What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwc vs flood and drain. Og, cookies, cheese, amnesia and more...

H

Harley420

Crooked8 your buds look Dank..and look solid I have just got delivered an 3 x 3 ebb & flow table.it comes with 16 x 200mm net pots & a 90ltr res.i am looking forward to trying it out.
my first grow will be started as soon as the hydroton has been washed

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you sir, if there is a way you can use your hydroton/recicrulating system to be ultra aerated and on a constant flow i think you will kill it. Ive thought about doing that myself. Rockwool is just more foolproof if pumps die. I love my slabs but the idea of reusing a medium is very appealing.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes they can be. The fittings actually come with standard water pumps. Ill take photos of all of this and update here soon.

Amoeba

Damn nice thread, learned something with how you're rocking it there. I'm putting together a new system here shortly I really like what you got going on dude.

Plants looks fucking tits as well haha

smokeyla1

Hey crooked, awesome setup you have going here and have a few ? You commented in my thread to give up on GH Floranova and give H&G a try so I just bought a starter pack that includes
1 liter of aqua flakes A and B, multizen, Bud XL, Top Shooter, roots excelurator, drip clean, magic clean, nitrogen boost, and algae extract. Do you use all of these and/or recommend them. Also picked up some MOAB as I see it recommended a lot. Is silicon good to use in flower? Any brand recs?

Have been researching building my own either ebb and flow or rdwc for a sog grow, clones with no veg time and came across your thread which if I'm understanding correctly, is a combination of them both. Its built like a ebb and flow but instead of multiflows per day its flooded all day but with added aerration in the top tray? You mentioned you still flood at night...how often?

Thanks for any help and I apologize if any of these answers seem like common sense to most. Just my first time with any type of hydroponics.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey crooked, awesome setup you have going here and have a few ? You commented in my thread to give up on GH Floranova and give H&G a try so I just bought a starter pack that includes
1 liter of aqua flakes A and B, multizen, Bud XL, Top Shooter, roots excelurator, drip clean, magic clean, nitrogen boost, and algae extract. Do you use all of these and/or recommend them. Also picked up some MOAB as I see it recommended a lot. Is silicon good to use in flower? Any brand recs?

Have been researching building my own either ebb and flow or rdwc for a sog grow, clones with no veg time and came across your thread which if I'm understanding correctly, is a combination of them both. Its built like a ebb and flow but instead of multiflows per day its flooded all day but with added aerration in the top tray? You mentioned you still flood at night...how often?

Thanks for any help and I apologize if any of these answers seem like common sense to most. Just my first time with any type of hydroponics.

I use the flakes at a constant rate ranging from 6.0-8.0 mls per gallon maximum. As for H and G boosters i use the roots excel, drip clean, bud xl and top booster(not shooter) . I run moab at half strength in week 6 only. 3 week flush at 6.2ph. I do recommend pro tekt brand silica in flower at 2.5mls per gallon.
Basically anything i do goes 9 weeks. 3-4 weeks veg.
I flood the tray 24/7. The only time water isnt in the tray is during a res change which takes less than 30 minutes. I run 4 airstones(discs) in a 4x8 tray.

roasthawg

Hey crook, awesome setup! I've been running flood and drain for awhile with non stop problems revolving around watering frequency. Seems like when they stay too wet they get deficient. Running a few dwc plants in gh buckets and they are all amazing. I want to try your setup with dwc in the 4'x8' trays... my question is how do you start your plants? 6" cubes straight into the dwc? Or do you flood and drain until you have roots then fill table? Also, do you think your dwc setup would work fine with just 6" cubes and no slabs? Thanks for the amazing show man!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I slice slits in the bottom of the slab and the sides to let water in without lettin light in. Then i cut xs in the top to insert the plants. Yes i presoak.

R

Rageous8899

Yeah its hard to believe this was deleted. I havent read but 2 pages but dammn. Good lookin girls. Can i ask what lights and dimensions of your setup? Do you find the ebb to be easier? Im running individual dwc buckets and im about to switch. Its not rdwc so i have to check every bucket. (Only running 3 atm) but still. The stones clogging, the buzz of my pumps...i will say dwc has quick and impressive results so long as that ph is ok

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Im running individual dwc buckets and im about to switch. Its not rdwc so i have to check every bucket. (Only running 3 atm) but still. The stones clogging, the buzz of my pumps...i will say dwc has quick and impressive results so long as that ph is ok
Switch to one res per light, per strain. Use quality stones, new ones each run. Hang the pumps from bungie cords. Do a search for "Ask Lucas" on the web and read the thread a few dozen times. When you understand proper res setup and management, there are no pH issues... only simplicity itself.

I recommend E&F for any situation where res temps cannot be kept below 69F. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts