What's new

Dyson Air Multiplier using annular jet technology

TheBudFather

I wouldnt buy 1 of these for my growroom..... they are OK at best. It gives out a lovely smooth soft breeze, where as normal fans have blades wofting choppy noisy wind.. Dysons smooooth constant gentle breeze is nice if you are a fussy rich bastard stuck in an office.... Id buy something half the price with twice the kick for the growroom.

I was mug enough to buy a dyson vacuum cleaner a few years back. Yes the suction is good and stays that way, but apart from that it's useless piece of shit. The carpet brush is weak and stops brushing when in contact with carpet and the telescopic hose keeps collapsing when in use.

I ended up buying a supermarket branded vacuum for about one quarter of the price which I use in preference to the dyson. The dyson is now buried at the back of the cupboard.

That tells me all I need to know about dyson products.

payes

but now you have a special carbon active filter allow to suck as much material to fill completely now you have a 124dB filter that can be heard 2km away and you can call it the DYYYYYYYSOOOOOONN

Herborizer

Veteran
They're built for people that need to do very straightforward tasks in most case (some notable exceptions). It's just the mac people that don't really understand the differences and believe the marketing and brand identity which has little to do with reality. They're fine machines with great cases. But for the cost, you could get a PC with a great deal more...everything. And IME my friends macs need a LOT more service than my PCs.

This is absolutely false.

G

guest4098

I own a DC25 animal and love it. It works noticeably better then any other vacuum I have used. The Dyson fans look interesting but I couldn't justify the expense.

R

rick shaw

It is just an in line fan built into the base. It is a better user design to have the weight at the bottom,less likely to tip over. $300 for a fan,I'll pass.

i was given the large version a bday gift about 4 months ago. the unit definitely has a 4 inch fan in the base. but, the way dyson engineered the device was to eradicate wind buffeting & turbulence. just str8 laminar air flow. it is not the most powerful, i agree. but, i tried several applications before fidning the best one. 1st, i turned it horizontal & placed it right below the bulb. the 12" opening was perfect for blowing hot air from the bulb outside the cabinet where it was ducted to another 12" can fan w/ a carbon filter on the other side. the dysons interior fan, however, was not powerful enough to totally extract all the heat from the little closet grow i used to have in my old condo. so, what i did was add a shroud beneath the intake vents for the base's fan & added a inline blower ( that has the extra 2 intakes on the side) & ducted it together. this resulted in having a inline fan feeding the dyson more air & producing more air flow thru the exhaust. i wish i had a pic, it looked pretty ugly, but it worked great for temps. odor control was always an issue, even when i scratched the whole dyson concoction to a real deal can fan w/ activated carbon. but, the difference was my dyson air multiplier was free. the can fan set up cost about 180 bux. in my opinion, the air multiplier could have soooo many awesome uses for indoor, closet, cabinet type grows. anything on a large scale, it is worthless. but i still have the dyson, it sits next to my bed though now. They make a stand up version as well, but that would be too hard to modify or duct & seal etc. was fun experimenting tho, not gonna lie. the 12' open circle really does cool the the heck out of a 1k watt bulb w/ no ducting etc. but, as i said, in the end, i had to upgrade my fans for odor control. i left the dyson there for a while afterwrds, but when i removed it, the temp only went up 2 degrees with the common cool tube, carbon exhuast set up. so, i finally removed it. pics are really worth a thousand words though. i do have pics, & inna month or so, i will post a pic of the set up so u guys understand what i actually did, MacGyver style. wish they'd show re-reuns of that show now, i loved macgyver lol

Latest posts

Latest posts