What's new

Dutch Passion Durban Poison

Koondense

Veteran
Zefy,
no offense but C99 and GF are not DP(Durban Poison). No need to "scream" here, we're all peaceful and tolerant people, I think.

Asking for more offtopic information(C99...) only leads to off topic debate(most times) so you can probably understand the purpose of my post. It was a reminder of where you are.
I'm not police and don't want to be, so please stay on topic and happy posting.

Cheers

Ktaadn

This topic always confuses me. Seems like people either find DP's DP great or consider it hay. I'm in the hay camp personally. I could get over the black licorice taste which I don't care for, but for me the potency was a 3 or 4. I've smoked leaves that had more effect. Either there are some much more potent phenos in the line or the strain effects people in drastically different ways.

Zefy

This topic always confuses me. Seems like people either find DP's DP great or consider it hay. I'm in the hay camp personally. I could get over the black licorice taste which I don't care for, but for me the potency was a 3 or 4. I've smoked leaves that had more effect. Either there are some much more potent phenos in the line or the strain effects people in drastically different ways.

Heard same about passion #1 (dutch passion) some people find her great,some hay... friend grow p#1 couple of years and sometimes it was great, sometimes was hay... so it's probably more on breeders...
when did you grow DP? I heard rumors that she was "upgraded" couple of years ago... have read growreport, where they took her to lab and it had 19,7% thc and thats not bad...

Ktaadn

Passion#1 I like, or more specifically Amstel gold. I've tried the Passion#1 post 2000 and it was so-so, but I've got an old MMxAmstel hybrid that treats me much better and has that same unique flavor. It's the kind of high I expected from the Durban. Up and clear, not overpowering but the good phenos are almost psychedelic. It made me wonder if there was a change in their breeding early 2000's or so, but that's purely speculation.

'Boogieman'

Heard same about passion #1 (dutch passion) some people find her great,some hay... friend grow p#1 couple of years and sometimes it was great, sometimes was hay... so it's probably more on breeders...
when did you grow DP? I heard rumors that she was "upgraded" couple of years ago... have read growreport, where they took her to lab and it had 19,7% thc and thats not bad...
I also read somewhere that the DP was upgraded a few years ago. I asked Dutch Passion about their Durban Poison and got this response.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Our Durban Poison is indeed a very tough Outdoor variety.
It has been specially bred and developed in the Netherlands.

This way we ensured it could withstand the Northern European climate ,where most of our Outdoor growers are situated, without having any major issues like other traditional indoor varieties.

Durban Poison is a special Sativa dominant strain, the smell, taste and high are quite unique.
Many growers shared with us that the effect is a very clear up high, one that they had not experienced before while growing other strains.
Our AutoDurban Poison also has the same characteristics.

It is quite a fast flowering Sativa, most of them will be ready at the end of September/beginning of October.
I’ve heard about a phenotype that was ready in the 20’s of September, some of our other regular Northern European growers don’t grow anything else anymore.

Potency wise, it is a medium-strong variety, it can produce quite some THC but it is definitely not the strongest of our outdoor section.
I think Passion #1 en Holland’s Hope have the highest THC level in general.
Durban Poison can still produce between 10-18% THC roughly said, this also depends on your growing conditions, hours of direct sunlight, soil, nutrients and of course your care.

For more information you can have a look here : https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/cannabis-seeds/product/durban-poison/

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Adrian
Dutch Passion

argo430

Veteran
I have been working with durban that came from Hemcy seeds. it's in its f3 now and I still like it. It's not a true sativa but it finishes like one. about 90 days for most. durban is on the left in the 2nd photo.

Attachments

• durban very frosty pheno.jpg
    durban very frosty pheno.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 29
  • trayonentwo34.jpg
    trayonentwo34.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 25
I grew it Dp durban a few years ago. It finished around the end of september. Low potency and had the typical amsterdam smell. I wouldn't waste my time with it again.

Berry White clone that floats around cali finished the same time as durban but looks like indoor when finished.

'Boogieman'

Here is my Durban Poison, I only started one of three seeds I have this year. I'm outdoors at about 42° North. Im still open to potent sativa's that finish early. I'm probably going to try C99 and Bangi haze. I popped 2 bangi haze seeds this year but unfortunately the animals got them.

I'm actually impressed of the Durban Poisons strength and vigor, and if the smoke is at least decent sativa I will be satisfied.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-23-19-46-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-23-19-46-20.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 25

Zefy

I'm actually impressed of the Durban Poisons strength and vigor, and if the smoke is at least decent sativa I will be satisfied.

Nice Plant you got there :good: I was also suprised how vigorous DP is.
Also I have noticed interesting thing about DP, after 6-7 months in jars potency goes up and more on the indica side, I can easily take a afternoon nap after smoking DP :D
Thats not the first strain, that I got, that got boost after 6-7 months, but also not all did last 6-7 months.

'Boogieman'

Nice Plant you got there :good: I was also suprised how vigorous DP is.
Also I have noticed interesting thing about DP, after 6-7 months in jars potency goes up and more on the indica side, I can easily take a afternoon nap after smoking DP :D
Thats not the first strain, that I got, that got boost after 6-7 months, but also not all did last 6-7 months.

Thanks Zefy, that's very interesting to know. Here is my Durban Poison as of today. Should be ready around late September/early October. Taking hard beatings from crazy weather lately like a champ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-07-18-11-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-18-11-29.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 28

'Boogieman'

So far the Durban Poison is doing good, will probably be ready early October. She has a incense weed smell hard to describe but smells good. Has really been a care free plant to grow really no problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-14-20-25-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-20-25-46.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 27

'Boogieman'

Here are some pics from 10/1/17, I harvested her today after finding many snapped branches after a storm, will get some more picks and a smoke report soon. Found very minimal mold even after finding many buds laying on the ground.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-06-17-44-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-06-17-44-37.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2017-10-06-17-44-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-06-17-44-33.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 28

'Boogieman'

Despite all the bad reviews on Durban Poison it has turned out very good and potent. The aniseed smell is great but hard to describe and taste like earthy old school weed. It starts as a strong soaring head high but does settle more balanced after about 45 minutes. I like it more than Blue Widow here at 42°N. Same nug i tried taking pictures in different light but cant get a pick to do her justice.

I plan on growing the DP and also Bangi Haze from ace seeds for 2018.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-10-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-10-32.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-02-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-02-59.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-01-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-23-13-01-43.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: