What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dyr and Tanskas Silly Seedgrows 2012

moritzst

hello dyr,
you are making the happiest mj plants in the world ;)
nice style, ganja for the cause...

greez mo

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks a lot icmaggers :)

We removed most males on the Mighty Freeze spot B today:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
wonderful guys! looks like a fine season to you despite the not so great summer!

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks a lot esbe :) Yeah the summer hasn't been much of a summer really and yes we still have high hopes for some yield. Considering the weather we are very satisfied so far :)

Royal Nepal spot A today, this spot has worked for a while I think it's the 6th year we grow here but this year they are not impressive. I think it's because we gave too little fertilizer this year:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smoking Gun

Looking real nice out there. They may not be monsters, but they look like they will be some nice smoke.

You guys seem to be having the exact opposite problem as us in the States. It has been a summer of record highs and droughts across the country. In some ways you guys have had a much easier summer.

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks :) yes that's true Smoking Gun rain is luxury to even have so it's also a luxury problem ;)

:tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
I'm very impressed with the earlyness of royal Nepal - almost looks like it could come down in August? Maybe the poor performance of the last spot is due to the high water table this year? Looks like a wet area with the reeds.

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks blackone, yeah it is a wet area and that could certainly also be a reason :)

I think many will be ready end of August or early September this year of the Royal Nepal but also some later ones that I guess will come down mid September.

P

piterr

nice plants, nice genetics and awesome project. seeds will be able at seedbay or you make them for yourself for next years?
(ManitobaMedicine x GuerillaGold)x(BangiHaze x PurpureaTicinesis) X Jacalyn =Gloria x Jacalyn
picture.php

and mix
BHBHPT x Alpha Diesel
Jacalyn x F13A11
Bangi Gloria x F13A11 and probably Sour Diesel x Jacalyn
picture.php

Greetings from Poland :tiphat:

dyr

ICMag Donor
Hey piterr :wave: Thanks, beautiful looking patches you have :)

Hmmm, I have heard something about they take donations? Not sure they want to sell my untested and not stabilized seeds though :D Don't get me wrong, I like them, especially the Royal Nepal but it seems to me (and I haven't checked much) that they sell from the more pro growers out there? You know it's easy enough to make a bunch of seeds like we do but breeding is much more difficult. Also I'm not at all good at describing the smoke and potency of a plant and that makes it a poor strain description. :D

Greetings from Denmark to Poland and everywhere else :tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
Hey piterr :wave: Thanks, beautiful looking patches you have :)

Hmmm, I have heard something about they take donations? Not sure they want to sell my untested and not stabilized seeds though :D Don't get me wrong, I like them, especially the Royal Nepal but it seems to me (and I haven't checked much) that they sell from the more pro growers out there? You know it's easy enough to make a bunch of seeds like we do but breeding is much more difficult. Also I'm not at all good at describing the smoke and potency of a plant and that makes it a poor strain description. :D

Greetings from Denmark to Poland and everywhere else :tiphat:
You could always donate to the server fund? The Thyphoon has got quite a following on here and the results you're showing with Royal Nepal are promising - I understand it's the F2 you're growing now? That's actually a good thing because the variation in the cross should already be at 100% expression now so the F3 would be expected to perform pretty much similar (or better with selection).
Send in only seeds in perfect shape and do a germination test yourself first - sometimes even perfect seeds have bad germination if sprouting is attempted too soon after harvesting.

dyr

ICMag Donor
Hey Blackone :) yeah I have talked with Tanska today and we can donate some seeds, I will write to Gypsy about it soon (I guess he is the one to write about that?) ;)

We decided to donate:

50 Thyphoon 2011
50 Nepal 2011
50 Royal Nepal 2011

Maybe more but depends on how many they want to germ test.

I know it's not that many :D but for a start I think it's ok and then if they should be lost in the post it's not a huge loss ;)

The Royal Nepal seeds are F2 (yes, we are growing them now) because we want all 3 in one letter :D when we have harvested and germ tested the F3 seeds I expect we send some of those also.

Peace to all!

Hortic

dyr, you and Tanska seem like such nice people. I'd love to share a spliff with you two sometime. :D Keep up what your are doin. :biggrin: dyr, do you mind sharing what age you are?

witchy

Royal Nepal

Royal Nepal

Nice plants and nice spots.

I'm growing Royal Nepal (f2) aswell on lat 61. It's a real shame they won't be able to finish this north.

M

Merrywanna

Dyr you got a nice looking garden going on there. Thumbs up.
I also got some NepalxRoyal Dane with the cross having supposedly been done in Norway. mine look somewhat different though, nor do they look like witchy's plants. I'll try and get a photo up next week for comparison.

MW

dyr

ICMag Donor
Hey withcy :) that's odd to me they wont finish the cross Nepal x Royal dane was made in Norway on lat 60 and I've seen several people from Finland grow the F1 with success even on higher lats than 61 so really though an F2 from Denmark would be able to do the same. It's also my belief that Tanskas Nepal finish there, sad news :(

dyr

ICMag Donor
Hi Merrywanna :) thanks, maybe there is another strain I haven't heard about called Royal Nepal :D I expected some variation but not so much ;)