Juice - Anything you want to bring up!!!

Dan - Thats a topped Tiki Green Devil from seed, under 400W CMH, 70 day flower with very poor conditions.

Zeek - I like to use EJ rootstock for small plants (clones & rooted seedlings) & random use from there on out. Its really mellow for the little ones - great foliar also.

Crow - Fungus really takes to the fish it seems - like to use small amounts of it for that reason during flower.

FinestKind

lately we been using pbp for veg and ej bloom/catalyst/meta k for flower.
Hygrozyme makes my roots explode with ej. Also increased yield a noticable amount.

We used to use the whole ej line, but I dont like having to bubble my veg nutes and i dont like using ej not bubbled.

My reasoning exactly for sometimes using fish emulsion during veg, especially on my moms...

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Do most of you using the E.J line follow a weekly schedule adding your nute or do you just dose them when they need it?

L

liquidmaco

when i converted to ej from pbp i thought of course there was a schedule to be made somehow but after taking in all the info to date ive decided to go on an as needed approach and have been rewarded thus far.

FinestKind

Do most of you using the E.J line follow a weekly schedule adding your nute or do you just dose them when they need it?

I use a schedule, basically JMan's schedule modified a bit for the specific needs of my plants. Basically, I feed every watering... from what I've learned (mostly from this site), it's best to give them a little bit every time you water rather than a larger amount more occasionally. This prevents a "feast or famine" situation: they always have the nutrients they need, when they need them, and are not "waiting around" for large doses (that they won't be able to use all of at once, anyway)... that's my understanding, anyway, and it makes good sense to me!

FK

FinestKind

I'm doing the same thing, and am wondering what sort of adjustments you've specifically made? Also, are you brewing, or just mix and pour?

I brew it for 3 or 4 days (or however long it takes to get my pH into the desired range.) Although I am learning, and gradually accepting, that pH doesn't matter so much in organic gardening, I still can't help but feel that a pH of 3.8 (which is what the mix is when I first make it) can't be a good thing. I try to get it to between 5 and 6-ish before using it.

Specifically, I've cut back the Bloom a little bit, as it was burning my Indicas. For instance, this time around I'm using the week 3 Bloom amount in week 4 of flowering, week 4 in week 5, etc, essentially cutting it back a step. Everything looks great so far. I have also been including the Ca/Mg+ from General Organics, as the Microblast seems to be a bit weak in the Mg department. Also, with my next cycle, I am planning on increasing the Grow by 50% in the second week of veg, as they have been showing some N deficiencies in early veg.

Other than those couple of little things (I've actually just started using Liquid Karma this cycle to get some humates in there, as well), it's a solid schedule... he really did his research and documented it well... but, of course, individual results may vary! I.e., it depends on the strain... trial and error, sadly!

Hope that helps.

FK

Last edited:

FinestKind

Helllo, Earth Juicers! Hope everyone's summer has been "fruitful"... I'd hate to see this thread die, as it has been so useful to so many of us, but it has been idle for some time. I thought I'd take this opportunity to plug my journal for my new grow, Dutchgrown's LUI 13, on the EJ, of course. Stop on by if you have a minute, let me know how I'm doing, and keep THIS thread alive, too!

https://www.icmag.com/modules/Journal/viewentry.php?journalid=844

FinestKind

How much grow during flowering?

How much grow during flowering?

Hello to anybody who's still out there! I've been questioning the amount of Grow I've been using during flowering, and I'm wondering how much everyone else uses? I had been roughly following JMan's schedule, as I have mentioned before on this thread, except this time I was too damn broke to afford the Hygrozyme. What I'm wondering is, how much Grow you folks typically use during flowering? I've been using 10ml per gallon (2/3TB or 2 tsp) on this grow, and I'm finding a lot of leaves turning yellow. However, this is a brand new strain for me, so I don't know if it's the lack of Hygrozyme or just not enough N for these...so please tell me, how much do you use?

Thanks!

FK

justiceman

Veteran
Hey Finest Kind I haven't used EJ yet but I would assume that you just need to add more grow. Some strains require more N then others.

Hey I have an earth juice question for you guys. I just recently purchased a drip system. Can I use the Grow, bloom, catalyst, meta k, etc without clogging the pump or drip lines?

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
yea finest the hygrozyme helps the plants uptake the nutrients more efficiently so im pretty sure he fed less. so maybe you should try at least a tablespoon. the grow isnt really the best for fixing a nitrogen deficiency in my opinion. i always use some fish or something. hope it works out.

LetsSeeYa

great thread, iv just bought the EJ line. it seems easy, but first time to really use ferts inside so i guess im going to need to read all of the thread...............

glad its here

LSY

Scrappy4

Veteran
Hello to anybody who's still out there! I've been questioning the amount of Grow I've been using during flowering, and I'm wondering how much everyone else uses? I had been roughly following JMan's schedule, as I have mentioned before on this thread, except this time I was too damn broke to afford the Hygrozyme. What I'm wondering is, how much Grow you folks typically use during flowering? I've been using 10ml per gallon (2/3TB or 2 tsp) on this grow, and I'm finding a lot of leaves turning yellow. However, this is a brand new strain for me, so I don't know if it's the lack of Hygrozyme or just not enough N for these...so please tell me, how much do you use?

Thanks!

FK

Hey FK, what up?

Not sure if I'm all that qualified to give any numbers since I amend my soil and only add EJ occasionally.

But if your following jmans schedule, are you using spray and grow, like he does, or any cal/mag products. I heard that spray and grow works well for keeping your leaves green well into flower.....

Second thought, have you tried EJ foliar? Maybe this could help more quickly.........anyway hope this helps you somehow.......scrappy

I am always nervous about any foliage spraying once you are in flower. Always hard to keep the RH down right afterward. Unless you spray in your grow area you also need to move them outside of the room to do so. Just my experience. I think if you brew the tea and give smaller applications each watering then your plants will uptake the nutes more efficiently over time. I use at least 2tbs per gallon EJ Grow up through the first 3 weeks of flower....During veg I have hit them with 3tbs per gal at the height of the veg cycle. They grow like monsters from clone.

I see a lot of people saying that it's hard to burn with EJ. I seem to have no trouble getting burn from my ladies. Of course I have an amended soil so that could be part of the reason. It's not like the burn I would get with FF or other nutes. They just get twisty and start odd spots and some curl.

User error of course, just fed too much. In my amended soil I can feed every two weeks at regular strength and I get great results. I use Grow, Bloom, Cat, Meta-k and microblast. I also switch up FF big bloom with the EJ bloom since my girls seem to like the variety.

I do like most people, I premix 24-36 hours, test for PH in the 6-7 range and feed when it's doing best. I use the EJ up and down for further adjustments. I have tried to just mix and not PH at all but I started to get some very obvious PH issues. Looked like cal mag def with droopy tops.

I am thinking about starting the Blumats, I really get sick of watering the 10 gal smartpots. I don't know how that works with foamy nutrient solutions, I guess I would just hand water feedings and leave the drip system on pure water.

calientecarlos

Veteran
I shake the EJ seablast with my grandma's molasses and hot water in a jar then mix it in my my 5 gally. It's money all day! For my outdoor i'd sprinkle it on top of a molasses puddle below the drip emitter and pow right in the kisser! Nuff said:)

I shake the EJ seablast with my grandma's molasses and hot water in a jar then mix it in my my 5 gally. It's money all day! For my outdoor i'd sprinkle it on top of a molasses puddle below the drip emitter and pow right in the kisser! Nuff said:)

How are you liking the EJ seablast products?

supermanlives

Veteran
Hey Finest Kind I haven't used EJ yet but I would assume that you just need to add more grow. Some strains require more N then others.

Hey I have an earth juice question for you guys. I just recently purchased a drip system. Can I use the Grow, bloom, catalyst, meta k, etc without clogging the pump or drip lines?

if your using drippers and not open lines expect clogs. if you install a filter you will be cleaning it alot.

Latest posts

Latest posts