What's new

Dutch Passion Durban Poison

'Boogieman'

I have been wanting to try DP's Durban Poison for years. All my research says it's a hardy outdoor plant but potency varies from average at best to potent. I grow outdoors in the Midwest and have followed many guerilla growers on here like silverback. Im concerned about its potency and want to know if anybody here has any first-hand knowledge growing this strain either indoors or outdoors? I grow at roughly 43° by the great lakes.
Thanks for any replies

Arf

Potency is fine, as long as you watch the trichome color, and trim the bud properly. Like a lot of strains, it's easy to make mediocre bud if you are sloppy.

'Boogieman'

I have grown it a couple of times but it's not very potent....won't grow again.

What latitude did you grow her and when did you harvest? I bought a 3 pack of fems to try it. I'm looking for a good sativa for my latitude but potency is key for me.

'Boogieman'

Potency is fine, as long as you watch the trichome color, and trim the bud properly. Like a lot of strains, it's easy to make mediocre bud if you are sloppy.

Thanks for the reply Arf. Being a sativa would it reach its best peak with white trichomes or should I wait until I start seeing amber? What latitude did you grow her and when did you harvest? I bought a 3 pack of fems to give her a try this year.

Attachments

• KIMG0159.jpg
    KIMG0159.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24

baduy

Dutch passion Durban was a pretty nice strain in the 90's with some variability. I know several old skool growers who still try to grow it because of nostalgia and they all fail to find a keeper.
You want the old Durban poison better cross a real Durban (several threads on cannabiogen and seeds of Africa talk about it) with some fast flowering indica or have a look at Durbakistan or durganchitral, never tried those but they seem much closer to the spirit of the old version

'Boogieman'

Dutch passion Durban was a pretty nice strain in the 90's with some variability. I know several old skool growers who still try to grow it because of nostalgia and they all fail to find a keeper.
You want the old Durban poison better cross a real Durban (several threads on cannabiogen and seeds of Africa talk about it) with some fast flowering indica or have a look at Durbakistan or durganchitral, never tried those but they seem much closer to the spirit of the old version

I want to find a good stable sativa that finishes early October with good sativa potency. I know that's asking for a lot. I'm also going to try Bangi haze and many C-99

baduy

Never tried C99 myself but I trust Bangi haze for earliness, resistance and good high.
Also some individuals in BH do have kind of anise smell similar to DP.

Zefy

I grew DP last year outdoor(46nl), it is hardy plant, was pleasure to grow her, cut her down 26.september, potency is good (7-7,5/10) it is good daytime smoke, no red eyes, you can do some work,...
This year I'm gonna also try with C99 (Female Seeds) and Jack47 Fast Version (Sweet Seeds), Jack 47 should be very potent and finished early oktober...

'Boogieman'

I grew DP last year outdoor(46nl), it is hardy plant, was pleasure to grow her, cut her down 26.september, potency is good (7-7,5/10) it is good daytime smoke, no red eyes, you can do some work,...
This year I'm gonna also try with C99 (Female Seeds) and Jack47 Fast Version (Sweet Seeds), Jack 47 should be very potent and finished early oktober...
Thanks for the reply Zefy, I can't wait to grow DP Durban Poison. I have been wanting to try her for years.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I grew Durban Poison indoors many years ago from DP seeds that were at least a decade old. I had read smoke reports that made me think it was exactly what I was looking for. I was highly disappointed. Hermaphrodites, terrible taste, and really weak high. Not saying it wasn't partly my fault because of a bad grow, but it didn't show enough to make me try it again.

I have grown Bangi Haze that I love. Some were energizing without raciness, with a wonderful euphoria. I call it my anti-depressant weed. My keeper, for the high, is distinctly un-vigorous and has strange slightly deformed structure that got ripe by Oct 12th. Most are not like this one. Some, about 25%, are very indica looking, produce heavily and have a great high But the high on this one... oh yes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I grew a Ciskei last summer that is more licorice and lemony than the perfume like Bangi Haze. BH does have some lemon and menthol, like Ciskei does. The Ciskei licorice is fading a bit and turning more perfume like. Ciskei is much later flowering. I harvested at about Oct. 21, but if the weather was better, I might have waited a week longer.

If Ciskei is anything like Bangi Haze, energetic and euphoric, or like reports of Durban Poison, strong and speedy, I will use it to make my Bangi Haze selection more vigorous and structurally well organized.

Ciskei:
picture.php

picture.php

I hope you do better with Durban Poison than I did, but there are options.

ThaiBliss

'Boogieman'

Greetings,

I grew Durban Poison indoors many years ago from DP seeds that were at least a decade old. I had read smoke reports that made me think it was exactly what I was looking for. I was highly disappointed. Hermaphrodites, terrible taste, and really weak high. Not saying it wasn't partly my fault because of a bad grow, but it didn't show enough to make me try it again.

I have grown Bangi Haze that I love. Some were energizing without raciness, with a wonderful euphoria. I call it my anti-depressant weed. My keeper, for the high, is distinctly un-vigorous and has strange slightly deformed structure that got ripe by Oct 12th. Most are not like this one. Some, about 25%, are very indica looking, produce heavily and have a great high But the high on this one... oh yes:

View Image
View Image
View Image

I grew a Ciskei last summer that is more licorice and lemony than the perfume like Bangi Haze. BH does have some lemon and menthol, like Ciskei does. The Ciskei licorice is fading a bit and turning more perfume like. Ciskei is much later flowering. I harvested at about Oct. 21, but if the weather was better, I might have waited a week longer.

If Ciskei is anything like Bangi Haze, energetic and euphoric, or like reports of Durban Poison, strong and speedy, I will use it to make my Bangi Haze selection more vigorous and structurally well organized.

Ciskei:
View Image
View Image

I hope you do better with Durban Poison than I did, but there are options.

ThaiBliss

Thank ThaiBliss, I have a pack of Bangi Haze fems on the way as of a few days ago. I can't wait to try her. How strong do they smell? I'm thinking about putting one in my garden if the odor isn't too strong.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thank ThaiBliss, I have a pack of Bangi Haze fems on the way as of a few days ago. I can't wait to try her. How strong do they smell? I'm thinking about putting one in my garden if the odor isn't too strong.

This isn't one to set off alarms of the neighbors with skunky or weed smells. The strongest smelling one I found was lemony. The perfumy smelling ones seemed to be best for my head. They smelled like sweet flowers.

Zefy

@Koondense

It is about DP, but Boogieman said: "I want to find a good stable sativa that finishes early October with good sativa potency."
So I don't think I'm wrong for asking about grapefruit and c99!
And we are not chating, I only asked one question!!!
Also my question was not for you! so you go chat somewhere else!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts