What's new

Earth Juice - Anything you want to bring up!!!

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Wow, I think I'm talking to the wall here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Other than the above questions, I also have one other: What happened to Earth Juice's OMRI certification, does anyone know? I swear the first couple of bottles had printed on them "OMRI certified," but now they don't- and I couldn't find them on the OMRI site... anyone?
FinestKind

Just for starters, one of the reasons that they may have lost their OMRI 'listing' (OMRI has no legal status - they can't certify anything) is that they may have refused to pay the blood money that OMRI requires for their useless sticker.

The larger the company - the more you have to pay, i.e. the stipend you are required to pay is dependent on your company's gross sales/revenues.

If you've got enough money - you could probably get an OMRI 'listing' on bottled dog urine.

CC

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
RE: OMRI

From their web site is the following information
OMRI's funding comes from a variety of sources, including sales of publications, grants, donations, and subscriptions. Mainly, however, the organization generates income through fees collected for the review of products intended for use in organic production or processing. Also, OMRI operates an organic seed information service to help growers find organic seeds.
Heh................

CC

Metatron

Has anyone used microblast? I've yet to come acquire some azomite to amend with so I've used microblast in lieu.

When added to my tea mix once it made my girls all a deeper green, its fixed magnesium deficiencies that I've been having.

I like it and want to keep using it unless its killing my microherd or something detrimental for the girls.

Hey everyone,

So, I was given a quart of both GO Bio Bud bloom booster .5-.1-1 and Diamond Black liquid humic acids 0-0-1, and I'm wondering how I can safely work them into my EJ regimen... I am following Jman's schedule, and I am in Week 2 of flowering... anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

FK

Hey I don't see why you can't add that to your EJ mix. The EJ is a pretty mild formula unless you are mixing some extra strong batches....I was going to add Kool Bloom and Cal/Mag to my EJ formula this run. I am getting ready to switch to 12/12 tonight.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
hey

This happened a while back, but I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.

My Earth Juice Metak develops crystals/chunks over time. I had owned a 1gal bottle that was going on a year before it started to precipitate the solids and when that happened, I threw out the gallon and bought a pint of MetaK. Unfortunately, this little bottle had the crystals in it from the time of purchase (I checked all the bottles at the store, all were chunky).

So give your MetaK a shake and let us know if you hear anything bouncing around in that big white bottle. I believe these crystals are whatever K+ salt EJ is using as a K supplement, but I ain't no chemist.

I've never used earth juice, however I have had many liquid nutes do this. Usually you can get them to dissolve back into the mix by just shaking the hell out of the bottle for a few minutes. I mean really shake it hard like a paint mixing machine. hope it works.

Last edited:

Zendo

Hey everyone,

So, I was given a quart of both GO Bio Bud bloom booster .5-.1-1 and Diamond Black liquid humic acids 0-0-1, and I'm wondering how I can safely work them into my EJ regimen... I am following Jman's schedule, and I am in Week 2 of flowering... anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

FK

You can use those with no problems..

Bio bud Ingredients: Plant protein hydrolysate, rock phosphate and sea kelp.
it's like .5-.1-1.. GO recommends 2.5ml per gallon from early to late flower..EJ bloom already has the rock phos. and kelp, so maybe just add this in once a week?

Humic acid - Just use as recommended, unless you are already using powdered, or unless it's in EJ's other stuff..They don't have a recommended usage for this on their site, so i would just go by the bottle.

Either way, both of those are fine, and like anything else, as long as you don't over do it, you'll be gravy.

FinestKind

Has anyone used microblast? I've yet to come acquire some azomite to amend with so I've used microblast in lieu.

When added to my tea mix once it made my girls all a deeper green, its fixed magnesium deficiencies that I've been having.

I like it and want to keep using it unless its killing my microherd or something detrimental for the girls.

First of all, where have you all been? :p Metatron, I use microblast as part of my EJ regimen... it won't kill your herd and only does good things for the girls (as far as I've seen!)

FinestKind

FinestKind

Just for starters, one of the reasons that they may have lost their OMRI 'listing' (OMRI has no legal status - they can't certify anything) is that they may have refused to pay the blood money that OMRI requires for their useless sticker.

The larger the company - the more you have to pay, i.e. the stipend you are required to pay is dependent on your company's gross sales/revenues.

If you've got enough money - you could probably get an OMRI 'listing' on bottled dog urine.

CC

I've been kinda having this creeping feeling that's what's going on with OMRI. I mean, it's good to know that the stuff that's in your various products is, indeed, organic, but like you said, a pay as you go system seems dubious... although it is pretty cheap for a listing, at $400 for less than $1 million annual sales, but the smaller companies may simply find it to be too expensive (that's per product, too!)... oh well... a racket is a racket, whatever the business you're in.

Zendo

FK- As a follow up, I use powdered humic in my teas, maybe every other or 3rd watering..about once a week..

Diamond black 0-0-1 recommends:
Potted Plants - Mix 1 Tbsp. per gallon of water.

It's potassium and 6% humic..

Not sure on the frequency that they recommend though..go once a week and see, or follow bottle.

Zendo

anyone use the EJ product Escential spray??

Here is what I found..

Earth Juice Escential Spray

A bounty of fragrance! Used to enhance flavor and bouquet, Earth Juice Escential is a natural aromatic scent concentrate, consisting of the purest botanical extracts and natural trans-penetrates. May be watered in, added to hydroponic reservoirs, or used as a foliar spray. Can be used alone or mixed with other foliage sprays. Not a fertilizer.

Use Escential Spray on compost, foliage, and in stock tanks to help repel insects and add a pleasant scent.

Ingredients: Extracts of kelp, quinoa, eucalyptus, orange, capsicum, rosemary, patchouli, tea tree, lemon grass, cloves, lavender, ginger, molasses, and citric acid.

I was given a gallon (the guy offered 2) of this stuff, and not sure if it's worth using or not in compost tea feedings, or if I should just dump it outside in my flower beds and forget it..

It's not listed on their product page, so this may be a discontinued product..If so, then it must not be worth using..

thoughts?

Dorje113

anyone use the EJ product Escential spray??

Here is what I found..

Earth Juice Escential Spray

A bounty of fragrance! Used to enhance flavor and bouquet, Earth Juice Escential is a natural aromatic scent concentrate, consisting of the purest botanical extracts and natural trans-penetrates. May be watered in, added to hydroponic reservoirs, or used as a foliar spray. Can be used alone or mixed with other foliage sprays. Not a fertilizer.

Use Escential Spray on compost, foliage, and in stock tanks to help repel insects and add a pleasant scent.

Ingredients: Extracts of kelp, quinoa, eucalyptus, orange, capsicum, rosemary, patchouli, tea tree, lemon grass, cloves, lavender, ginger, molasses, and citric acid.

I was given a gallon (the guy offered 2) of this stuff, and not sure if it's worth using or not in compost tea feedings, or if I should just dump it outside in my flower beds and forget it..

It's not listed on their product page, so this may be a discontinued product..If so, then it must not be worth using..

thoughts?

I saw it a while ago and decided not to purchase it.

Zendo

what ratio do you use?

The bottle gives no real indication of amount per gallon..I was just going to dump a couple tablespoons into my 5 gallon brewer, but any input would be great.

FinestKind

FK- As a follow up, I use powdered humic in my teas, maybe every other or 3rd watering..about once a week..

Diamond black 0-0-1 recommends:
Potted Plants - Mix 1 Tbsp. per gallon of water.

It's potassium and 6% humic..

Not sure on the frequency that they recommend though..go once a week and see, or follow bottle.

Thanks a lot for the input... that's my plan, once a week until gone at a little less than the strength they recommend (basically, one quart bottle will last me three weeks divided into my 48 gallons of brew... you can do the math :p) Finally, my guy is giving me samples I can use! He also gave me a bottle of the organic CalMag+ and a bottle of GO Bloom, the later which I will probably not use, but 3 out of 4 (and $88 worth of useful stuff) ain't bad.

FK

Im using around 1 or 2 Tbs per 5 gal of Escential during the final weeks of flower almost every watering.

Those teas also contain about the same amount of EJ Bloom & Rootstock - AN Sweet Leaf - Liquid Karma - FF Big Bloom.

Then a HEAVY regular watering - soil is bone dry in 3 days - 3 days bone dry with lights on - then 3 days in pitch black - then harvest.

I start that final 9 day cycle when the trichs start to darken.

Biggest buds so far with that combo - plan to stick with that method again.

Zendo

Thanks a lot for the input... that's my plan, once a week until gone at a little less than the strength they recommend (basically, one quart bottle will last me three weeks divided into my 48 gallons of brew... you can do the math :p) Finally, my guy is giving me samples I can use! He also gave me a bottle of the organic CalMag+ and a bottle of GO Bloom, the later which I will probably not use, but 3 out of 4 (and $88 worth of useful stuff) ain't bad.

FK

FK- If you don't want that GO bloom, I'll take it!!

I'll tell you, I'm using it right now on a few different strains with great results..

I'm feeding them 1/2 way between the recommended 'light' and 'heavy' dosages every watering, and I can say that my patients and I are very stoked.

Why do the last 15 days feel longer than the first 2 months?:watchplant:

Zendo

Im using around 1 or 2 Tbs per 5 gal of Escential during the final weeks of flower almost every watering.

Those teas also contain about the same amount of EJ Bloom & Rootstock - AN Sweet Leaf - Liquid Karma - FF Big Bloom.

Then a HEAVY regular watering - soil is bone dry in 3 days - 3 days bone dry with lights on - then 3 days in pitch black - then harvest.

I start that final 9 day cycle when the trichs start to darken.

Biggest buds so far with that combo - plan to stick with that method again.

Cool man, I'll give it a shot.. I have a different 'end sequence' than you, but I'm for sure going to use this stuff..I figure it can't hurt, and whats free is free..

We'll see.

What are you guys doing for an end sequence - "the final push" ?

Im trying to stress them out & force them to pull from the plant, not the roots.

* The Escential is kinda chunky / clumpy - some globs that were on the top layer of soil after feeding teas where engulfed in fungus the next day.

Not sure if it's been brought up but EJ Grow is not organic. Besides that all their products are too expensive for what you get. Making your own teas are really the most cost effective and better choice. I have my patients use Roots Grow and Bloom till they get that green thumb.

Peace,

Rocky

Sorry guys, should've googled it my damn self. Got that info from The Rev over at Skunk Mag, it was in one of the last couple of Issues in his TLO column. Had to say it kinda shocked me. Thanks for the B.S. Rev. Sorry everyone else. Still not an EJ fan...so I will quietly leave this thread alone. Sorry again.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been brought up but EJ Grow is not organic. Besides that all their products are too expensive for what you get. Making your own teas are really the most cost effective and better choice. I have my patients use Roots Grow and Bloom till they get that green thumb.

Peace,

Rocky

Just curious, what makes EJ not organic? Also at $10/quart for most of their line, what is expensive about that? I do agree that making teas would be the more cost effective solution, but EJ is ready right out of the bottle and easy for most people to mix and match.