What's new

Dyson Air Multiplier using annular jet technology

I seen those in Best Buy. Their not very powerful and expensive ass shit. I suppose if you had the money to burn the would be cool for circulation, but again the aint very strong. A 7" desk fan pushes more air then that thing.Pretty neat though.

what the

It has a ducted fan that distributes air to the hoop.

Another Dyson overpriced, well packaged, marketing idea that doesn't actually work very well.

kinda like a mac.

B

BlackThumb

It has a ducted fan that distributes air to the hoop.

Another Dyson overpriced, well packaged, marketing idea that doesn't actually work very well.

kinda like a mac.

All along I thought a ducted fan was just a fan with a center axle and rotating blades inside a duct that increased air velocity.

I do not see any rotating blades inside or outside the Dyson fan.

I am now considering grabbing a sledge hammer and beating my Mac to a pulp because you say it "doesn't actually work very well"
Something I was totally unaware of prior to your post.

Thanks for the heads-up WT

Peace,
-BT

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
haha macs are the shit, apple has the best customer service of any computer company i have ever purchased from. and the fact they work great is awsome too.

Panama Red

Macs are great if you have no idea what you are doing behind a keyboard.

Or, if you want to 'think different'.

Just like everybody else.......

what the

All along I thought a ducted fan was just a fan with a center axle and rotating blades inside a duct that increased air velocity.

I do not see any rotating blades inside or outside the Dyson fan.

I am now considering grabbing a sledge hammer and beating my Mac to a pulp because you say it "doesn't actually work very well"
Something I was totally unaware of prior to your post.

Thanks for the heads-up WT

Peace,
-BT
Just don't touch the antenna. see also, two mouse buttons are just too complicated (along with anything advanced you want to do with a computer.) They sure look pretty sitting on the seat of your VW though.

Maybe you should take a sledgehammer to a dyson fan and see the axial ducted fan for yourself. (hint- you can't see it because it is inside) Do whatever you want with that Mac boat anchor.

The marketing obviously works on you.

what the

here you go, Mr. Jump To Conclusions because I was lulled into a semi-stupid state by James Dyson's British accent.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10373251-1.html

Go to the bottom of the article to see Dyson's own graphics showing the ducted fan. It's the first picture.

I expect you to conveniently ignore this post now, pretending like you never saw how completely wrong you were while attempting to show how stupid I am for ACTUALLY knowing how it works instead of simply believeing the hype.

(I know how a computer works too, unlike the vast majority of mac users)

AOD2012

Veteran
whats wrong with liking to use a computer that is simple to use? your right, i dont know all that much about computers, to think of it, i dont know anything about them, which is why a i like macs so much. no reason to talk shit about people who use macs, not everyone is fluent in computer.

what the

whats wrong with liking to use a computer that is simple to use? your right, i dont know all that much about computers, to think of it, i dont know anything about them, which is why a i like macs so much. no reason to talk shit about people who use macs, not everyone is fluent in computer.

That was just a cheap shot. Macs are fine. They're built for people that need to do very straightforward tasks in most case (some notable exceptions). It's just the mac people that don't really understand the differences and believe the marketing and brand identity which has little to do with reality. They're fine machines with great cases. But for the cost, you could get a PC with a great deal more...everything. And IME my friends macs need a LOT more service than my PCs.

Dyson on the other hand is ALL marketing. There's nothing terribly innovative in his "inventions".

B

BlackThumb

here you go, Mr. Jump To Conclusions because I was lulled into a semi-stupid state by James Dyson's British accent.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10373251-1.html

Go to the bottom of the article to see Dyson's own graphics showing the ducted fan. It's the first picture.

I expect you to conveniently ignore this post now, pretending like you never saw how completely wrong you were while attempting to show how stupid I am for ACTUALLY knowing how it works instead of simply believeing the hype.

(I know how a computer works too, unlike the vast majority of mac users)

wt,

On Topic....
I stand corrected.
I missed the fan in the base. Not what I would call a text book “ducted fan”.
Regardless, the Dyson fan is a very cool piece of engineering.

I have actually played with one, it is fascinating.
Have you?

Is it effective?
Kind of.

In a grow room is it a better bang for the buck than $20 19-inch oscillating fans?
Not in my opinion.

Would I buy one?
Maybe if it sold for < $30.

Off Topic....
I program in C++ and Python for Linux, Windows and OSX.
Should I stop supporting OSX because you don't care for Macs?
So far you have failed to convince me to do so.

How about rolling up some of your undoubtedly super awesome top-shelf herb and chill ?

Peace,
-BT

AOD2012

Veteran
haha im a suker and bought the ball vacuum. i must say that i still i still use it the same exact way as my last one, and when im vacuuming it never looks as nice and graceful as it does in the commercial.

mjg132

Dyson is all marketing,but they do work,how efficiently i dont know.
I'm a brit,im not lured by accents,and i think he sounds like a twat.
That 'fan' would be easier to clean than the normal ones,mine get dusty and rank quite easy,and im a very clean person,but it's not worth the bones.

Slightly OT if you like the posh sounding Brits,have a go on this,'The Fucking Fulfords',he's hilarious,but will make you cringe in so many ways too... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-8Oy5Mb6Y

back to innovating fans....:)

audiohi

Veteran
Dyson Air Multiplier using annular jet technology

I would never work on pro audio with anything other than a Mac! I value my hard work to much to see it lost in a computer crash on an unreliable system. But, to each his own I guess.
I couldn't give a shit less about dyson fans though.